GF 11-Jan-19
PA-R 12-Jan-19
Wayne Helmick 12-Jan-19
DL 13-Jan-19
redquebec 13-Jan-19
DL 13-Jan-19
10-Jan-19

DL's Link
Even when you’re minding your own business. Poor guy must’ve called her something as she went down the tree. Is the sow a grizzly? Can’t tell on my cell phone.

11-Jan-19
Her speed is incredible...mortals stand no chance

11-Jan-19
So much for climbing a tree to escape!

11-Jan-19
No, it’s a black bear

11-Jan-19
Wow, wish I could cover ground like that in a blow down area.

11-Jan-19
Man, they destroyed that tree...

11-Jan-19
I could use her help hanging some treestands.

11-Jan-19
Wow, that was amazing. I was on the edge of my seat watching that one Thanks for sharing

11-Jan-19
Its a black bear. Awesome video. Amazing how fast they can climb

11-Jan-19
She would make a great de-limber in a logging operation ! :-) She gets a 10 on climbing too.....

11-Jan-19
Pretty amazing animals

11-Jan-19
She cover a lot of ground to get down to that bear, must a been a stinky wind blowing upslope for her to travel that far to instigate a confrontation. Apparently she has a larg safe zone. She also spent a lot of energy up and down that tree and just hanging there. That fast run down hill was exhausting. And was a long ways up, I was hoping she push him another 10 feet up and that top would’ve snapped off.

That was intense.

Thanks

11-Jan-19
So if a big boar runs for his life when a sow comes after him....

How scared should WE be???

12-Jan-19
D#@& scared, if you have time!

12-Jan-19
Just goes to show, if they want you, they can have you. That includes pretty much every predator. I know people survive attacks every year but those animals were just trying to neutralize a threat not get lunch. We are just lucky they haven't put us on the menu yet. The power of wild animals is amazing. Especially those that kill for a living.

13-Jan-19
A friend of mine in Alberta was telling about someone he knew that was attacked. Bear had him ripping the muscle of his shoulder blade. Reminds me of the Movie the Revenent. That actual attack and recovery from it was worse than the movie shown.

13-Jan-19
And every black bear encounter I have ever had the bear freaked out in fear and bolted as soon as they knew I was there. I was always on the ground eye level. The last thing I saw everytime was a big black bear behind barreling through the woods away from me like a big cannonball. And I have always smiled and thought "that's right, I'm the apex heh heh heh." I know sooner or later there's going to be a bear with a.....different.....disposition.

13-Jan-19
Here in Ca there’s a good chance of having a confrontation. Stupid people feed them and tolerate them around homes even protecting them. A land owner here near where I lived was out posting his land and had a bear come within 50 yds poppin his jaws. At other times when he’s out working and parks his truck the bear will come and lay a fresh pile near his truck. That’s not a bear you want around.

• Sitka Gear