ELKMAN 28-Jul-19
WapitiBob 28-Jul-19
midwest 28-Jul-19
Willieboat 28-Jul-19
ELKMAN 29-Jul-19
11-Jan-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Pay attention here because there is more than meets the eye on that cam/axle system... 35 inch ATA 7 inch brace 4.5 pounds 335 IBO

11-Jan-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

11-Jan-19
That looks good! Can’t wait to shoot one!!!

11-Jan-19
Dang...just bought a Realm X...maybe I should have waited!

11-Jan-19
Elkman, aren't you supposed to be hunting!

11-Jan-19
Yes. Always

11-Jan-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

11-Jan-19
That is one fugly looking bow. Looks mean nothing but man that’s ugly

11-Jan-19
I can see that attachment assembly becoming a trouble spot over time. Hopefully Bowtech has ten thousand shot sequences on a number of test bows. I'd be concerned about the overhung mass weight fatiguing the limb tips.

11-Jan-19
Wow that thing is ugly! Not that it would impact my decision, but damn!

11-Jan-19
Ugliest bow I have seen years....looks like a two track though. That’s a good thing.

11-Jan-19
So would we be correct in assuming you are in some way involved with Bowtech now?

11-Jan-19
I nominate this contraption for "Ugly Bow of the Year" award.

11-Jan-19
Horrible ugly bow... wow...

11-Jan-19
at 4.5 pounds the boat anchor guys should be along shortly.

11-Jan-19
I thought elkman was the bow anchor guy...

11-Jan-19
Interesting they are moving away from parallel limb configuration

11-Jan-19
Ugly bow, but it is likely a shooter with the specs listed!

11-Jan-19
All I see when I look at that bow is a bow that should be very shootable (aka forgiving). If it indeed shoots like looks like it should, that would be beautiful. I personally find the bow sexy. (nice curves)

11-Jan-19
I just bought my first Bowtech in quite a few years this year. Even the Realm X isn't as parallel as most bows on the market. I forgot how well Bowtechs hold, point and shoot. I'm certain this new one will be a shooter for sure.

11-Jan-19
Looks three track to me. Seems like a modified Guardian circa 2008.

11-Jan-19
Like some others have said...

Looks don't mean everything. But it definitely isn't appealing to the eyes, at least to my eyes.

11-Jan-19
"Ugliest bow I have seen years....looks like a two track though. That’s a good thing."

The PSE Moneymaker is jealous right now.

11-Jan-19
That’s funny the reactions of a bunch of you on how ugly it is. My first thought was “DANG” that’s cool!!! Bet it’s a SHOOTER!!! Looks like a bat wing and “SEXY” is right on th money! But hey...I think the ugliest bows ever made are the Hoyt carbons!-)

11-Jan-19
No yokes!

11-Jan-19
Right now in a dark cave somewhere Christian Bale is saying "I'm Batman!" and wondering how Bowtech got the plans to his bow.

11-Jan-19
Spot on Bro!-D

11-Jan-19
I love those specs, and don’t care about looks, but where are the fixed yokes?

11-Jan-19
No need for yokes....you move the cams wherever you want them via set screw.

11-Jan-19
Aren't all compounds ugly? I think it is cool, for a wheel bow.

11-Jan-19
Aren't all compounds ugly? I think it is cool, for a wheel bow.

11-Jan-19
Very ugly .

11-Jan-19
Bow freak how do you tune out cam lean?

11-Jan-19
I haven't seen the cam up close yet obviously, but I don't think there is much lean inherent in this system. Power stroke centering will be accomplished by laterally moving the cam left or right.

Same process as shimming an old two-track over, same process as loading and unloading the yokes on an ODB cam to get the power-stroke where you want it.

Setup should be as simple as setting centershot on the rest, shooting through paper or BS tuning and starting positioning the cam where you need it for perfect arrow flight. I'm betting you can shoot multiple spined/weighted arrows out of the same bow with retuning taking only minutes.

11-Jan-19
My first thought was fuk is this a ugly bow, awesome idea for cam tuning, I love yokes but I thinks this will be even better

11-Jan-19
Guess I never thought about a bow as "ugly" or "pretty"? How does it shoot?

