Iowabowhunter 22-Jan-19
Treeline 22-Jan-19
Charlie Rehor 22-Jan-19
Nanuke22 22-Jan-19
Will 23-Jan-19
smarba 23-Jan-19
kadbow 23-Jan-19
20-Jan-19
I've got a point for Colorado mule deer, going to be buying one more this year and hoping to draw in 2020.

In the meantime I'm hoping to find an OTC in Nebraska, SD or ND for early archery.

Big Sitka fee-only have some of their whitetail setup however.

Wondering what your 2 favorite pieces of their big game line are (not including rain gear I've got that covered) for spot and stalk velvet muleys.

Thanks!

20-Jan-19
If I could pick two it would be their Timberline pant and Traverse Zip-T. Close third would be their Jetstream Jacket for long glassing sessions or treestand hunting. I've drug those three from Mountain Goats in BC to Whitetails in MO. I put the Jetstream third because early-ish season muleys you probably won't need it, and you can throw in any street-wear insulating-type jacket for the glassing instances where you would need something a little heavier. I never wore my Jetstream Jacket at all on my elk hunt this year. I'd say the Traverse Zip-T and Timberline pant would cover the vast majority of September western hunting. Love the removable knee pads on the Timberline pants.

20-Jan-19
King of the mountain has been good to me ... 20+ yrs and going strong .. now that's durable! Although to warm if doing anything much more than still hunting.

20-Jan-19
1. Timberline Pant 2. Apex Hoodie

20-Jan-19
Prana Zion pants, a good base layer, mid weight fleece, puffy, light rain shell, wool beanie, gloves.

20-Jan-19
Should of read your entire post, fail

20-Jan-19

20-Jan-19
Early season in Dakota's or Nebraska, the weather usually will be warm and dry. The clothing must be super silent and not have a glossy finish. any little noise can be heard from a long distance and most modern camo is just shinny. For my hunts to ND, I just use a very quiet cotton,or polar fleece. I also have used Wolf Skin from Gray Wolf Woolens in Predator gray. Asat is also a good pattern. Enjoy your hunt, Open country Mule Deer is very addictive.

22-Jan-19
TTT

22-Jan-19
Have used all kinds of camo, including KOM. Really love my KOM for stealth - no shine, good pattern, zero noise. If you are going high - above treeline - wool works great and will keep you alive when the weather turns. Open camo patterns work OK, but a ghilly suit is amazing for sneaking up on them in the willows.

22-Jan-19
Yep, love that Sitka Apex hoodie and Timberline pants.

All Sitka, All the time!

22-Jan-19

Nanuke22 's embedded Photo
I used the mountain pants with core top and traverse top in the morning.
Nanuke22 's embedded Photo
I used the mountain pants with core top and traverse top in the morning.

23-Jan-19
I just bought a coat from PNUMA and I would HIGHLY recommend it. Perfectly manufactured for a hunter. I already own Sitka and Kuiu and I returned a Kuiu gift this year and got the Pnuma.

23-Jan-19
Spot & stalk velvet and you refer to early season. For me the Timberline Pant, while awesome, would be much too hot. I'd go with Ascent if very hot or Apex if moderate. The Apex system is deadly silent: Hoody & Pants. For the conditions you describe, early season relatively warm but not hot I'd go Apex. If blistering hot I'd go Ascent Shirt & Pants.

23-Jan-19
Early season and not backcountry I would likely wear quiet non-reflective cotton pants and a cotton or merino top.

• Sitka Gear