Barry Wensel 07-Feb-19
Barry Wensel 07-Feb-19
Kodiak 07-Feb-19
Paul@thefort 07-Feb-19
Zbone 07-Feb-19
10-Jan-19
Wow

10-Jan-19
Wow..Congrats to the lucky hunter.. Ears are droopin tho!

10-Jan-19
Would love to know what the left side grosses ........tree mend ous

10-Jan-19
Looks like an escapee from one of those deer farms....wow!

10-Jan-19
The left side has got to be 170. Unreal.

10-Jan-19
The left side has got to be 170 Unreal.

10-Jan-19
Amazing that there is only a shade over 10” of deductions. I’ll bet that buck had a kink in his neck with all that extra mass on his left side. Incredible buck. Congrats to the hunter!

10-Jan-19
Could you just imagine setting in your stand and see that thing coming about 100 yards out. WOW!

10-Jan-19
WOW, congrats to hunter! Kinda reminds me of the Albia Buck...

10-Jan-19
Decent cull buck.

10-Jan-19
Yea, looks like he is long arming it.

10-Jan-19

Zbone's Link
Here is another link from today... Shows kill photo and trail cam photo of buck taken the same day he killed it...

Dang, the dude killed it on my birthday...

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/big-buck-mufasa-officially-measured-world-record-panel-scoring/

10-Jan-19
Another deer farm canned hunt?

10-Jan-19
If that thing is legit he will have a good income from the reproduction rites. Looks like he needs a good lawyer to go with it. Hard to wrap your mind around a buck like that. It will be a life changing event for him no doubt.

10-Jan-19
Imagine 2 sides like the left....so Illinois now hold both P&Y world records. And people are fleeing the state in hordes....go figure.

10-Jan-19
Shhhh... There is no more quality deer left in Illinois.

This buck is unreal. Quite an animal.

10-Jan-19
Article I saw today said the left side scored 191!

10-Jan-19
Would have been a good one next year!

11-Jan-19
'bowbender 77' ....and, no such animal as a good lawyer! ..... that is a very nice non-typical!

11-Jan-19
Gezzzz, I got dizzy looking @ the pic!

Unreal

Good luck, Robb

11-Jan-19
Looks like he shot it with a Hoyt too lol!

11-Jan-19
Illinois deer hunting ain’t even close to as good as it was in the past and has went downhill since about 2007 season. I base this on what I have seen and four or five other guys I know that consistently killed mature bucks in the past. Did we suddenly forget how to hunt? Are we all just having a string of bad luck? One visit to the Illinois deer classic would confirm that. Oh wait they cancelled that due to lack of entries. People are fleeing due to taxes and the political situation. This is a unbelievable buck but in no way does it mean that Illinois is still a great state to deer hunt.

11-Jan-19
troy, this buck has just what it takes to have a great NT score... a relatively regular frame with then a whole bunch of stuff going everywhere, especially off of other points. Worthy specimen for sure.

11-Jan-19
Wow. Great buck. Congratulations to the hunter. On the flip side, I, for one, doubt i would ever let the pictures of a world class buck out on any type of social media before it was st least panel scored and confirmed...although I also don't know if I'd ever even have it scored. Not a record book guy....but tough to say with a deer like that. I like scoring for comparison sake, but that's about it. Anyway, I've seen the jealous and derogatory comments all over social media about this deer, and it really sickens me. I love seeing giant whitetails (wild deer), and I am happy for whoever is lucky enough and skilled enough to put them on the ground. Everything I've seen on this buck points to it being 100% wild.

I've seen people post that's it's not possible for deer to grow that big (poster was from South Carolina). I guess he's right in the sense it is probably not possible in SC....

Anyway, incredible deer....

12-Jan-19
Doorknob, they have to cut them down to the skullplate in order to shoulder mount them

12-Jan-19
That kid from TN must be like wtf as his record got broken rather quick.

14-Jan-19

BoggsBowhunts's embedded Photo
Score sheet that just got posted on the hunters Instagram page

15-Jan-19
Ol wise one, please inform the masses. Likely CWD related since the head had to cross into other states?

15-Jan-19
All 'bucks' leaving Illinois has to have ALL brain material removed (CWD compliance) and removing the Skull Plate and cleaning that is in accordance with Illinois (and some other states laws also) for 'prevention' of possible CWD transfer. ........ so they say anyway!

15-Jan-19
Three.hundred.twenty.inches. Incredible animal. Congrats to the hunter!

- Cheryl

15-Jan-19

midwest's Link
Classy statement from Michael Beatty to his successor at my link....

15-Jan-19
Midwest. That’s a really classy response by M Beatty.

