Mike Ukrainetz 21-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 21-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 23-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 25-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 28-Jan-19
Mike Ukrainetz 29-Jan-19
19-Jan-19

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
2018 Muley, Aaron Austin from Kansas 183 score.
2018 Muley, Aaron Austin from Kansas 183 score.
Hey Bowsiters, we've had an opening come up for a mule deer bowhunt for this fall, Aug 31 to Sept 6 for one hunter. Mike's Outfitting Ltd in Alberta. Call or text Mike at 780 864 7736 for more info or email [email protected] The hunt is regular price, $7000 plus tax and license, $7760 total. It’s doubtful this hunt will come up at a discounted rate anytime soon. Two mule deer hunters and one moose hunter get paired up with two guides, works well. Thanks!

19-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Terrific opportunity for somebody wanting a great chance of killing a big muley!

Mike will treat you right!

19-Jan-19
Is this price in Canadian or US funds ?

19-Jan-19
Dam t-Roy that deer was sooo big! The bases alone were crazy heavy. We still kill the odd giant like that, killed a massive 214 gross in 2017. But they are a bit of a fluke to even see

19-Jan-19
Sorry timbrhuntr, US funds

20-Jan-19

2017 Kelly Wendlandt buck
2017 Kelly Wendlandt buck
Here's the buck from 2017 that officially gross scored 214. Check out the incredible bases and extra points. You couldn't even get your hand around them. 21 inch G2 and some extra points. Body size was awesome too, around 350 lbs.

20-Jan-19
That is an amazing and exciting style of hunting! To be able to see your quarry from a long distance and sneak thru those crop fields or along wind breaks and get in range. Very conducive for a great video. Do your guides usually get a video of the clients successful stalk?

20-Jan-19
Yeah we can often video it in the open fields, it's a fun hunt in nice weather with long daylight hours, 16 hrs a day at that time.

20-Jan-19
Mike does a real job, highly recommend.

21-Jan-19
Thanks Chad(cmbbulldog) You killed an awesome giant with us too!

21-Jan-19

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Mikes first client in his current area back in 2006! What a hunt!

21-Jan-19
That was an incredible buck too Charlie! I think that is the biggest clean, net typical we have taken with archery gear. It was such a fun hunt too with you and Matt, sooo many big deer around then!!

21-Jan-19

2015 Chad Boyd
2015 Chad Boyd
and here is Chad's 200+ incher from 2015, another massive huge bodied beast!

21-Jan-19
Thanks for the reply I kinda figured they would be. It sucks that being Canadian is a penalty even in Canada and its still cheaper for me to hunt with an outfitter in the US than an outfitter that is in Canada !

Nice deer by the way a muley in velvet is my next bucket list check wish we had some in Ontario..

21-Jan-19
I'm just curious Timbrhuntr, how is it cheaper to hunt with an outfitter in the USA than an outfitter in Canada? I mean first you would have to know that you are comparing the same quality hunt by a variety of measures, how do you do that without actually going on both hunts? I think the hunt price for this top quality mule deer hunt with a guaranteed tag, well scouted, tons of country to hunt, experienced bowhunting guide etc is right in the ballpark of other USA based hunts? Maybe not?

21-Jan-19
I don't want to get into a debate with you I guess the US pricing for a hunt in Canada just ticks me off for a number of reasons and yes I can and will be going back to hunt antelope and mule deer in the US cheaper. I would rather give my money to a Canadian outfit but sometimes feel like they don't really want it. I guess I am lumping you into other outfitters I have dealt with in Canada sorry if I sidetracked your post !

21-Jan-19
A Canadian paying Canadien dollars has to pay a Canadien outfitter at the the higher exchange rate of US dollars. Ouch!!! I never like that concept of not paying in the currency of host country. Because I know that when the rate flips the other way the policy will flip also . Business is business and a bonus is bonus . Could always quote in local dollars with the exchange rate figures in . Just fluctuate so much easier to say US dollars, well until the rate isn’t favorable anymore. No knock on any pacticular outfitter they nearly all do it . Just an internal irk here. Next week I will be hauling US cash over the border for a final payment on a wolf hunt. Government is missing out as I am buying the tag in Canadien dollars. I like that they call there dollars ‘loonies.’

The nickname loonie became so widely recognized that in 2006, the Royal Canadian Mint secured the rights to it.[1] When the Canadian two-dollar coin was introduced in 1996, it was in turn nicknamed the "toonie"

21-Jan-19
We all thought it was loonie plus it had a loon on it lol

21-Jan-19
I don't want to derail my own post too but for 28 years I have always charged in US dollars because 95% of my customers are from the USA. I believe I charge a fair and comparable price to US outfitters or if I didn't I simply wouldn't be in business for long. Anyway, It's a great muley hunt and I hope a fellow bowsiter is interested in it!

21-Jan-19

Randy Ginest from this past fall 2018
Randy Ginest from this past fall 2018
Here is another buck from this past fall with repeat hunter Randy Ginest from Kansas. Randy has killed a bunch of big bears with us and has now started his mule deer mission, one in row so far but a good one going just over 180. Randy and his guide Gerard passed up this deer early in the hunt, a couple times, thinking it was a mid 160's deer, but as the hunt got later he decided it was good enough and killed it. Surprised them when they walked up on it. Randy rebooked for next year. (Randy runs a fantastic whitetail hunting operation in Kansas where they have killed multiple 180+ score bucks, even some breaking 200!)

23-Jan-19

Blake Luse with a 2017 big one!
Blake Luse with a 2017 big one!
Another giant from 2017, 200 gross non typical. Blake has hunted muleys with us several times. He drives up from Montana, hhmm, must say something good about our hunt, quite a few mule deer in Montana I think? He could probably do the hunt cheaper in his home state? Blake is rebooked for 2019 on a 2 week mule deer and moose combo bowhunt. Now that will be fun!

25-Jan-19

2018 Greg Myers
2018 Greg Myers
Greg Myers came on our mule deer hunt last year with his son Jason and Greg got this nice 150 class deer. Jason has done several hunts with us for moose and elk and now deer. I don't think Greg had killed a muley with his bow so he wanted to make sure he got it done and went home with a deer so he went after the first buck he found bedded in a good spot with the wind blowing. That is like GOLD on a spot and stalk bowhunt, often more important than the size of the deer if you want to have the spot and stalk experience and get a calm, controlled, range found shot at a good deer. Big bucks are awesome to get but going home empty handed sucks! Jason knows, he didn't get one on the hunt. That's bowhunting. Keeping it real here!

28-Jan-19

2018 Harry Kirk
2018 Harry Kirk
and to show you that even old guys can get it done, here is 70 yr old Harry Kirk from Texas with his 2018 buck. After hunting muleys with us in 2018 Harry and his buddy John Hubbard booked a whole week for bowhunting in 2020, 4 mule deer spots and 1 moose hunt. Should be a fun week!

29-Jan-19
Well I think we have it booked from a bowsite follower. All of our hunts are full for 2019 now, all the spring bear and fall hunts, should be a great year!

• Sitka Gear