craig@work 04-Feb-19
ELKMAN 05-Feb-19
Hawkeye 05-Feb-19
chasintheslam 05-Feb-19
Ucsdryder 09-Feb-19
carcus 09-Feb-19
rookie 09-Feb-19
11-Jan-19
I, m looking for a new set of strings, I want something that won’t stretch or creep. The bows 65-80 lbs. who do you suggest ?

11-Jan-19
I, m looking for a new set of strings, I want something that won’t stretch or creep. The bows 65-80 lbs. who do you suggest ?

11-Jan-19
Vapor trail archery.

11-Jan-19
JBK strings. Rogue are good too but higher priced.

11-Jan-19
60x

11-Jan-19
Why does 60x always get so many comments? I'm on my third Hout and always replaced with Hoyt strings. I shoot a lot. What am I missing. My archery pro says Hoyy is just fine, and I don't know the difference. ???

11-Jan-19
JBK strings makes the best strings and has the best customer service in the industry right now. Call and talk to Jeff over there and you will never look back. Get the new Rampage material. Super quiet, and super fast.

11-Jan-19
Thanks Elkman, definitely will give them a try.

11-Jan-19
May check out Catfish Customs as well. I have used these strings for several years now on my Xpeditions. Mike made me a set of strings out of rampage material and I picked up 7 fps over the factory strings. No stretch, no twist, no frays, no hassles. $80 choose your colors.

11-Jan-19
60X or if you want to pay up, Winner's Choice.

11-Jan-19
I have not had had good luck with my 60x strings. I've tried twice and the string has frayed very easily. Also, the serving on the ends separates where it wraps the cams.

11-Jan-19
My last few sets are from Archeryshack.com. They make some nice threads and have great CS. I had one set from 60X, yokes started coming apart after a few hundred shots. When contacted I was told warranty didn't cover the yokes. No more 60X for me.

11-Jan-19
I've used 60x many times and have always been happy, tried archeryshack on my last 2 sets and they are great, and the price was right!

11-Jan-19
Jbk has a 2 year warranty. That sold me. I bought a set but haven’t installed them yet. 60x doesn’t cover yokes? I wouldn’t touch a string company that pulled that bs.

12-Jan-19
DO NOT do winners choice at this point

12-Jan-19
I have JBK strings on all 3 of my bows. Great price, great product.

12-Jan-19
Vaportrail!

13-Jan-19
Wyobull has it right as usual. (You know that seems like a common theme around here... LOL!)

13-Jan-19
Another vote for 60X - the BEST!!

13-Jan-19
I bought some 60x and wasn't impressed. Just sayin.

Best strings I've ever purchased were from a guy on Archery Talk. His name is John something, goes by Breathn on AT, Johns customs is his business. You may have to wait awhile for the strings but the sets I've purchased were far and away better than anything else.

13-Jan-19
A few guys on AT that can hook you up with and excellent set. Ex wolverine( tom park and sons archery) Breathn ( johns custom archery). Also Bart Shortall Xfire Bowstrings. BSD, bow string depot. Bill Hutchinson

all these guys are top not, quality work and good prices. they don't churn of the numbers like 60x, WC, ABB which shows in the quality and CS

13-Jan-19
Trial is on the money here. Best part is they are usually cheaper!

15-Jan-19
Thanks fellas for all the info,these dealers were totally unknown to me,really gives me some choices,thanks again.

15-Jan-19
Twisted X is my favorite

16-Jan-19
I've tried lots of them......I always go back to winners choice. best by far....... it means nothing to me how much they cost.

16-Jan-19
I'm going with Catfish Customs for my next set. Heard lots of good things.

16-Jan-19
I ran hogwire x-99. Had it made all one color no pinstripes or anything and the peep never moved and it held a tune all season.

17-Jan-19
Hard to top Catfish Customs strings .

18-Jan-19
Catfish Customs,or Buckslayer

18-Jan-19
I have used several of the custom brands, with good results. But more recently, at my pro shop recommendation, I went to Hoyt. They are working just fine.

18-Jan-19
I just ordered a set from jbk. Looking forward to trying out this rampage stuff.

18-Jan-19
Will purchase another Winner Choice this season. Have had the current one on for 4 years and I bet it would go another few.

