1boonr 15-Jan-19
Ambush 15-Jan-19
BuzAL 15-Jan-19
BuzAL 15-Jan-19
13-Jan-19

Bowboy's Link
This is a great video.

13-Jan-19
No doubt about it, Tim is the real deal. One of the best in the bush with a video camera.

13-Jan-19
That's very cool.

13-Jan-19
Yup he is deadly for sure. If you haven’t seen his blow gun hunts check them out. Perfect heart shot on a black bear with one.

13-Jan-19
That was pretty dang cool.

13-Jan-19
Also a video on YouTube where he shoots his Oneida at 100 yards instinctive and gets like a 6” group. Man has a talent for shooting.

13-Jan-19
I gotta say, I couldn’t stand him for the longest time but I’ve warmed up now. He’s not very bright, but he’s talented as heck.

13-Jan-19
Tim is great! I'm glad he keeps getting recognized for the great work he's doing. I thought it really sucked the hard time he got and his sponsors cutting and running. Great hunter and great show!

13-Jan-19
Tim's not for everyone, but might be brighter than you think.

13-Jan-19
Cath8er - curious what happened to him?

13-Jan-19
Pat, I think he lives in IL.

13-Jan-19
Lee I read that Mathews said stop spear hunting or else and he said screw you. He is now sponsored by Oneida which I think is a better fit for him with his style of shooting. I can see Mathews point as they pay him to use their bows and not spears and blowguns.

14-Jan-19
He may be a good shot but I would guess he makes a lot of bad hits and that is not acceptable. I don’t want this clown within 100 miles of my property

14-Jan-19
"I would guess he makes a lot of bad hits"

That statement makes as much sense as me saying "since 1 boonr only has killed one Booner, I bet he's wounded many more Booners by taking hail mary shots. Stay out of MY neighborhood"

Assumptive judgement sucks.....didn't your mamma tell you that?

14-Jan-19
From: 1boonr 14-Jan- He may be a good shot but I would guess he makes a lot of bad hits and that is not acceptable. I don’t want this clown within 100 miles of my property

*** If this is the guy that shot the grizzly in the head at distance with his bow in a promo I happened to catch I agree with you 100%. If it is, I'd bet he does a lot of that crap and a lot of editing to make a show---JMHO!

14-Jan-19
"Pat, I think he lives in IL."

Yeah, sure, because we don't have enough to be embarrassed about here. :)

14-Jan-19
You got that right pat...not NY or CT.

14-Jan-19
I’d put my money on him making a good shot no sights on a deer at 60 yards with less fail then an average hunter making shots at 20-30. The guy is a natural with a bow, blowgun, spear, whatever he puts in his hands.

14-Jan-19

spike78's Link
Watch this video, 100 yards no sights with a crosswind.

14-Jan-19
He has always impressed me. Hell of a hunter. Man hunts with a spear. To me he is a predator like no other. Let the haters hate!! Hunt

14-Jan-19
Yeah... the hate on here is ridiculous. He lives a life many of us would love. He lives on a hunting paradise in Illinois and travels all over. Ever watch his duck and dove archery hunts? It be great if Pat did an interview with him.

14-Jan-19
X2 Huntman. I suppose that the haters never miss...rite.

14-Jan-19
HuntMan X 3. He's a killer. I have always admired his ability to hunt and get it done. I sense his humor is thick with self ridicule and, he spares no one from a good ribbing when the opportunity is appropriate. My kind of guy.

I think its pretty much a given that if he wasn't so good at hunting and shooting, he wouldn't be on the list of people to ridicule for some of his fellow hunters. I swear, some of you men seem so sensitive that you can't take being around anyone but your momma.

14-Jan-19

WV Mountaineer's Link
Yeah, he's totally opposite the image we bowhunter's need.

What an amazing shot

14-Jan-19
I live in central Illinois the same as Tim. I have seen and talked with Tim a few times at several outdoor shows in the past. Besides being a helluva bowshot and hunter, he is quite an author as well, penning 2 books Relentless Pursuit and A Demon in the Dark, the second a fiction about a character using primitive weapons to stop poaching in Africa . While I have given up watching almost all hunting shows I enjoy his self deprecating humor. I don't think Tim is a phoney, what you see is what you get.

14-Jan-19
I don’t really know anything about him because I don’t follow that whole scene, but is it just me, or were there about five bucks in that video that all appeared to have large ones high on their side? A couple of them seemed to have been made with three-blade expandable heads....

14-Jan-19
GF he shoots Grim Reaper expandables. He also sells his own blow gun among other things. People can call him stupid but I’m guessing he’s a smarter businessman then we may think.

14-Jan-19
I enjoy the video,,,, its not how you hunt, but where you hunt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I got to meet him one day, a very nice fellow hunter

14-Jan-19
WOW...a lot of uneducated hating by some of you! Very embarrassing to call you a part of the bowhunting community.

14-Jan-19
"I don’t really know anything about him because I don’t follow that whole scene, but is it just me, or were there about five bucks in that video that all appeared to have large ones high on their side? A couple of them seemed to have been made with three-blade expandable heads...."

Yes, it's just you. smh...

14-Jan-19
Hunt and WV X100. Love the guy. Love his unapologetic way about things. He just plain kills and enjoys himself and puts it all on film. Not sure how he’d do on a 3D course, but in a hunting situation, boy I’m not sure anyone could compete. Guy hits flying stuff like nobody’s business. I enjoy his sense of humour.

