APauls 26-Jun-19
RK 26-Jun-19
RK 26-Jun-19
11-Jan-19

Scrappy's Link
New hang and hunt system from lonewolf.

11-Jan-19
Not from lone wolf treestands.

From lone wolf customs...totally different company at this point.

I havent seen if lone wolf tree stands put out anything new. They have some models on there website that the claim arent going to be in stock for 2019...either they have new products coming out or they are going under.

11-Jan-19
The stands and sticks look super btw, looking at about a grand for the stand and set of sticks though

11-Jan-19
Very nice..........like how it incorporates small packs and sticks. I still have lighter stands like my old LocOn windwalker. He says it weighs 7 pounds which it looks lighter than that?

11-Jan-19
I have a Millenium M7, that is 7lbs..... the only thing I do not like about it, is the hanging system, but I like the weight. I use that presently with xop sticks,,,,, I also like the xop vanish.............

However, this is a lot of innovation, and looks pretty cool

11-Jan-19
New gear rarely intrigues me these days. Nothing earth shattering here but I am definitely interested in some of these tweaks over my current lone wolf system. I will be waiting to hear about the rope system as well as I’d like to see it set up with the longer sticks. I’m not sure if it was strategic that he never showed that, as I’m assuming it doesn’t look nearly as slick. Is there no seat cushion? I also understand the the seat can carry a small pack, but the logic seams a little reverse, I’d like my pack carrying my stand! Pending on some of these little details I would consider sellong two current lone wolf setups to pay for one of these if I’m just off and these things were thought of

11-Jan-19
The cost is kind of crazy. 4 short sticks with tax will be a grand. I can use my original LW sticks or the Gorilla sticks and my Chippewa Wedge Loc Stands and carry only about a pound more and do it for under 5 bucks. I will admit if all you are gonna do is hang and hunts than it would be the cats ass! Shawn

11-Jan-19
There also all made in MI, USA and the guys doing the work, are not working for 10.00 an hour

12-Jan-19
Well I think we have been so accustomed to so much made in China etc, that we fail to understand, the expense of items made here in the USA,,, plus the innovations of the design, the engineering and thought process, gets the price up there that is for sure....

If I was 35 and not 70, I would be all over it,,,,, depends on your priority etc,,,,, great design in my opinion, and for a serious mobile hunter I could easily justify the cost,,,,,

Just look at what some guys spend on clothing, and hunts alone,,,,,, I wish Andre well..... I really like Cody and am an xop fan

12-Jan-19
Would love to have the cash, but I'm going to go with the XOP I think

12-Jan-19
How could you possibly have a patent on a common manufacturing process?

12-Jan-19
Midwest you beat me to it. Hahaha...

12-Jan-19
Like anything else light weight is supper expensive. It would be nice to see the real weights with straps included as they are negating that part.

I can see a stand and step set up from LWC in my future.

12-Jan-19
The price is to rich for me, I learned this year a good pack frame eliminates the need for me to find a lighter sticks and stand.

Let's look at the whole picture here for a minute. The guy that originally invented lonewolf stand created a great company and then sales for a great profit I assume. Then turns around and helps his son build a company selling basically cheap foreign made knockoffs.

Now he creates yet another company even using lonewolf name.

Got to really suck for the guys that bought the original lonewolf company from him. Bet they wish they would of had a better contract that would of kept him from ever going back in business.

12-Jan-19
For real, Scrappy. You’d think a non-compete clause would’ve been implemented in the buyout.

Looks like a cool set. I’d rather spend that money on a hunting trip, at this stage in the game for me, though.

12-Jan-19
Hold on.

1. The guys that bought Lone Wolf are a group of lawyers, no? Good luck suing a group of lawyers for infringing on a patent for a common everyday manufacturing process.

2. It looked to me that the “new” Lone Wolf did not have much innovation without the original inventor at the helm. I took the Andre “custom” collection was LW hiring him back basically as a technical consultant. The stand and sticks look worth the money from here. Love my Lone Wolves and am glad they have something new and innovative to offer.

13-Jan-19
Heard him mention water-jet cutting for the stand base. Certainly provides a cool look (think back to American Chopper) and is strong but that is an expensive process.

13-Jan-19
Looks really nice! I want one!! I may not be able to afford it but I still want it :)

One thing is for certain that Andre D’Aquisto has a thing for starting tree stand companies

14-Jan-19
Brilliant. You get what you pay for. After buying and hating a tree saddle (that I bought for back country Coues hunting), this seems perfect for a back country mobile system. I'm on a Coues hunt right now and I'm not hunting the back country because it's just too much work to get camp and a stand/blind 3-5 miles from the road for a deer hunt in the middle of the winter.

14-Jan-19
Thats a sweet looking setup! Im a firm believer in have a quiet light portable setup has helped me take some of my best animals!

14-Jan-19
Cool set up with a price thats hilarious....but you know the saying, there’s a hunter born every day

14-Jan-19
I see they brought back a new version of the Assassin due to the exploding popularity of saddle hunting.

