Alaska at heart 17-Jan-19
greenmountain 17-Jan-19
Glunt@work 17-Jan-19
cnelk 17-Jan-19
tobywon 18-Jan-19
1HankS 18-Jan-19
Yellowjacket 18-Jan-19
17-Jan-19
Starting to look ahead to September. In my work, I often have two or three 5-10 minute gaps each day and I'm wanting to start taking advantage of those times to improve my fitness for hunting. Obviously not enough time for a full workout and I don't want to get sweaty since I will be with people after those breaks. So, in addition to climbing the stairs, lunges, push ups, what are some things you guys find helpful that could be done in small doses?

17-Jan-19
Do squats at your desk, lots of them. Great for the legs and you won't get sweaty doing them.

17-Jan-19

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
My office exercise machine. 150 reps per day gaining and losing elevation.

17-Jan-19
Get a desk that adjusts in height so you can stand most of the day. Elk hunting is being on your feet for hours. That's hard to train for when you're a desk jockey.

17-Jan-19

Z Barebow's Link
Wall squats. Lean up against a wall like you are sitting (knees at a 90 deg angle) and hold for X time. You would be amazed how much it hurts without sweating.

https://www.exercise-to-a-healthier-life.com/wall-squats.html

17-Jan-19
I've been doing those wall squats......I'm going skiing next month.

17-Jan-19
Planks

17-Jan-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

17-Jan-19

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Fortunately, we are in an old factory building and I have a big beam in my office. I just made this simple rope slung over a wood beam to do some pull ups, leg lifts, hangs, or just even stretch a bit. This also helps when I'm having a tough day or just got out of my bosses office frustrated and it can relieve some stress at times. This along with a nice yell at times, helps relieve some stress. Everyone that comes into my office seems to try them out. I have a doorway pull up bar at home that I like as well .

17-Jan-19
You might want to get your hands on a Bowfit device. The Bowfit is a piece of surgical tubing with a leather/nylon loop on the end that was designed by a Physical Therapy professional to be used for upper body workout routine for archers. I think the cost is less than $25.00 and you can roll it up and take it most anywhere.

17-Jan-19
Tai chi and some yoga. You can work on your core which helps everything else.

17-Jan-19
Exercise band works well too. Draw and hold, draw and hold...

17-Jan-19
Humor writer Pat McManus wrote an article on office exercise. He said grab a secretary and throw her over your shoulder. The thrashing and kicking will simulate trying to walk downhill with an elk quarter.

17-Jan-19
lol "grab a secretary" can't imagine if that was pre or post #metoo

17-Jan-19
I would think stairs are your best option. During the winter months when I don't hike much, I have a step bench and also an old Schwinn Airdyne in the basement. When I am watching select hunting shows on TV, I am often doing cardio after stretching or weight training. Stairs are a perfect simulation of climbing and using your body weight as natural resistence.

17-Jan-19
I read somewhere hat there is a lot of office exercises done at every office. There is putting everybody down then jumping to conclusions. I prefer my office routine. I get up at least once an hour and walk a few yards. When I sit I normally sit stand and sit again. It looks funny but it helps. Twice a day I take a brisk walk around the property with a friend. Ten years ago I was laughed at . Now it is openly encouraged by our wellness committee. Any exercise is preferable to sitting all day. It is surprising but you become more productive. I have one more tactic. I work in the engineering building when I get a call from the shop floor I walk briskly to the problem area and deal with it face to face. Thirty problems a day is more than a mile walking.

17-Jan-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Rode a desk for many years off and on. With my new venture, enough exercise isn't an issue.

17-Jan-19
Classic Office Exercising

18-Jan-19
"grab a secretary" Funny, that would work in a bit different way now. After all the sexual harassment training we have to go through, I would find plenty of time to exercise and even hunt after I get fired.

18-Jan-19
Z Barebow x2

18-Jan-19
I have a Varidesk and stand quite a bit. Also walk stairs and one stairwell the backs of the stairs are open so I can hang or do pullups on them.

• Sitka Gear