Cobie33 24-Jan-19
bohuntr 24-Jan-19
Cobie33 24-Jan-19
greenmountain 24-Jan-19
pappy 26-Jan-19
Cobie33 27-Jan-19
Birddog 27-Jan-19
19-Jan-19
A few years ago my brother gave me his old Allen bow. It hasn't been used since the late 60's. Just wondering if it's worth anything.

21-Jan-19
I have sen a few on e-bay but do not recall what they sold for. Not worth anything to a hunter, but maybe a little to a collector?

21-Jan-19
Could it be used as a museum item. P&Y Museum or some other hunting museum. Great history item.

22-Jan-19
Never say an old bow can't be used unless it is dangerous. Inefficient yes but usable maybe. I went on a deer hunt a few years ago. The land owner let him cut a small Osage tree. (Hedge) The landowner laughed when he said he was going to make a bow with it. He sent a picture of his deer and the bow the next year. His set up was home made bow , home made arrow and a Wasp broadhead.

24-Jan-19
For what it’s worth, I purchased one a few months ago that was in great shape and still very shootable. I paid $100 for it and the seller was shocked someone even wanted it. The bow won the Iowa Indoor Championship in 1971 and I also got the magazine with the ad the guy ordered it from back in 1969. Honestly just going to his house, seeing his game room and speaking with him for an hour was worth the $100 to me. I am going to kill a gobbler with it this spring.

24-Jan-19
That’s a cool find and experience Chad, good luck on the turkey hunt this spring! You should definitely post a picture and a story if you shoot a tom with that bow.

24-Jan-19
I definitely will. He used wood arrow shafts out of it so I will probably build some to use with it.

24-Jan-19
I would be interested to know the arrow speed. I never quite dared to shoot wooden arrows in my Bear Whitetail. I think that sent a 31" 2117 at about 160 fps.

26-Jan-19

pappy's embedded Photo
pappy's embedded Photo
I killed my first deer with the allen Bow and a wooden arrow in 1971 and i still have that wooden arrow hanging in my garage. sorry for the poor grade picture but best i had back then

27-Jan-19
When I get my arrowcombo set you I will post arrow speed, k/e, momentum, etc. That was another reason I wanted one, to see what the first compound could do with equipment from the time.

27-Jan-19
Brings back great memories ! Owned an Allen for a short period of time. Other bows I've hunted with (not in order) ,Olympus,Astro,Oneida Eagle,York,Carroll.Jennings,PSE and many Hoyts. Currently hunt with a Hoyt Carbon Defiant. Along the way I hunted with traditional archery ,longbow and recurves,for a 15 year period. Still shoot traditional casually and thoroughly enjoy it. I remember one morning in the mid 70's late season tree standing in central Wisconsin. Temperature was well below zero. I pulled back my Olympus and the riser broke in half at the hand grip. The 4 aluminum arrows tipped with Bear broadheads remained attached to the upper half of the limb quiver and somehow missed my face. I remember that EVENT like it was yesterday. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane!

• Sitka Gear