WV Mountaineer 12-Jan-19
DadOfTwins 15-Jan-19
TD 15-Jan-19
Joey Ward 15-Jan-19
Two Feathers 22-Jan-19
Ironbow-cell 22-Jan-19
10-Jan-19

DL's Link
Hey Pat, Could you sometime do a taped interview with Bo? Love to see it. Here he is teaching.

10-Jan-19
His 30 for 30 is awesome. Get him on Pat!

10-Jan-19
Gary Sheffield, Ozzie Smith, Frank Thomas and Randy Johnson would all be good spokespersons for archery for sure!

10-Jan-19
Wonder what Randy Johnson's draw length would be!

Agreed, those would all be great interviews.

10-Jan-19
"Wonder what Randy Johnson's draw length would be!"

Yeah, boy! He was standing there looking like "I'm gonna pull that thing inside out!"

That was actually a pretty good lesson, though.... And they used a Real Bow (LOL)

10-Jan-19
Bo can hunt too. He has an awesome trophy room!

10-Jan-19
"Randy Johnson is hell on pigeons"... Too freakn funny...8^)))

Bo needs a little instinctive shooting practice though...8^)

10-Jan-19
Joe Montana has done videos with Bo for USA Archery. Id like to see Jack Nicklaus and his son, and Tom Watson. But I would LOVE to see and hear Bo Jackson speak bowhunting, maybe he hunted with Walter Payton?

10-Jan-19
On his first miss, he should have snapped that bow across his knee like he used to do with his bats. Always liked Bo. Tremendous athlete too bad his injury ended his sports career way too early.

10-Jan-19
He has been an avid bow hunter since he was a kid. I too would love to see an interview with him.

10-Jan-19
Back in the late '80s I had the opportunity to hunt two different years with Bo in Alabama. He was an absolutely great guy and a pleasure to be around. He was gun hunting and I was bowhunting but I got him to shoot a recurve between hunts. In fact, one morning my oldest son, Jason, gave Bo a ride back into Bo's stand in the swamp. Bo shot a very nice 5x5 (10 Point) buck that morning and Jason helped him get it out when he drove back in to pick Bo up. It was a great experience for a high school kid at the time. One morning I rode into Selma with Bo so he could buy a pair of warmer boots because his feet were cold. Bo drove a black Jeep. I was giving him static about his mail addressed to Vincent Jackson. Then I asked him if he spelled his name Bow as in "Bow and Arrow" .. or Bo as in "Body Odor"? I can't say here what he called me. Ha. Then I started on him about the color of his Jeep and the fact black is beautiful. Lots of laughs. The next year Paul Schafer went with us. I tried to get Bo and Paul talked into a 50 yd. dash but Schaf declined. He said he was "too old." A lot of people probably don't know Paul was REALLY fast in college. He told me at the time the "world's fastest human" was the Olympic Gold Medalist Bob Hayes. Schaf said he matched Bob Hayes time for the first 50 yds. but then would "burn out", whereas Hayes could keep up that pace. I bet Schaf and Bo would have been a great race. After the hunt I remember Bo got a silvertip from Paul. I honestly don't know if Paul gifted it to him or if Bo bought it but Bo had one. I don't think Bo had a clue who we were. He just thought we were a couple crazy guys bowhunting during the rifle season. It was kind of funny because a year or so later I was the guest speaker at the Missouri Bowhunters banquet. I sat at the table with legendary bowyer Jerry Pierce (the originator of Pierce-Points.) Jerry was a Bo fan and I told Jerry Bo Jackson stories while we ate. The next year Bo was the guest speaker at the Missouri banquet. Jerry told me he asked Bo the same stories I had told him to see if I was telling the truth. Ha. I asked Jerry how I did and he said I was "an honest man." Ha. Another great memory, that year Schaf and I were hunting in AL it happened to be Super Bowl Sunday. Back at the lodge we took the afternoon off to watch the game. Four of us were sitting on the same couch, Lynn Dickey ( retired QB for Green Bay); Next to him was Paul Schafer; then myself; then on my right was Bo. Bo and Dickey kept asking each other questions like, "Did you ever get hit by so and so?" and other personal football talk. I frankly don't even remember who was playing but it was a really great memory.