14-Jan-19
Never understood the concept of knocking people who are successful, more importantly, knocking people who are successful in more ways than one.

Everyone is capable...

The guy has his act together, and can shoot the crap out if everything.

14-Jan-19
I LOVED that video - could not get off it until it was done. Excellent. Totally embodied why I bowhunt whitetail deer, and let bucks go year after year and hope to get them when they prime. (Easier said than done - especially in NJ). Miss his shows, used to watch him all the time I guess my DirectTv package changed or something but last I saw any of his shows was at least 5 years ago and he was spear-chuckin' at the time. Just a great well done video - thanks for sharing.

14-Jan-19
I don't consider myself a hater, but I'll tell you right now that after I watched a couple minutes of this guy run up to a full grown grizzly bear and shoot it between the eyes at whatever distance it was with a friggin bow and no backup I'll say he's friggin nuts and will get no respect from me. So all you lovers keep right on lovin him and I'll watch Fresh Tracks and a couple other good shows like that!

14-Jan-19
Two things... first regarding the grizzly statement above. In the video they eluded that he shot it in the eye intentionally. I don’t believe that for a moment. Secondly..Pats question about where he hunts. I have heard from a few people at different times that some of the whitetail deer hunts take place on his fathers high fence operation/ farm. Not sure how true it is and I almost hesitated to post it.

15-Jan-19
Bowhunters that are great shots wound deer at twenty yards. You would have to be in complete denial to believe this clown doesn’t make a higher percentage of bad shots than the average hunter. If you had this guy hunting next to you and he was always needing permission to trail another wounded animal you might think a little differently about how “great “ a shot he is. My handle is a goal and has nothing to do with the amount of booners I have shot or shot at.

15-Jan-19
You speak as if you know the guy. Calling him a clown. What a classless act. I bet you wouldn’t say what you just said to his face. But, the internet allows such things. Ain’t it grand.

Put up some videos of you shouting a couple hundred doves and such out of the air and I’ll call you a great shot too.

15-Jan-19
Or, grab a blow gun and go 'attempt' to shoot a bear.

I bet your 'onions' aint that big

15-Jan-19
I like Tim Wells,,, have his videos etc,,, Lethal Flight was great.... however with any of the hunters who film, when I see that many bucks, of that size, all walking around during shooting hours like that,,,,,, well I guess I never see that in my world,,, just saying

its not how you hunt, with most of the TV guys, but where you hunt,,,,

15-Jan-19
Very good story and video. I've won't argue Tim Wells has talent, but I DO NOT agree with a lot of his shots or ethics throughout the years.

15-Jan-19
Great show! I see a lot of jealousy here! If u dont like him, turn the channel!!

15-Jan-19
ground hunter, no doubt Tim is hunting deer on private ground. Nothing wrong with that. But it’s not his whitetail hunting that is incredible. It’s his shooting skills on other game and how he tells the story.

15-Jan-19
The only clowns I see are people that will insult another person or attempt to bring them down based PURELY on conjecture of what they perceive through jealous notions may be happening. Give me a break.

Exactly how much practice and skill would it take to hit even a single dove out of the air? Can you naysayers do that? How about a few in a day? How much practice would that take? So now take all that practice and skill and take all the other "normal" shots. I'd be willing to bet money he makes LESS bad shots than the guys calling him out on here. I'd bet $. Guys prob uses a speer cause a bow is too boring and easy for him.

I'm no fanboy of anything really, but I can call a spade a spade. Guy has talent and a sense of humor and has found his market so he uses it. All the best to him. And yes, he's a flat out killer. A lot of bowhunters are not killers and don't understand it.

15-Jan-19
I like Tim. Completely unapologetic about the fact that he hunts to kill. And any hunter that says they don't is not really hunting then, you're just out on a nature walk. Of course killing isn't everything, but it is the very essence of why we are out there! If there is no intention to kill there is no hunt. Period!

And you can be guaranteed that he does not give a bow-shot rat's azz what some of the "holy hunters" think about him. He's found his niche and his audience and he stays true to himself and them. One of the most honestly portrayed hunters in the spotlight. Just Relentless!!

One of his lines on a show was."... if you are anti hunting and you eat meat, you are an idiot 'cause somebody killed that meat."

15-Jan-19
Guy made one of the most entertaining hunting videos I've ever seen...... shooting squirrels. Awesome. He's a pure hunter, a killer..... not a pompous moralizing hall monitor. He can kill stuff with nearly anything he can hold in his hands.

Said it many times...... a good many folks justify going to great lengths to avoid having to deal with dead animals.......

15-Jan-19
Wv- so you wouldn’t care how many animals this guy had to trail onto your property while you were trying to hunt, because he is a great shot and can shoot doves out of the sky. The internet is grand because it allows people to communicate and express their opinions. If you hunted next to this clown you would not give a crap how good he could shoot.

15-Jan-19
1booner, can you please give the link to the Wells' wounding stats that you are asserting?

Is it more than the surveyed averages? Is it more than your's?

15-Jan-19
I'm of the opinion that this guy is largely responsible for my state suddenly outlawing spearhunting for deer.

15-Jan-19
That, and Moultrie not selling spears.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear