NvaGvUp 28-Jan-19
Tilzbow 03-Feb-19
Birddog 04-Feb-19
NvaGvUp 05-Feb-19
NvaGvUp 05-Feb-19
TurboT 06-Feb-19
bigeasygator 06-Feb-19
21-Jan-19
Anyone here attending The Sheep Show in Reno Feb 8-10?

If so, please attend the Getting and Staying In Sheep Shape Seminar on the 9th and 10th.

In addition, I have four seats left at my table for the Wednesday night "Welcome Back" party/banquet and two left for the Thursday night banquet if you're interested.

First come, first served.

21-Jan-19
Kyle,

I would love to but it conflicts with the Colorado Traditional Archers Society banquet that I am on the board of. Happens every year!

As a life member of WSF, I know I need to go. I’m sure there will be lots of good friends there and it would be a blast, but already committed here.

That Mtn Ops contest sounds like a blast! Maybe I can beg off the CTAS...

21-Jan-19
I cant make it to Reno but I am to get down to our Eastern Chapter expo. I hope I can. I am over do.

21-Jan-19
Love my annual trip to Reno. Great time with friends and vendors. The dinners are incredible and really should be experienced by everyone at least once.

21-Jan-19
Kyle,

I’ve been unable to fill my second seats you allocated to me for Friday and Saturday nights. Did you fill them or should we offer them up on this thread?

24-Jan-19
Man I wish I was going this year!! Headed to Disneyland with the family from the 1-10th.

Excited to see how the Jurassic Classic trips do at auction this year and get some WSF fanatics up to BC for 2019!

24-Jan-19
Just sent my picture in for their power point presentation for the breakfast where they recognize sheep taken by members. Wish they had this last year when I was 90 minutes away. Plan on going to the state banquet though. I would have really liked to have been there to see Russ Hawkins come up on stage in a wheel chair. Maybe that will be next year. Kyle be sure and include us at your table for the state show. I went by Brads place since then and visited with him.

24-Jan-19
I'd love to go but can never make it because I work in February in order to get January off for Coues hunting. Damn Coues are almost as addicting as elk.

24-Jan-19
I'll be there with my booth of Sporting art bronzes with and emphasis on mountain hunting and Adventure stop on by Schnack Bronzes

24-Jan-19
Will be present.

24-Jan-19
I think a paternity test is in order.

24-Jan-19

24-Jan-19
Whoa...

24-Jan-19
Hell yea. Wish I could make it!

24-Jan-19
Well that took a left turn...Was all in when I saw that they moved it from the ISE weekend...However after the Moose Hunt, I’m destined to do a Disney trip, so I’ll see Rack down there!

25-Jan-19
Ouch.... where's the popcorn... Ed F

25-Jan-19
What the ...??

25-Jan-19
Wow Sheep Shape must really work Kyle's dad must be like 90 years old and he's full of piss and vinegar. Cage match between the two? $20 per head to watch and proceeds go to sheep. Can't wait to see it in Reno.

Sandbrew

25-Jan-19

25-Jan-19
Thanks for Holding a Seat for me Kyle.

I certainly am looking forward to sharing the evening conversation with you.

Good luck, Robb

25-Jan-19
Thanks, Robb.

Glad you can make it this year.

Which nights are you available?

25-Jan-19
Gee wiz what a shame to do something like that on this site. Shameful. Hope you all have fun at the show. I am going to miss it this year.

25-Jan-19
Man, Kyle must've laid it to your wife pretty good to stay this mad, fella.

25-Jan-19
Kyles Dad, Whatever your differences are with Nva, take them up privately. Your immature keyboard cowboy tactics belong somewhere else but not on bowsite.

Pat, please remove this post.

Mark

25-Jan-19
Looks like someone washed down their lithium pills with a 5th of Jack.

25-Jan-19
Scott,

Filled them over the weekend. So we're all set.

25-Jan-19
My apology to Ike, who got disparaged by the a-hole who posted on this thread and who is registered here under the auspices of my beloved father, who passed away from pancreatic cancer in 1984.

A few years ago I drew a cool tag and of his own volition and without me asking, Ike volunteered to join me on my hunt to help me increase my odds of punching the tag.

That was very gracious of him.

In return and because we've had a good relationship here on Bowsite for a long time, I invited him to come to the CA WSF banquet. Does that therefore make Ike a 'stranger' as claimed?

Or does it mean that I thought enough about him that I wanted to share a dinner with him?

For that gesture, my 'adversary' essentially called Ike a low-level know-nothing, essentially crapping on someone I know to be a darned fine person.

I guess, according to my adversary, it appears I'm also supposed to limit my list of invitees to "More Important People."

25-Jan-19
Never would of thought that a decent gesture would have caused such a lunatic to crawl out from under a rock like that. Wow.

That BS definitely needs to be pulled and the writer blocked from this site.

25-Jan-19
BTW,

Thanks to those of you who sent me PMs in support.

Much appreciated.

25-Jan-19
PMs, shoot, I’ll go public. Thanks for allowing me and my father to join you last year at your table. If we were able to return this year, I’d have no problem sitting with you again. You were flat out exhausted on Saturday night due to all your work for the convention. The people at your table were great folks and I’d have no problem joining you all again.

25-Jan-19
Thank you, Blake.

That's very kind of you.

25-Jan-19
Way to keep it classy guys! (With the exception of the “other” guy whose posts have been removed...)

And Kyle,

Thanks for the annual invitations, much appreciated!

25-Jan-19
My wife and I had a great time at the CA state WSF with Kyle. Met some wonderful folks at the same table. Now here’s something that Kyle/NVA did that he didn’t have to do. Go sponsering a table he got tickets for a drawing. The drawing was for $1000. Worth of raffle tickets. He could have kept the tickets but he didn’t. My wife won that raffle. One of the men I met has been friends with Kyle and helped him in the starting of the state chapter. I visited this gentleman. He said that Kyle has done his financial planning for him. Looked like to me he has done well. His game room is several thousand sq feet and the only animal that isn’t in his game room is a desert ram and maybe a buffalo. That would complete all the North American big game animals. Cool seeing a polar bear. All this to say I am honored to know Kyle and be able to sit at his table at a WSF banquet. I hope we get invited again this year. Dave York

26-Jan-19
Me! Be there Thursday afternoon out Sunday morning, looking forward to seeing everyone!

26-Jan-19
Coming in Thursday and leaving Sunday AM

Looking forward to catching up (and hearing all the BS as well)!!!

Mark

26-Jan-19
See you guys there. Dawn and i are getting in Wednesday and leaving Sunday. Hopefully enough time to have at least one beer with everyone, Can't wait.

Mike

26-Jan-19
Anyone else registered for the Sporting Clays shoot? Would be good to meet some BS’ers there!

26-Jan-19
Anyone registered for the Backpack Trail Race?

$500 cash prize for the winners in both the Men's and Women's Divisions!

$200 for finishing 2nd and $50 for finishing third.

It's a great time and everyone has had a blast.

PLUS, some serious raffle prizes will be given away after everyone finishes.

26-Jan-19
You lucky guys get to see my ugly mug at the breakfast presentation. My advice is eat before it starts.

26-Jan-19
LOL, Dave!

You had a really good run in the CA draws the past two years.

Now draw an Owens Valley Elk tag and keep the string going!

26-Jan-19
I was going to but after antelope season I have a great contact up in NE Ca. When he’s not working he’s out taking pictures of elk and deer. He knows where the big boys hang out. Seeing pictures of 380- 400+” bulls gets your heart going

26-Jan-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Not bad for a NE Ca buck

28-Jan-19
Kyle-- Kathy and I look forward to seeing you there. We'll be in Thursday evening...not in time for the dinner, but in time for Friday awards breakfast. So looking forward to Friday and Sat evening with you. Thankfully I missed the shenanigans on this thread. Kyle has been one of the most gracious people I've ever met. Thanks to his invitations, I've made a number of friends from his table....and one this past January led to an amazing Shiras moose and elk hunt in Utah in October. Kyle, thanks for all that you do! And look forward to seeing many of you there. Alan

28-Jan-19
Alan,

It will be good to see you guys again.

Sorry you'll miss the Thursday banquet, but no worries. We'll see you Friday and Saturday.

28-Jan-19
You guys will wet your pants when you see the moose and the elk Quick Draw arrowed in UT last fall.

Heckuva' job, Alan!

03-Feb-19
Kyle,

How’s that trail shaping up with this storm we’re having?

04-Feb-19
For those “on the fence” about competing in the race ,GO FOR IT ! You won’t regret it.

Kyle,Tony and the volunteers put a lot of work into organizing the event. They need a good turnout.

The race is an honest challenge,not extremely difficult. With a 50lb. pack only the fittest,young athletes will be “running”the course. I’m 65 and completed the course last year using a long stride, quick tempo walk. You can use your own pace.

Beautiful scenery,great comradery and nice T Shirt ! What could go wrong.

Best of luck to all the competitors this year .

05-Feb-19
As of now, we're up in the air as to whether or not we'll need to use our backup course. I'm guessing we will.

As of yesterday one of our race volunteers, who lives about 1/2 mile from the start/finish line reported he had about 2 feet of new snow at his house and it's been snowing since then.

I only live about 650' lower down the bench than he does and directly down the hill from him. We've had about 1/2 that much.

Tony will hike the trail in the morning, but if there was 2' of snow at 6,000' as reported, there will be a lot more than that at the high point of the course, which is 7,000'!

In that event, we will default to the course we used in 2017 and for the same reason.

That course is 1,000' or more lower down so should have a lot less snow on it.

Then there's this: The forecast for Thursday @ 8:00 AM calls for 13 degrees. If it's windy, the wind chill will be sub-zero!

BTW, as you may know, for the past 4-5 years, The Sheep Show has set new records for every single thing we measure, including attendance.

Yet get this: In talking with Gray yesterday, registrations for this year were up an astonishing 26% as of last week!

We do conservation and even our friendly competitors have told us we do conservation better than anyone!

WSF ROCKS!!!!!

05-Feb-19

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
The storm seems to have left the building and some occasional sun has finally come out.

I took this photo a couple of minutes ago, looking East across the Washoe Valley.

06-Feb-19
Thanks for the updates. I really need to make that race next year!

06-Feb-19
Gonna miss it this year after making the last three. Already looking forward to next year!

Tim, looks like you're holding it down for the entire LA crew this year! We'll be thinking of you...and whatever the tab is, Zack said he'd pay!

• Sitka Gear