15-Jan-19
Official scorers, please educate me on how scoring something like this would work. This buck was scored as a mainframe 3x4 (7 pointer) and then they added in all the abnormal points? Why would he not have the brow tines scored as regular points? Seems to me there is a G1 evident? Thanks!

15-Jan-19
Sure would be cool if this shows up at the P&Y convention.

15-Jan-19
Brotsky, those two points must have been judged by the B&C measurer as non-typical burr points instead of brow tines. Typical points rise from the top surface of the main beam. But either way, there's not much effect on the final score, since those two points appear to be roughly the same length. Meaning that, had they been brow tines, they'd have been part of the net typical frame ("subtotal") after minimal side-to-side deduction, but if judged to be non-typical points, they're measured in full and included as part of the total abnormal score ("line E").

15-Jan-19
Yep, stupid post by me about mounting it being the reason for cutting it to the skull plate. I believe a number of states have that law in place for CWD now.

15-Jan-19
so it's a no brow tines 320 incher!

how amazing is that no brow tines!

15-Jan-19
Yeah, cool statement from Mr. Beatty... Thanks for sharing...

That 304" score of the Beatty Buck didn't hold after P&Y panel judging though, they dropped 10" from it, but that score is still accepted by OH records keep org:

-Buckeye Big Buck Club score: 304 6/8 inches

-Pope and Young score: 294 inches

Not knockn, but personally can't see over 3 feet more inches (over 36") on this Brewster over the Beatty buck... The Beatty Buck looks bigger to me, but so does the Hole in the Horn buck look bigger to me than the Miz Monarch...

15-Jan-19
My insider reports on Illinois is its making a resurgence! Huge up and coming bucks running everywhere. 2019 is the year to start hunting Illinois for monster bucks!!!

15-Jan-19

Here’s a post of the buck last year. Gotta be a record for most growth in one year, right? A good buck last year, but not anywhere close to what he was this year. Unreal blow up from 2017->2018

15-Jan-19
Thanks Sticksender, that definitely makes sense. Could there be potential for them to classify that first long point on the left beam as a G1? I'm always interested in how they score these crazy non-typicals.

15-Jan-19
"Unreal blow up from 2017->2018"

WOW, yeah a lot of bone grown in one year...

15-Jan-19
Wonder what the age of the deer was? Would be interesting to know at what age he put on that much growth.

15-Jan-19
My guess would be 4-1/2... He's got the racehorse look of a 3-1/2 in that last year's photo...

15-Jan-19
I wonder if there was any injury to the buck's right side...….the difference between the two sides is amazing.

15-Jan-19
Pope and Young now conducts special panels for any animal that is officially entered and is above the current world record. B&C has been doing this for a while and we started doing it in 2017. This buck will be paneled at our already scheduled biennium panel at the end of February. It will be certified as a WR or not when that happens. Since it wasn't entered before December 31, it will go in the next recording period and would not be eligible for an award at this years convention. With any luck we will have the buck on display in Omaha and then again at our convention in 2021. Now is a great time to be a bowhunter. Congrats to the hunter and thanks to Boggs for sharing last years trail cam photo. That should reduce the cries of it being a deer farm buck. Nothing will eliminate the haters but that photo makes a big difference. I can't wait to hear the entire story.

15-Jan-19
Score sheet shows him as a main frame 7 point. Missing typical brow tines on each side. Probably should have passed on him for one more year.

15-Jan-19
JSW - Thanks for sharing, was kinda wondering eligibility period for this tremendous animal, and curious are both orgs gonna panel score it, or just one and the other will accept that score? Point I was trying to make above the Beatty buck lost a lot of inches after panel judging...

Yeah Jake, I kinda wonder about one side injury too...

15-Jan-19
I see Tim Walsmsley scored it. Pretty likely the panel scoring will be very close. Tim's been around, knows what he's doing.

15-Jan-19
Depends who's on the panel...

From what I gathered, there was disagreements between the Hole in the Horn and the Miz Monarch when B&C panel scored them and turned into a sorta political thing... Another reason I asked if one org will accept the other orgs panel judge score... I'm guessing (do not know) B&C will accept P&Y panel judge score since it will not outscore the B&C number 1 but had it though, I'm sure B&C would also want to panel judge it???

15-Jan-19
What a cool buck. Sounds like they had been hunting the buck for a few years and they say they guestimated him at 7.5 years old. Cool that he let his buddies pick their stands and picked a stand after they had chosen. Sat a stand that hadn't been hunted in years. Buck probably patterned them to some degree....