Question: Are the fellas here that say this'n is ugly the same fellas that are getting pedicures? I'm just trying to figure out where that "sub-group" might be located, for scientific purposes of course.

12-Jan-19
I only get pedicures for myself that my wife pays for..

12-Jan-19
Used Realms should get a good bit cheaper..... =D

12-Jan-19
No pedicures Sito but that thing is hideous.

12-Jan-19
Ugly for sure. Nice specs though. 7 inch brace height and 34 inch axle to axle will make it a dead eye, easy to shoot bow.

12-Jan-19
Ohio,

Being a 3 track slaved cam system the cables are on opposite sides of the cam. That helps to control. Unless there is some significant limb twist or other out of the ordinary issue any lean in the system would simply be cosmetic. By adjusting the position of the cam you are doing the same thing as yoke tuning.

Think of it this way...this bow should have the benefits of a 2 track cam system like an Elite but with less inherent can lean. It should also be as tunable as a Bowtech ODB.

12-Jan-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Just remember what we used to think looked cool....

12-Jan-19
There is an adjustment screw on the axles you can move the cam laterally with between the limbs to do lateral tuning. I'm not to sure on this one myself... Have to get my hands on it. Very cool to see innovation regardless. I just think they should have balanced it in some way.

12-Jan-19
I do not get my nails done, nor do I manscape. The bow is ugly.

12-Jan-19
Well.... now we know how some folks choose their camo...... "gosh! that's purdy!" .....heheheheh.....

12-Jan-19
That thing is FUGLY.

12-Jan-19
The saying “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” applies here....

12-Jan-19
I had to look away

13-Jan-19
Looks don't mean anything in bows. Look at Maaathews and how unbelievably ugly they've been ever since the waffle iron risers and people still buy them by the thousands. Hell the Triax doesn't even look like a bow at this point. Looks like somebody pulled the stock off of a cross gun and flipped it vertical...

13-Jan-19
ELKMAN, I bet I can guess what bow company are you shooting for now. But, to clarify, why don't you tell us.

13-Jan-19
I have no affiliation with anyone this year as far as bows are concerned. I am tinkering this year and seeing what all I've been missing, and then we will see. I will say that right now the Realm series is the best all around hunting line being produced if your just looking at balance, grip, performance, tuning, and technology.

13-Jan-19
I would not consider the Reckoning system really a hunting system until it has been out for a couple years. To much going on with the axle system for me to comfortable until it has been proven. I can pretty much guarantee they will have issues with this for a while. This is Bowtech after all. JMO

13-Jan-19
Elkman, did you just admit you’ve been blindly pimping hoyt without “seeing all that I’ve been missing” ?

13-Jan-19
I'm no fanboy, but the waffle riser is cool. Elkman, what broadhead are you pimping now?

13-Jan-19
I stand corrected. I was just confused because last year the RX1 was the pinnacle by your own words. Some where it became a less then perfect bow by your own admission. As this was coming about, you began to talk about Bowtech. So, I thought you were pimping them now.

13-Jan-19
He pimps nothing.

They pimp him. He’s the prostitute. They’re the pimp

But I will say this, if I were a bow company or anything to do with archery, I wouldn’t want him as a representative for my products. He sucks at being a salesman and he pushes people away from the brand.

I’d have to assume these companies don’t follow his social media, Otherwise, they’d run as fast as they could away from Him.

13-Jan-19
Still waiting on elk man to call this bow a boat anchor.

13-Jan-19
This bow may be ugly but gearhead wrote the book on ugly

13-Jan-19
What is "ugly" about it? It can only be the riser because the limbs and cams along with the roller guard have been like that for several years. It looks hell for strong to me and we want a ridged riser for a forgiving foundation. It also appears to be of deflex design, just looking at the one picture. I just don't see a "pretty" riser from anyone, what man doesn't want a rugged bow...

13-Jan-19
I am not a big looks guy, but that bow is butt ugly.

13-Jan-19
The evolution of the compgun!

13-Jan-19
IMO, looks mean nothing when it comes to compounds. They're all gnarly contraptions.

The weight and the long ATA length mean I won't even bother trying to shoot it.