14-Jan-19
Nice setup, ridiculous price.

14-Jan-19
Something to keep in mind. The weights listed are without straps and and seat cushions. When you figure them in and the fact that the stand is slightly heavier then stated it brings it way closer to the lone wolf assult weight.

I also just bought a Lone wolf climber that had stated weight of 17 pounds and took it out of the box and weighted it. 19.5 pounds.

Seems like telling the truth is a problem with the old and new lone wolf companies

21-Jan-19
Trial153 if you assume that then you have to assume it for every brand out there so the stated weight savings should be accurate with that thought, I to have a line wolf stand and sticks and don’t really care for the seat so I purchased a millenium m100u and after the ratchet reciever weight I was at 15.6 lbs on the stand alone so the lone wolf didn’t seem to bad to me plus after all said and done my entire lone wolf set up stand and 4 sticks only exceeded advertised weight by about a pound and a half.

20-Jun-19
My "renegade" set up is the 6 lb Wind Walker....if I was looking right now I would go with the WedgeLok Ghost at 7 lbs and the 25" seat. That stand is $200 and change.

21-Jun-19
LOL, I'd have a tough time buying from a company with that statement. So basically: "If you come to us for knowledge - we may lie to you." You've been warned.

21-Jun-19
Wow, that disclaimer pretty much brings my confidence level to zero! It's basically saying: lonewolf can post false info on their website and it's the cusromers fault for not knowing its false?!

If the manufacturer cant be responsible for their website info then they will not be responsible for their product.

21-Jun-19
Where'd the statement go? I read it this morning while in the reading room, so I know it was here. Why can't I find it on the Lone Wolf website? I'm not saying it's not there, just that I can't find it.

21-Jun-19
Buzz,

It’s under the terms/conditions page at LWCG.

21-Jun-19
Someone mentioned earlier on another thread that he was making his own WedgeLoc strap/chain system out of cable and hockey pucks. The cost was so small you could afford to leave them up in your trees for return trips.

Some of these hunting suppliers are testing the waters of just how far they can take the pricing of their products. $150 for a quiver....$80 for a stabilizer....$400 for a sight...$900 for a set of camo, it`s getting ridiculous.

21-Jun-19
Caveat Emptor with lonewolf customs this guy is turning out to be as shady he was reputed to be. The whole thing stinks

21-Jun-19
Franklin, that was me. 5/16th coated cable, two cable clamps and 2 hockey pucks and a ratchet strap. When you make them in quantity they can me made for around 10-12 bucks. I also made some out of cable and chain but the cost was a bit more and my first ones made worked so well I just went with the first way. Shawn

26-Jun-19
JTV your not getting it. Your paying all that money for false advertising so you can be in the cool look at me crowd.

26-Jun-19
JTV,

Where are you getting your weights/information? I was going to buy the stand, maybe.

I talked to Andre today. He said the stand came out 5oz heavier than they anticipated and the sticks were 3oz heavier.

Just curious.

Thanks

26-Jun-19
Based off what Andre told me today on the phone, and comparing with the specs on Lone Wolf website for the Assault, I should be 4lbs lighter with the Custom Gear setup.

I don’t know Andre and I’ve owned one Lone Wolf sit-n-climb. I’ve got no reason to try and start a pissing match. I’m just trying to actually figure out the facts.

It wouldn’t make sense to market a product and then once it goes into the consumers’ hands, all they do is weigh it, and you’re screwed. Nowadays, guys are weighing their gear like crazy.

I wonder if anybody here has ever weighed a Lone Wolf Assault, etc.

26-Jun-19
8 oz difference? That is equivalent to a double 1/4 pounder in the old bread box. I don't think that is going to limit most hunters, and truthfully most of us would be more effective trimming weight off our systems if we turned our attention to the region between the chest and waist :)

26-Jun-19

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Here is a pic. Just add ratchet straps. Like I said when bought in quantity they are cheap to make. Shawn

26-Jun-19

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Here is a pic. Just add ratchet straps. Like I said when bought in quantity they are cheap to make. Shawn

26-Jun-19
I just weighed my hang and hunt set up. Everything including pack, 4 LW sticks, stand,. pull up rope, safety harness, couple screw in steps, bowholder, absolutely everything weighs 24 pounds. I could lose a few things and get it to 22. Shawn

26-Jun-19
If I include my clothes and Danny pack which I do carry in I am right around 36#s. Shawn

26-Jun-19
Thanks for the pm, JTV. Thanks for the pics and info, Shawn.

Peace

26-Jun-19
It's pretty easy to make a hang on system for any stand. As long as you can get a loop of strong paracord or amsteel or something onto the top of your stand just under your seat all you need to do is put a cambuckle strap around the tree with a hook hanging off. Then hang the loop from the stand on the hook and you're done. Pretty simple, and all in for about $4/unit.

26-Jun-19
I thought Andre sold lone wolf decades ago?

26-Jun-19
That sounds like Andre. Thanks JTV

• Sitka Gear