smarba 17-Jan-19
Z Barebow 17-Jan-19
PECO 17-Jan-19
Bou'bound 26-Jan-19
Trial153 26-Jan-19
Franklin 27-Jan-19
16-Jan-19

ELKMAN's Link
New taper design allows you to essentially cut to what ever spine you want depending on where you cut from. Also the smaller diameter at the rear for less drag, both in the wind and in penetration. All using normal hardware/inserts up front. This could be a real game changer.

16-Jan-19
OK except drag is better at the back of the arrow rather than at the front. That is one reason the fletching is at the back vs the front of the arrow. It is the drag on the vanes/feathers that steer and stabilize the arrow in flight. What am I missing?

16-Jan-19
i'd go broke. i shoot alot of arrows. and usually about 12 animals a year with a bow. no way i could afford to shoot these...

16-Jan-19
I broke three or four FMJ's this week shooting them into deer. That would be some super expensive meat for sure.

16-Jan-19
Yawn

16-Jan-19
Nothing I can’t do with wood.

I also have some ArrowDynamics tapered carbons that are just amazingly tough - as long as you use a glued-in nock adapter. But it never would have occurred to me to cut them down at the rear. Internal diameter seems like it’d be variable, so you cut off the wrong amount and you’re hosed.

So whaddyaknow? All that’s old is new again... Again.

16-Jan-19
Basically the same as Grizzly Stiks but less durable in my opinion. I’ve bent/broke several FMJ’s pretty easily.

16-Jan-19
Glad you like them. I bought many dozen Beeman Nightfall shafts about four years ago. Paid well under $100 per dozen, cut with inserts installed. They were being discontinued They have killed a boatload of animals from brown bear to turkeys. I’ll be passing on $300 per dozen arrows.

16-Jan-19
Agree with Scoot on the negligible/insignificant benefits, but definitely believe a whole bunch of guys will buy into the latest and greatest!

16-Jan-19
I don’t know which comment is sillier - “negligible benefits” or “latest & greatest”!

Tapered shafts are a proven concept that go back to the dawn of Archery. Literally the very first arrows, which were tapered..... because that’s how shoots and river cane GROW.

And the benefits to flight are well documented. JMO, they likely penetrate better as well.

But for $325, I could be into a HUNDRED spined & tapered woodies...

16-Jan-19
Spendy for sure, but could come down if more competitors follow.

16-Jan-19
I hunt with Carbon Tech Panthers, which are the same thing without the aluminum sleeve.

They do tune very easy.

16-Jan-19
This shit is just too funny.

16-Jan-19
Listen closer men, $299 for 6 not a dozen!

16-Jan-19
I guess all you complaining about price missed the other thread on the Bishop Archery FAD arrows, at $499 for 1shaft! Or the handcrafted DG CRYO FOC King that you have to shoot at 35” length for $799 for ONE shaft! (Discounted at $1,899.99 for 3 shafts)

These new FMJ are cheap compared to those!

17-Jan-19
Old Easton aluminum looking better and better...Lol

17-Jan-19
Yeah the price is insane.

17-Jan-19
At what range do these "advantage" features begin to be realized where penetration, arrow flight, and accuracy are significantly better than my Neanderthal XT Hunters and Beman ICS Hunters?

17-Jan-19
"Game Changer" methinks not. Top notch arrow, probably so. But as x-man pointed out modern tapered shafts have been around for a long time. It's still an arrow, nothing major changing in the game except the prices keep marching upwards.

Thx for sharing

17-Jan-19
I remember when I bought Gamegetters because XX75's were too expensive.

17-Jan-19
He said $300 for 6 but text flashed saying correction $300 for a dozen.

26-Jan-19
What is the advantage of a dual material vs single material arrow

26-Jan-19
So glad I have about 8 dozen raw ACCs prohunters left. About another 2 dozen cut and fletched. I wont need these till the price comes down to a more reasonable 200 a dozen

27-Jan-19
I am still working on my last few boxes of XX78s....I do like carbons for practice though....cheap ones though.

• Sitka Gear