I'm glad to see someone's making a 7 inch BH bow again though. BHs have been getting ridiculously short. How do you even shoot a bow with a BH under 6 inches when you're wearing cold-weather gear without hitting your clothes?

Now I just wish they'd make one with carbon at 32 inches ATA that weighed a lb less and I wouldn't care if it looked like Hillary Clinton's face.

14-Jan-19
It's 35 inches axle to axle and is still lighter than the Triax... So I wouldn't say it's heavy by today's standards. But to be clear I do wish it was lighter. (It is kinda ugly IMO)

14-Jan-19
8^0 Just threw up in my mouth on that last comment Idy!!!

14-Jan-19
Dang Concrete. Tell us how you really feel.

14-Jan-19
I mean, yeah, I'm ugly as hell and it gets worse every year, but dang....i don't think I would carry that in the woods. It would be like pheasant hunting with Hilary Clinton! Am I right Idylll??!

15-Jan-19
It’s definitely an extremely different look and design than anything Bowtech has had recently. Like Ike said, I’m out just based on how long the ATA is but for a bigger guy I’m sure it’s a shooter. And yeah.... that thang is DAM ugly! I’ll stick with my Realm.

15-Jan-19
I am dumbfounded by all the ugly comments. That is by far the best looking bow that I've seen in a while. Plus it's encouraging to once again see a hunting bow with a good A to A for those with a draw length over 28", a nice brace height, and no stupid reflex in the riser.

15-Jan-19
I don't think it looks bad at all.

15-Jan-19
They need a smoking hot women to model the thing. That away it would take the attention away from the bows looks.

15-Jan-19
I kind of like it, maybe because I keep coming back to look at it and its growing on me. I love the tuning idea moving the cam with a set screw and getting the string back on the cam away from the yokes/limb ends. Im not a fan of compressing my limbs to twist/untwist to tune. Olink, I must be missing something. I still see the reflex rollers cable guide or are you talking about something else? I think this bow is sweet, Id still like to see the IBO a little faster and keep the 7 inch BH but I bet this thing is a tack driver.

15-Jan-19
He's talking about the geometry of the riser. And I agree with him. Been awhile since I've seen a bow with that geometry. It is refreshing.

15-Jan-19
Looks like a winner to me.

15-Jan-19
The Reckoning was my favorite bow I shot at ATA. Held great, super quiet, and tuning options are better than anything else out there with that new cam adjustment system. I'm loving the direction Bowtech has been going the past few years.

16-Jan-19
Agreed. They must have some VERY good people in the engineering dept. as of late, and people at the top that are not afraid to make waves. As good as the Realm line is, and has been received, it would have been very easy for them to sit on this for 3 years before unleashing it on the market...

16-Jan-19
Anyone know what the let off is?

16-Jan-19
If those limb tips hold together, this will be the cam adjustment system of the future. Of course, I don't think this will work well of short ATA bows. The cams will still lean as the limbs twist under that much side pressure.

16-Jan-19
Between 75 and 80% depending on how you set the valley. What side pressure are you speaking of? From the set screw?

16-Jan-19
Its growing on me! You can tune without a press!!!!

16-Jan-19
If it has a cable offset, it will have cam lean, but that can be dealt with same as we do now. I'd be more concerned about limb tip attachment integrity and the potential for adjustment/locking mechanisms to loosen under the extreme, repeated shocks they have to endure. Only a couple of years in shooters hands will answer that.

16-Jan-19
Agreed

17-Jan-19
I took the "plus size" girl to the prom once.

My friends laughed at me. I had a great time. ; ^ ))

I'll probably buy this bow....

17-Jan-19
I like your style! LOL!

17-Jan-19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lInrhCESjaE

17-Jan-19

LINK's Link
Elkmans link

17-Jan-19
I guess I don't know how to make those things work! lol!

03-Feb-19
lol

04-Feb-19
Looks like these will start shipping in March

08-Feb-19

08-Feb-19
Sweet bow!

