B19 17-Jan-19
Busta'Ribs 17-Jan-19
ki-ke 17-Jan-19
leftee 18-Jan-19
marktm250 19-Jan-19
Alaska at heart 19-Jan-19
Ucsdryder 19-Jan-19
16-Jan-19
Just watched Miranda, shoot a buff, with one... looks like a wicked head.... for those who have used them, are you happy and how do you sharpen them..... thanks

16-Jan-19

Eric Vaillancourt's embedded Photo
Eric Vaillancourt's embedded Photo
I used them on my buffalo. I sharpened them with a paper wheel on a grinder at home. In the field I just used a Lansky.

16-Jan-19
I’ve used them the last 2 years and killed 2 bull elk. I shoot the 125 gr XL. They are big and fly great. I’ve shot them out to 100 yards. 2 tears ago I had a pass through and cut a rib going in and out. 20 yard shot, 40 yard recovery. This year was a decent poke, slightly quartering away. Cut a rib in half on the way in and went through the offside shoulder on the way out. Bull went 100 yards or so and piled up. That head went through a lot of elk before it got to the other side!

I hit the head with a strop and it went back in the quiver. The XL really puts a hole in them!

I really like a wide cut 2 blade over a really small head with a bleeder. Maybe it’s psychological, but an almost 2” cut just seems more deceststjng than a 1 1/4” cut with a littl bleeder blade that’s cutting flesh right next to where the main blade just cut.

16-Jan-19

Ucsdryder's embedded Photo
Terrible picture, but you get the idea. Big hole, super sharp, super durable. Best head you can buy imho.
Terrible picture, but you get the idea. Big hole, super sharp, super durable. Best head you can buy imho.

17-Jan-19
For the price, what do they do that a Slick Trick won’t do ?

17-Jan-19
Nice buff Eric!!! And nice shooting Ucsdryder, you hit them there and you won't have far to look for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

jdee the XL have a got a 1.5" cut which is wider than any FB slick trick. Assuming they fly like people say they do, getting a 1.5"wide fixed blade head to fly nice with forgiveness is no easy feat. And be tough on top of that. There is a difference in some premium heads.

17-Jan-19

olebuck's embedded Photo
olebuck's embedded Photo
they are simply the best broadhead on the market. i have used them for 7 years.

i shoot the 150 grain XL on one set up. and the 175 grain XXL on another.

Beyond Razor sharp and tough as nails. and they fly great. my 175 1 7/8" cut hit with field points out to 60 yds.

i shot this 255 lb iowa 10 point with the 175 XXL - never seen a deer die that fast.

17-Jan-19
From the website it looks like the back edge of the broadhead is sharpened? If so wouldn’t that make this head a “barbed” head? They look really strong!!!

17-Jan-19
I havent used them in a while. When I did I would sharpen them in a lansky and then strop them on leather. I killed some game with them and thought the blood trails were weak but acceptable, until one week were I killed a bear and two deer and all three blood trails were terrible. All double lung shots and all dead in about 100 yards but pin drops to follow. I never went back to them as I had better results with other heads. I think I was using the standard size.

17-Jan-19
Jingalls, based on the look of the heads the angle on the backside of the blades is less than 90 degrees which would NOT make them a barbed head in pretty much every state. Once that angle goes over 90 degrees it gets questionable.

17-Jan-19
Jdee, you’re right. They’re the same as a slick trick the same as a Camry is the same as a Mercedes. Sure the Camry will get the job done, but they aren’t the same. Also, I don’t see a slick trick being razor blade sharp after cutting a rib in half, going through 3 feet of elk and then breaking the offside shoulder. Slick trick wins in cost, I’ll take the benefits of the German kinetics in most if not all other categories.

17-Jan-19
They do look like a tremendous head. But when I can buy 9 slick tricks for the price of 3 GK's I don't think I could justify it for anything smaller than a buffalo. I often zip through fast enough with ST's that the arrow is lost so if these are as sharp as they look they may make it even harder to find!!

17-Jan-19
Anybody else notice anything about that Miranda Buff hunt footage that aired this week that looked a little off?

17-Jan-19
Where'd ya see that Greenie?

18-Jan-19
I like them.Used to shoot the standard 125s but now shoot the 125XLs which,despite their looks,fly great and the same as the standards out to 60yds for me.Devastating on elk,too spendy for me on deer.

19-Jan-19
so these are made/distributed by GrizzlyStik now?

19-Jan-19
Shoot whatever you want.....as long as they are effective in putting down game that is recovered. Some folks prefer a custom stickbow....others a Leica rangefinder, Swaro binos or a Garmin sight....still other Silver Flame, Bishop or Iron Will BH's. It is their money to do with what they please. I personally do not think there is much better than a good sharp Zwickey or Magnus Stinger for consistently killing game....plus I am not throwing $30+ a pop into the dirt after a pass through or occassional miss. If that is your gig and gives you confidence, then enjoy. Archery/bowhunting is all about options and personal preferences.....superiority is a different thing entirely.

19-Jan-19
Mark, ad I understand it, German kinetic sold to Alaska Broadhead company some years back and AB took the name silver flame. The original, made in Germany heads, started up production again under the name German kinetic. So there is some confusion, but EVERYTHING I have read says the quality of Alaska Broadhead company isn’t anywhere near the German made heads. I’m shooting the German heads and have no experience with the others.

Alaska, I don’t disagree at all with your post. I killed a bull 3 years ago with a stinger and that arrow might still be going because I sure couldn’t find it when it passed through. No telling how far it went! That elk was as dead as the last 2 with the GK. If I catch a shoulder will the GK outperform the Magnus? I’m not sure, but I have confidence in the head so I’ll keep shooting them until I run out. Then I’ll try to find some more at a discounted rate!

Ken Moody, you probably have more experience with this head on big animals than anyone. Have you seen any issues with bent tips after hitting bone? (Not talking about dirt/rocks)

• Sitka Gear