I even have more stories about Jack Nicklaus and his family because I bowhunted with them six or seven years (including Africa). Absolutely great people all. I've been really blessed to have had the opportunities I've lived. BW

10-Jan-19
Barry , that’s a great story. Thanks for sharing. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bo was to be considered one of the best athletes in American history.

10-Jan-19
I remember a Larry Csonka Story. They Were Camping in a tent on a hunting trip. There was a bear outside their tent and Larrydecided he was getting out of the tent. Well the bear didn’t know who was inside. Larry came tearing out of the tent and the Bear happened to be in his way. He gave the bear a forearm like he would do to a linebacker. The bear headed out of their deciding a Dolphin wasn’t good to eat.

10-Jan-19
I believe Karl Malone was pretty big into bow hunting as well.

10-Jan-19
Got to drive Jack and his sons Gary and Jack Jr around in my truck showing them my standsites I was letting them hunt after a tagged out one year.About the only time I’ve been giddy over any athlete.

10-Jan-19
Cool stories Barry, thanks for sharing...

10-Jan-19
Barry, I remember a couple of brothers hunting up here in Nebraska and hanging out at the house that told more than a few stories, one included the size of his bladder and how he held it all day while hunting then proceeded to pee for five minutes straight while us young guys stared at each other in amazement. Of course you were sold out by Biggie and Gene and I peeked in to see you with the sink running slowly with two cups in hand pouring one slowly into the toilet while you filled the other! Ha Heard you will be back to speak at the NBA Banquet in March, hope to see you there. Kevin

10-Jan-19
Yep.. in third grade I used to be able to pee over top of the school bus.

11-Jan-19
KC Royals fanfest weekend of Jan 25-26 Royals bobblehead will be Bo breaking a bat over his helmet. Don't know if he will be there but I was at the Chief's game when Bo first came to town playing for the raiders. Our team wasn't very good that year but we beat our rival and booed every time Bo touched the ball. Baseballs rained down on the field some too. The next game for the raiders was on Monday night football againet the Seahawks and Brian Bosworth. Bo ran over Bosworth into the endzone and made Monday night highlight reel for years. KC hasn't like oakland for a long time Bo should have stayed on the baseball field I liked watching him.

11-Jan-19
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed the stories.

11-Jan-19
I went to college at Auburn with Bo. Truly a humble, talented athlete and a damn good hunter.

11-Jan-19
Barry, those are some great stories. Nice to know Bo is such a decent guy, I loved watching him when I was growing up. He definitely was a household name for several years. Thanks for sharing that!

I know I am not alone when I say I would love to hear your Jack Nicklaus stories.

12-Jan-19
Barry... I vaguely remember part of the story when you went for the boots. Bo got swamped for autographs and someone asked for yours thinking you were Ned Beatty possibly Dom Deluise?

12-Jan-19
I’d love to hear an interview of Bo. I don’t get all tangled up in the famous stuff but, I think he’s a great all around guy from what I’ve read and seen in the past. What a running back too.

15-Jan-19
I saw Bo at a seafood trade show a couple years ago, hes walking right at me and a co-worker and I said holy crap thats Bo Jackson! He said no its not that looks nothing like him, talked me out of going over and saying hello. Im still torqued about it lol, theres not many "celebs" Id like to talk to but hes certainly one of them

15-Jan-19
Likely the greatest pure athlete that ever lived. And pretty cool he's an avid bowhunter. Love to meet him someday.

Curious.... to those who have met him...... does he speak in 3rd person like I've heard in several interview? Was very unique.

15-Jan-19
TD, no.

Regular guy. Nice, funny, humble.

Fantastic swimmer. Spent lots of time in the Olympic pool swimming laps in every kind of stroke you can name.

Charles Barkley sometimes does though.

Played pickup softball, basketball, and tennis with those guys. And a few other auburn athletes.

Put Lionel James and Bo in the outfield and unless you put it over the fence you’re out or going to be. :-)

Seen Bo throw many a one or two hopper out at first from left field.

22-Jan-19
Thanks. I needed a laugh today. In that video how far are they shooting? 90 yards.?

22-Jan-19
I got to watch Bo try to throw out a runner at first in KC one time. The throw was a bit high and George Brett was playing first. George had to jump to catch the ball and it was coming so hot George got flipped and landed on his head. Bo could really throw!

• Sitka Gear