Its crazy how big a 160" whitetail is. This is two of them in one rack. WOW

15-Jan-19
Poor old buck must have been miserable hauling that thing around...it was a "Mercy Killing"... ;^)

15-Jan-19
Was looking at that score sheet, and kinda have a stupid question for you scorers... I understand there is only 4 main beam circumference measurements from G-1 - G4s, although it may be extremely rare on a typical frame, say a 8x8 typical or more, would the G-8s (or more) be scorable, or G-7 is max and any typical points after would be scored as nontypical points?

15-Jan-19
Great buck! Congrats to the hunter!

Not to take anything from the buck, but I'm having a hard time believing that none of those points near the base will be considered brow tines (G1s). I suppose the only way that could affect the score by much would be if the long one on the left is declared a brow tine.

Incredible buck!

15-Jan-19
The no brow tine thing is interesting but I won't comment on that until I see it. Pictures just aren't good enough. There is no limit to the number of typical points. An 8x8 is possible.

P&Y and B&C have worked hard to eliminate differences and I think we are about as close as we can get. It will only be panel measured once. There should never again be 2 different scores like there has been in the past. A few years ago we worked it out so Richard Hale, the B&C Records Chairman is on our Records Committee and Ed Fanchin is on theirs. This has been instrumental in getting both committees on the same page. If the score changes it will be because one or more points were not classified properly or there is a problem with the baseline on some points. We try to be very consistent from one panel to the next and this buck will be treated the same as the last 20. I can't wait to see it.

16-Jan-19
Here’s a post of the buck last year. Gotta be a record for most growth in one year, right? A good buck last year, but not anywhere close to what he was this year. Unreal blow up from 2017->2018

16-Jan-19
Cha-Cha-Cha CHING!!! Congrats to the hunter for keeping it together to make the shot. He should profit off that deer without a problem. That record should stand for a bit, unless Keith warren sneaks one of his farmed deer In. lol. I hope he tells them he used the following, Matthews bow, rage, Easton arrows , scent killer, tinks , scent loc, hecs and a lone wolf climbing stand, and a Scott release. Endorsements should total a few hundred grand a year. Lol

16-Jan-19
P.S. He'll also be on deer society for using the black rack and grunt tubelol

16-Jan-19
"...this buck will be treated the same as the last 20."

That's not true.

16-Jan-19
Curious as to where the circumferences were measured with no G1's and a 3x4 frame. On a normal 6 pt with brows, the last circumference is recorded twice. On this buck, it looks like the first circumference is recorded twice. Crazy.

16-Jan-19
If a deer has no brows I thought you measure the smallest between base and g2 then put that measurement in place of h1 and h2

16-Jan-19
H: CIRCUMFERENCES Circumferences are taken at the narrowest place as detailed in Figure C for each measurement. If the brow point is missing, take H-1 and H-2 at the smallest place between the burr and the G-2 point. If the G-4 point is missing, take H-4 halfway between the G-3 point and the tip of the main beam.

16-Jan-19
Thanks lopro!

06-Feb-19
Received NAW Magazine, Spring issue in the mail with this buck on the cover with story... They have 4 years of photos of him, 2015 - 2018... In the 2015 photo, he was big and typical and mature then (if actually same buck), but anyhow, he'd be at least 7-1/2 years old but likely older...

Photo in 2017 he actually looks smaller than in 2016 and 2015 as a typical... He grew a bunch between 2017 and 2018...

07-Feb-19
antlers are one of natures most amazing and biggest mysteries

07-Feb-19
I met Luke Brewster in the bathroom (of all places) the other day at the Great American Outdoors Show in Harrisburg, PA. I have to say he impressed me as a genuine, humble young man displaying honesty and integrity. Often being thrust into the limelight will bring out jealous rumors but I'm pleased to say this young man appears to be the real deal and my "crooked hat" is off to him. BW

07-Feb-19
I met Luke Brewster in the bathroom (of all places) the other day at the Great American Outdoors Show in Harrisburg, PA. I have to say he impressed me as a genuine, humble young man displaying honesty and integrity. Often being thrust into the limelight will bring out jealous rumors but I'm pleased to say this young man appears to be the real deal and my "crooked hat" is off to him. BW

07-Feb-19
Amazing buck. I'm happy for him, what a thrill it must be to arrow an animal of that caliber.

07-Feb-19
Man or Man! that is what dreams are made of, A Giant buck. Congrats to the hunter. Yea, would love to hear that story in detail. my best, Paul

07-Feb-19
Hey Barry, did you happen to ask him how old the buck was?

Hey Paul, story is in NAW Magazine, that's where the series of photos I spoke about above...

• Sitka Gear