18-Jan-19
Well maybe not after just reading the reviews. Paul

19-Jan-19
Gas is a new one that I have been reading a lot of good things about. Anyone tried them?

03-Feb-19

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
I put my jbk strings on last night, but the ata and Bh to spec, and timed the cams. Installed my d loop and nock sets and tied in my peep. I still need to shoot it, but everything looks good! I did have to add some twists to get the cams in sync, but not too much. The strings looks great and all the loops are well done. I have high hopes!

03-Feb-19

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
I ran a broadhead across my factory Hoyt string (fuse) in the late season this past year and while it didn’t fully break it took a nick out of it so I’ve been researching new string options as well. I had been a big proponent of Winners Choice in the past but they really seem to have gone downhill lately. In 2017 I bought a winners choice for my backup bow and having only put maybe 100 arrows through it I’ve gotten considerable peep rotation and the serving is already coming undone (see pic). I was at an expo in Michigan last weekend and cornered Aron Snyder (Kifaru CEO and host of Kifaru Cast podcast) to get his 2 cents on the best aftermarket compound string and he suggested I talk with the BCY guys as most of the aftermarket providers use their components. I walked over to their booth and long story short, the BCY guys said it’s hands down America’s Best Bowstrings (ABB). I ordered a set from them last week. That said, could it be they are simply pushing a brand that uses their base components? Perhaps, but it seems like I’ve heard nothing but good things about ABB so I figured it’s my best bet currently.

03-Feb-19
What did the abb set you back?

Jbk, has a 2 year warranty. If they make it 2 years, and cost 60 bucks sign me up...

03-Feb-19
Apologies, I should have specified that. I was looking for their opinion on the best quality strings regardless of price. ABB's custom strings range from $99 to $159 and their cheapest option doesn't have a warranty. My perspective is given how much I spend on hunting (out of state tags, travel, etc) its a relatively small thing to spend an extra ~$100 and get the best string possible (in theory). That's why historically I had been for winner's choice but given they've gone downhill I started researching other brands. I understand some folks are restricted by budget, I simply wanted to share what my research had found (btw I have no vested interest in any of these companies).

04-Feb-19
Just an FYI: I've worked with ABB's stuff and it's not even close to the build quality and tolerances of JBK. Just information.

04-Feb-19
ABB is a big no go for me. Reason being is they popped up out of nowhere with a huge advertising budget last year. They have the entire hunting industry pushing there product. That is a huge turnoff for me. They may have a great product but just because they have a big advertising budget does not make it so.

All these outdoor companies want to be the next big success like yeti done when they came on the market.

We as hunters are so gullible we see something enough times we believe it has to be the greatest.

Ok rant over I think you guys have talked me into getting a set of JBK strings.

04-Feb-19
If you could find one for $200 more think how much better it would be

04-Feb-19
For the record I have no affiliation with jbk and I’m not ready to say they’re great strings. They look good and were close to spec, I still had to add some twists which isn’t a big deal. Ask me 6 months from now and I can say whether or not they are good strings.

04-Feb-19
I put a set of Jbk’s on today and they are living up to the hype. The rampage material is super quiet. I’m impressed thus far.

Craig

05-Feb-19
I have no affiliation with them either.

05-Feb-19
I've had great luck with Vaportrail. Incredible CS and fast shipping.

05-Feb-19
Look at X Fire bowstrings they are great local business in Maryland each string is made by one of 2 guys to ensure perfect strings everytime vs the large string companies I highly suggest the look

09-Feb-19
I shot a 100 or so arrows tonight. Bare shaft through paper, then walk back tuned. The jbk strings are awesome so far. I tied in the peep before firing my first arrow and it hasn’t moved at all. Nothing’s more annoying than a peep that wants to rotate an 1/8” of a turn at full draw. We will see how it holds up but so far I’m beyond impressed.

09-Feb-19
I've had really good luck with 60X, probably bought 10 sets, I tried Archery Shacks strings this summer on my experience and they are really good so far and the price was right!!

09-Feb-19
Well last couple sets I have bought have been hogwire no complaints. No stretch no peep rotation bow feels great! Good price great customer service.

• Sitka Gear