09-Feb-19
The technology on these bows is truly AMAZING. If they executed this well as far as build quality/reliability it will put all other systems in the dark ages with regards to tuning. The adjustments you can make in such micro increments with no need for a press are a game changer laterally, and it is "true" binary so vertical issues are non existent regardless of draw length. It will be interesting to see how this system works over the next year with regards to issues/reliability. (Never been Bowtech's strong suit)

09-Feb-19
I still think it looks like a batwing. You will see this bow in the next Batman movie. In the matt black finish. Think Rambo arrows with exploding tips!

09-Feb-19
Could be my new bow!

in a couple or 3 years..... =D

11-Feb-19
One thing to keep in mind on this bow though is that they likely won't start shipping until April.

11-Feb-19
One thing to keep in mind on this bow though is that they likely won't start shipping until April.

14-Feb-19
Love the looks, the deflex riser, the speed, the ease of tuning and all the reports of those that have shot it are very good. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys.

15-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
It should be interesting for sure. One thing I will say is the Realm X is blowing my mind. Just did another full work up on one the other day and it is an unbelievably easy bow to shoot and tune and VERY fast for a bow with that geometry.

15-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
True 28 inch draw- 69 pounds- 436 grain arrow at 287 fps... That is smokin for a 33-1/4 inch ATA with 6.5" brace. Tuned in about 5 minutes, dead center and level.

20-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

21-Feb-19
one note: The Realm Xs I have done are running about 1/4 to 3/8" long on draw. That one tested I put to true spec before testing.

22-Feb-19

ELKMAN's Link

03-Mar-19
I shot the Reckoning yesterday in Des Moines. Nanny nanny boo boo ;)

04-Mar-19
Show? What were your over all impressions?

04-Mar-19
yeah, Deer Classic, Bowtech had one there. It was a RH model, but I can shoot either. 31" DL, IDK why they didn't drop it , apparently not many guys asked to shoot it like I did.

Draw curve was just OK, IMO. Nothing special, but not bad, ( I would need to shoot a 30" LH model to pass judgement) bow looked VERY good , IMO..I actually was able to run the cams back and forth with a Allen wrench, this is going to be one of the easiest tuning bows out there..

Not too mention with a Tightspot quiver, this will be one of the slimmest profile rigs , totally set up.

I've had several Bowtechs, I like the tune-ability of the yokes on the ODB cams, but the wide axles and harness DO catch on brush, IME.. I can tell a noticeable difference in stalking with a ODB vs a 2-track system....pure treestand hunters in the mature hardwoods may not.

I'm guessing they will have this system on a shorter hunting bow next year. Hard to tell shooting from 1 yds into a trailer at the show, but it did seem to point very well.

One of the attractive aspects of this bow, is that a guy can set it up for light fast arrows, say for pronghorn hunting, and then change to heavier elk arrows without a press, take a portable paper tuner along and you can do it in camp. Very neat concept, IMO !

05-Mar-19
Nice quick little review. Thanks. I have not actually had the chance to shoot one yet but everything I'm hearing is positive. If they did a good job with the reliability this technology is the biggest game changer in archery in the last 10 years.

02-May-19
Tuned one yesterday and all I can say is WOW! These bows are amazing to set up and tune. Unbelievably straight forward, quick and easy. Smooth draw and holds like a rock. I see one coming home with me next year before 3D season starts. I'm amazed actually, didn't quite expect that. I will start a new thread with photos and full work/tune up and review when I get another one in for tuning.

02-May-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

02-May-19
4.5lbs is much to much for my liking especially for longer distances, even 40+ I feel there would be issues. Everything else looks solid though and no such thing as an ugly bow!!!!

02-May-19
Ugly but awesome, I find the yokes are the reason I have to change my strings they rub on my pack and get worn, now I can get a tunable bow without yokes, I was thinking I had bought my last bow with the realmX, guess not

02-May-19
They are actually quite pleasing to the eye in person. I actually really like the look after holding one. When I first saw the photos of the bow I was a little put off by it, but seeing it first hand it's actually a really cool looking bow. They did a really good job with the cut outs on the riser and the front and rear splits are very cool and functional for lateral stability. The bow actually feels lighter than 4.5 to me but I think that is because so much of the industry is now lying about their mass weights. And because it's a full 35" ATA bow it kind of spreads the weight out over a longer span so it doesn't feel so heavy all in one place? If you know what I mean? IDK. Very impressive bow. Literally tuned to perfection in minutes with no need for a press. Pretty amazing.

02-May-19
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Buy.

02-May-19
Hopefully this cam system will be available in more of their bows, Like a 33" ata 6"bh, this would replace my realmX, and a 32" ata with a 7" to replace my experience!

02-May-19
just got mine its a keeper

03-May-19
Carcus: It will be. They are bringing 2 new ones out next year.

07-May-19
Dave: How are you liking it?

07-May-19
The red one they had in Redding was damn nice to look at.

07-May-19
elkman I like it a lot,never thought I would get a bowtech now I have two a realm ss which was the first and now a reckoning. no tearing it apart to papertune like I did my Mathews or yoke tuning like the realm now its just a allen key. took me five minutes to tune the reckoning and that's because I never used this system before. its very quiet and no hand shock. its a keeper and I go thru bows like sh===t thru a goose

08-May-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Look at the new Gray color. That is one awesome looking bow!

08-May-19
Its growing on my, but its easy to see past the looks and see the best cam system ever used, cant wait for more models to come out with this cam

08-May-19
That would look cool with black limbs, too!

08-May-19
Dammit...Dammit...Dammit. As Carcus Said, "I was thinking I had bought my last bow". I have 4 Bowtechs with the twin yoke system. It they come out with a 32" ATA bow with this cam, I'm afraid I won't be able to resist.

08-May-19
Wonder when the first limb kaboom will happen?

08-May-19
Bowtech no longer outsources their limbs.

09-May-19
Won’t buy a 4.5 lb bow. They need to make a carbon version at 32 ATA and keep the 7 inch BH and I’d be a pig in poop.

09-May-19
Wonder when the first limb kaboom will happen?

09-May-19
Since the Realm series was introduced and Bowtech quit outsourcing their limb production I have not heard of any issues. I did see one splinter photo on another website, but it looked like the guy had dinged it on the corner/edge of the limb so that could happen to any bow. I know I will be having a Reckoning coming home with me next spring in that gray color. I will have to see how it sets up and balances with a quiver on and weight etc... before I decide whether or not it will be a tournament bow or there will be 2 of them and they will be my "everything" bows. I love the dimensions and the riser geometry on this bow and the limb angle is exactly what I have been wanting some companies to get back to for the ultimate in accuracy and forgiveness. But I still want to see how the new axle system functions under real world conditions for a year before I plunge. Setting up and playing with these bows so far I would say it looks like they did a good job executing this new technology, but only time will tell. For now I will say it is the simplest and most user friendly system I have ever seen, and pretty much eliminates the need for a press outside of string changes, and or initial set up/tweaking which should be done at the pro shop you purchase from anyway. Pretty cool stuff.

09-May-19
One thing to note also: The draw pegs you see in that photo are infinitely adjustable for a totally customizable draw length/valley/feel in the back end in micro increments. You can easily up your holding weight, or up your let off by simply moving a peg without effecting your poundage or your tune.

09-May-19
I’m with Ike on this one. Very intrigued what will “spin off” from this offering.

09-May-19
38" version first of next year.

10-May-19
And I've heard a 32" version as well as one other at next years ATA

10-May-19
This or a version of this could be in my future one day. Be nice not to have a press as I still don't have one.

13-May-19
Just set up another one thursday and same experience. Tuned in minutes, dead straight, dead level, and very little vibration, very dead in the hand. Draw length seems to be running pretty close to dead on. Have not done much with speed testing, but I will in the next week or two. This one was a black 70#

13-May-19

ELKMAN's Link
This guy did a great video explaining the tech in this bow.

28-Jul-19
This bow technology is turning out to be everything we thought and more. They will be releasing several different models this coming year.

28-Jul-19
Probably the best shooting/grouping bow I've ever had. They're just not selling to the hunting guys around here. They shoot Bowtech, just not this one. The target guys are picking them up though.

28-Jul-19
I can feel my wallet getting lighter already.

28-Jul-19
Bob....Casey !!! You guys just cost me a lot of money !!!!

29-Jul-19
Yeah but it will be money your glad you spent...

• Sitka Gear