t-roy 16-Jan-19
spike78 16-Jan-19
bigswivle 16-Jan-19
Pyrannah 16-Jan-19
Joey Ward 16-Jan-19
Razorsharp123 17-Jan-19
Timbrhuntr 17-Jan-19
16-Jan-19
I'm working on my bucket list, and there are only 3 states I have not visited. Alabama, Oregon and Hawaii. I'd like to go turkey hunting in Alabama next year and was looking for a suggestion of an outfitter.

Thanks. TMBB

16-Jan-19
TBM

16-Jan-19
I knew that would happen.

16-Jan-19
Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

16-Jan-19
beat me to it lol

16-Jan-19
I went deer hunting at a place called leavelwood, deer hunting was good, I know they have turkey hunts and bass fishing packages and also just turkey hunts. The lodge and food was amazing. I can’t tell you if the turkey hunts are good or not

16-Jan-19

Bassmaster9960's Link

16-Jan-19
Westervelt Lodge

16-Jan-19
Bohntr you beat me to it!

16-Jan-19
Thanks to those who decided to be helpful. TMBB

16-Jan-19
I doubt there are any turkey outfitters in AL, no way they could even make a living given how much harder it is to kill a turkey there than t is everywhere else in the world.

16-Jan-19
Bent Creek Lodge

16-Jan-19
Man, I thought he was back

16-Jan-19
Probably easier to kill a unicorn than a 'bama turkey!

16-Jan-19
PBO (Piss Bug Outfitters) comes highly recommended, unfortunately they were recommended by TBM.

16-Jan-19
TMBB - TBM hmm coincidence I think not! Just kidding Bob.

16-Jan-19
Westervelt x2

16-Jan-19
Public grnd diy an option maybe?

16-Jan-19
Three places that I can recommend are the southern sportsman’s lodge in lowndes county and master rack lodge in bullock county and great southern outdoors lodge in bullock county. All have web sites. Check them out.

If you want more info on any of those, pm me.

Good luck.

17-Jan-19
TMBB,

Not specifically what you are asking about but Alabama has a decent quantity of public lands (both national forests and WMAs) and quite a few turkeys on most of them. I am no expert turkey hunter, and more often than not choose my boom stick when chasing them, but usually manage to have decent luck every year.

If you are interested let me know and I can try to help on this route.

17-Jan-19
I know you said outfitter but you might try the diy at Taledaga National Forest. I have a buddy that goes there and kills turkeys every spring. I also was able to hunt there but only for 2 days a couple years ago when I took my wife to see the NASCAR race. When i hunted I was into birds every time but just couldn't seal the deal. I figure if I was just hunting and not on a tight schedule I would have killed one. Plus fun scouting and hunting a new area .

• Sitka Gear