smarba 13-Jan-19
32Timbers 13-Jan-19
Ermine 15-Jan-19
ELKMAN 15-Jan-19
kota-man 15-Jan-19
smarba 15-Jan-19
md5252 16-Jan-19
13-Jan-19
Is there a difference between the older versions of the ascent pants and the new ones. I tried on a pair of new ones and they seemed too "skinny jean" for my liking. Reminded me of zuba pants from back in the day. If the old ones are more straight leg, is there a way to tell the difference between the two if I order online. Thanks.

13-Jan-19
Yes, completely different pants. The old ones are more straight legged and made from heavier material. There won’t be many old ones left on-line. eBay may be your best bet, but identifying them by a picture will be difficult.

13-Jan-19

13-Jan-19
They are totally different. Like you said the new version is way more streamline, tapered legs and also a different lighter matterial. The older version are basically the same cut as the mountain pants with lighter material and different leg pockets. Side by side the old and new are easy to tell apart. Online a sure fire way would be the diffences in the tags and leg pockets/ shape if someone could take a picture for you. I have two older pairs of Ascents, one I used quite a bit and the other is new with tags waiting ...I had a third pair nwts that I just sold. As honestly I can’t kill the ones I have now. The version are my favorite warm weather pants by far. The newest version I could not make work for, I literally bought two different sizes waist and lengths ...3 pairs total and I could not get any to fit in all respects. I sold or returned them all. Another good lighter weight pant from Sitka is the apex, not quite as skinny as the newer Ascents. That’s a pant that will take you from aug to late sept early oct. If your not hunting August, and just need a sept and oct pant....the grinders are the cats ass. Best pants Sitka makes by far.

13-Jan-19
Different strokes for different folks. I LOVE the new Ascent. Fits me perfectly and they are so light and airy nothing could keep you cooler in hot weather hunting.

Don't get me wrong the old Ascent was the bomb at the time. If you're looking for something like the old Ascent, try the Apex. But the Apex calves and ankles are tapered more than the Ascent and a lot more than the old Ascent...which I personally really, really like, but if you're complaining about yoga pants, the Apex may not work for you.

13-Jan-19
How are the kuiu tiburon pants?

15-Jan-19
I like the new ascents. Really light pants. I like the tighter fit of them too. I have both and the old ones are thicker material more strait legged thou

15-Jan-19
The old Ascent line is FAAAR better IMHO. I have both

15-Jan-19
I don't know that the old Ascents are FAAAR better, the new one's are just different. If it is REALLY hot, I prefer the new ones. For travel and casual wear, I prefer the new ones. For early season mountain hunting, I prefer the old ones. I have two pair of the old and three pair of the new and wear the heck out of all of them.

15-Jan-19
Agree Kota. They are simply "different" and as such are better for different applications. I hunt NM and hunt conditions are often HOT. I love the new Ascent for hot conditions (and wear solid color for work) if it's cooler I'll put a light base layer underneath. The older version started to shine when it's a little cooler, but I just use the Apex in those conditions now.

16-Jan-19
I have the old Ascent pants in Forest pattern. Hard to believe they could be improved upon. Outstanding pants

• Sitka Gear