BullBuster 11-Jan-19
Belchertown Bowman 16-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 16-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 16-Jan-19
BullBuster 16-Jan-19
BullBuster 16-Jan-19
Deerplotter 16-Jan-19
11-Jan-19
In Idaho. two of my fields are full of moss. I know low pH makes them predisposed. The pH was 5.6 when i planted. I have subsequently put out a ton lime per acre plus liquid CaCl during spring and summer. The moss is still there. What can i do, or will it go away on its own? thanks

16-Jan-19
What sort of lime did you use? Some kinds will leach right out of the soil by next year,..

Use the powder dolomitic,.. hydrated is good for one year.

Liquid sounds like that will leach out also,..

16-Jan-19
The first question is, how much sunlight are the fields getting and is it a soil that drains well?

16-Jan-19
Let me do a better job. When I asked about sunlight amounts, are there trees shading the fields from direct sunlight. And, how deep is the pan bed below the field surface.

16-Jan-19
I used both dolomite lime in bags and bulk lime from a producer that says its "excellent". The field has quite a bit of shade during mid to late fall, but otherwise gets a ton of direct sunlight. 18 hours of dry heat during summer. pan bed not real deep before it hits clay. 12-18" or so. Fields on a slope, so drain well.

16-Jan-19
and my pH probe did say that it went up to 6.7.

16-Jan-19
If your PH levels are decent and you say adequate sunlight I may lean toward compaction as an issue. Are you tilling or discing? I think I would work that lime in the soil and aerate it with increased tillage and see if it improves.

• Sitka Gear