nvgoat 16-Jan-19
nvgoat 16-Jan-19
patience2spare 16-Jan-19
Jaquomo 16-Jan-19
kota-man 16-Jan-19
Kurt 16-Jan-19
Scrappy 16-Jan-19
15-Jan-19
I have had good results with resoles on boots using Dave Page, cobbler in Seattle.

16-Jan-19
I've worn out a pair of Meindl Perfekt Lite boots made by Cabela's. I sent them back and got new ones. This was about a year ago. Worked well for me. I didn't think the breakin was too bad, so I was happy.

Your boots look older than the Cabela's version. I bet they became a lot softer than when they were new. By softer I mean the stiffness of the sole. As I've gotten older my feet have needed a stiffer sole for protection.

16-Jan-19
Several years ago I had a pair of boots resoled, they were REALLY stiff. If you have it done, I would ask them if they have different stiffness of soles and what you would like them to put on.

16-Jan-19
Why not just wear those slippers:)

16-Jan-19
I've hadn't any luck with the bonded sole replacement lasting. And even with the sewn on soles my shoes have down sized some when new soles are attached. Sometimes the stitching needs moved inward for good leather during the resole job. And the last ones I had done was over $60. Also consider the insole padding and lining is worn out also.

16-Jan-19
Id apply a liberal amount of GOOP in the crevasse and let dry. I have used that stuff with great results.

16-Jan-19
I say we start a “Gofundme” page for Scoot and get him a brand spankin new pair of boots. Who’s in? ;)

16-Jan-19
"Shoe Goo"

16-Jan-19
Any shoe repair shop should be able to tell you if they can help.

I hear you on getting attached to a good pair of boots.

16-Jan-19
I think we could raise enough to have a custom pair built for those awkward feet of yours...Curious Scoot...Have you tried Crispi Nevadas?

16-Jan-19
IMO it's beyond time for new boots. Shoo Goo/Household Goop does do amazing things and would likely extend the life of those zombies. I would think the cost of a cobbler would be better put toward a replacement pair of boots.

Seems like you could just replace with the same model unless they are no longer made?

16-Jan-19
Call Dave Page in Seattle. Tell him about your boots and maybe send a picture. He will be able to tell you if he can fix them.

I have had two pairs of boots resoled by him. He does a great job and they last. I am in Nevada and hunt our rugged mountains after various big game as well as chukar. I still use my older boots and am saving the newer ones. I am surprised how well they have held up. No signs of sole separation.

16-Jan-19
Scoot. PM sent

16-Jan-19
Scoot, REI has Asolo Thyrus GV hikers on sale. I have had extremely good luck with Asolo's. They're a great boot at a lower price point (when on sale) than the Meindl's. If you wanted to try a gortex version instead of leather, I have the Asolo Fugitive GTX boots and really like them. Pete

16-Jan-19
I had a pair of very similar Meindls (Cabelas) resoled by a local Mom and Pop shop and it worked great. Like you, I have a narrow heel and "normal" foot, so fit is important and not easy to find.

My current all around favorites these days are Salomon GTX. They are very waterproof, wear well, and feel like slippers on my feet.

16-Jan-19
The Nevada's aren't real stiff. Not like a Lowa Tibet, more like Meindl Denali. Probably just a bit stiffer than your wore out Meindls. I've grown very fond of Crispis for my foot shape and the Nevada's are my favorites. For my narrow heel and wider forefoot, the Nevada's work awesome.

16-Jan-19
I just bought a new pair of Meindl Perfekt Hikers at Cabelas in Reno last week. Rumor was Cabelas wasn’t going to stock them anymore. The shoe guy in Reno has not heard that and had them and the Hunter’s and one other heavier model Meindl on the shelf.

I hear you on the narrow bony heel and wider forefoot. Those Meindl Perfekt Hiker and Hunter boots fit my similar foot great and I am stocked up for quite a while. Doubt that I’d match Kota’s “closet” but am not worried about boots any time soon.

16-Jan-19
I got the crispi Nevada's last year after trying out several boots that just wouldn't work. I needed something to hold my heel while giving my toes plenty of room. The Nevada's do just that.

• Sitka Gear