4point97 17-Jan-19
EmbryOklahoma 17-Jan-19
Ron Niziolek 17-Jan-19
Kurt 17-Jan-19
EmbryOklahoma 17-Jan-19
11-Jan-19
awesome Scoot!

11-Jan-19
Awesome so far! Keep it coming...what a year.

11-Jan-19
Very nice Scoot, thank you for sharing.

11-Jan-19
Very awesome memories you are making with your family! The world needs more families like the Engel's! Good job Ryan and Morgan!

11-Jan-19
Good looking family your a good Dad spending time with them. Congrats on all the critters

11-Jan-19
Just being funny here but this felt like one of those letters I get at Christmas time from my sister-in-law that tells everyone about the great year she and her ids had.

11-Jan-19
Great looking crew . Looking forward to the rest!! Hunt

11-Jan-19
Great year Scoot!

11-Jan-19
Awesome year Scoot! Looking forward to seeing what 2019 has in store for the Engel's. Enjoy your time in the gym's brother, won't be long until turkey time!

11-Jan-19
Epic year for you and your crew Scoot!!!!

Congrats!!!

Keep up the fantastic parenting you and your wife are doing for your kids (and others)!

Looking forward to your year in 2019!!!

Mark

11-Jan-19
Looks like a great year in the outdoors! Congrats to you and your family!

11-Jan-19
That was awesome. Hope we can change Ryan’s bear luck this spring. Thanks for posting. Hunt

11-Jan-19
Cool as heck!

11-Jan-19
Great post!! Congrats on the success and the memories made. You are correct on hunting with an 11 year old is serious stuff. I have a entire album of pics on my phone with the funny faces from hunting with my daughter.

11-Jan-19
Great thread, scoot! Making lifelong memories for sure!

Ol Grinner is turning into a stone cold killin machine!

Tell Morgan to turn her cards around the other way. She will win a few more hands that way ;-)

11-Jan-19
Outstanding year -- Those yung-uns sure know how to smile.

Thanks for the post - very nice.

11-Jan-19
Awesome memories for sure!!

11-Jan-19
Good stuff Scoot!

12-Jan-19
Great year for you and your family! Congrats on all the success! Thanks for sharing

12-Jan-19
You have such a wonderful fam~~fam Scott---------->

Great thread man

Good luck, Robb

12-Jan-19
I always enjoy your threads Scoot. You are racking up a lot of “Dad points” with your kids that will pay off with lifetime memories. Kudos brother.

12-Jan-19
Good stuff Scoot. Glad to see you getting the kids involved. Thanks for taking the time to post.

12-Jan-19
Well done Scoot and crew! I love the pics of your kids enjoying the outdoors!!! Pete

12-Jan-19
Awesome Scott!

12-Jan-19
Good stuff, Scott....great family fun in the outdoors! Thanks for sharing.

12-Jan-19
Congrats on a good year.

12-Jan-19
Really great, Scoot! Your family is lucky and you are blessed.

12-Jan-19
Love it Scoot!!

13-Jan-19
Great update!!

13-Jan-19
Fantastic year. Thanks for sharing!

14-Jan-19
Outstanding year with tons of great memories. Great job!!

14-Jan-19
Awesome years scoot! Living right!

15-Jan-19
Too cool with the kids, awesome job dad and kids!

15-Jan-19
Congratulations to the whole family. Looking forward to see what next year brings!

15-Jan-19
AWESOME Scott!!! CONGRATS to all of you on a great year! Thank you for sharing!!!

15-Jan-19
Nice! Enjoyed your recap!

15-Jan-19
Way to go Scott! Love seeing those kids out there, you guys did well. 2019 will be even better! Thanks for sharing.

16-Jan-19
Great year! Many more memories!

16-Jan-19
Heck yeah! I always enjoy your threads Scott. Thanks for posting!

16-Jan-19
Great recap and a lot of fun seeing the kids involved.

16-Jan-19
Good stuff Scoot. Thanks for posting.

17-Jan-19
Great stuff Scott!!! Congrats to both you and your kids on a great season!! I'm really really glad you shot that buck when you had the chance. I may be in the minority here, but I'm a firm believer that too many kids are being "set up" too much to the point of the parent sacrificing too much to get their kids success. It's important for your kids to see you have success too. Don't forget that they love you just as much as you love them and you are most likely still their hero. Watching you have success is really fun for them as well. I remember being about 15 and my dad and I kind of started bowhunting together. When I saw him shoot a doe opening day after both of us failing all the previous year my heart nearly jumped out of my throat!! I was so excited!!! Only reason for me to write this on your thread is so that you shouldn't feel one iota of guilt about shooting that buck. I understand that you had that feeling but don't be second guessing yourself. It's important that your boy doesn't see you pander to his every whim. All his successes are so much sweeter because of it. He certainly earns his success as a young man and he will feel that way because of it. Great job on the hunts and the parenting!!!

17-Jan-19

4point97's embedded Photo
4point97's embedded Photo
Thanks for posting! Reading your year in review brought back memories of growing and bow hunting with my father. Some of my favorite hunts, were when I’d get to watch him from my stand shoot a deer. Here’s one from when I was about 16 years old, taken on Thanksgiving morning. Bone chilling cold out, I could see my dad standing for almost 30 minutes watching this buck run off other smaller bucks, until he finally presented a shot. I get goose bumps thinking about that morning. Thanks again for the read!

17-Jan-19
Looks like a great year with family and friends!

17-Jan-19
Great post ... thanks

17-Jan-19
18 years later, we are still making memories in the woods together. Except it’s usually me hanging the stands now, and him delegating from the ground haha! Enjoy the years to come! My son is 20 months old, and is always saying buck buck and goes to my back hunting room and wants to see the deer, and my daughter who is 4 asked yesterday, when she is allowed to go hunting can she feed the deer apples as they come in lol.. I look forward to being able to share the memories, as you have.

17-Jan-19
Good stuff, Scott! Enjoyed the photos. You going to Omaha by chance?

17-Jan-19
Great stuff Scoot. So many family memories there.

17-Jan-19
Excellent thread. Great memories and meat made!

17-Jan-19
Enjoy your time with your buds and take plenty of photos. Us bowsite boys will keep the alcohol safe in Omaha.

• Sitka Gear