StickFlicker 10-Jan-19
TD 10-Jan-19
wilbur 10-Jan-19
greg simon 10-Jan-19
Z Barebow 10-Jan-19
c3 10-Jan-19
10-Jan-19

Z Barebow's Link
Scoot I do not see the course you want on the schedule. You want the one day classroom/field day combo for NR's.

10-Jan-19

smarba's Link
Look on the AZ conference; everything you need to know.

10-Jan-19
Check and make sure you can’t just take it online, we had to have bowhunters ed certificate for diff state last year and was able to take online without ever having to go to actual classroom or instructor.

10-Jan-19
Tennhunter- To receive the AZ Hunter Ed bonus point, an NR MUST travel to AZ to take course specifically structured for NR's. (IE Get everything done in one day)

10-Jan-19
Z Barebow is correct. AZ likes to make it difficult for NR.

10-Jan-19
You can hunt AZ on your states HS card..... not an issue. But if you want the extra point for taking the AZ hunters safety you have to take the AZ course. You can do much of it online..... but still have to do the "field day" in AZ to pass and get your point.

A few years ago P&Y set up a field day to coincide with the P&Y Convention that was in Phoenix (area?) that year. They said it was the largest field day they've ever had..... there were BUSLOADS of bowhunters there. Was really quite amazing. And kudos to P&Y as well as AZGFD.... it went like clockwork. Was a really fun day.

10-Jan-19
Don will have another 1 day class in April I believe. Google don martin hunter ed and call him.

10-Jan-19
I flew to AZ last year and took the class at the Ben Avery Shooting Club. All told, about $200 (flight and rental car) for a permanent point. Side note, wish we had a club that nice where I live...wow!

10-Jan-19
Kevin, It's not actually a club in the true sense. It's owned by the State of Arizona, and is one of (if not THE) largest public shooting facilities in the nation. A number of world championships (shotgun, handgun, rifle, archery, air gun, etc), Olympic archery trials, and the like have been held there over the years. There are probably a dozen or so different archery ranges for various types of shooting. It is a very nice facility, and I'm lucky to live about 1.5 miles from it and shoot there often!

10-Jan-19
Yes, that is where they held the P&Y field day. Quite an amazing facility, finest I've ever seen. Every state should have something like it.

10-Jan-19
Make a mini vacation out of it and bring the Mrs. We flew into Phoenix rented a car drove to Ben Avery where I took the course. Only takes an 1 1/2 hrs.

Then it was off to Sedona for the night and the half day. From there to the Grand Canyon for a day and 1/2. Once mama got off her broom stick about "always something for hunting" we had a great time.

10-Jan-19
Wilbur it sounds like our wives might be related!

10-Jan-19
Wilbur- I think that broom has been mass produced!

10-Jan-19
Z it was great to meet you!

These classes are actually pretty fun to do. Don is particularly funny, entertaining and well worth the time and money to get there. For your point, but also for the valuable information about AZ hunting and how their system works.

Anyway planning a scouting trip and hitting your extra point are well worth your time in AZ.

Cheers, Pete

• Sitka Gear