stagetek 23-Jan-19
Shug 23-Jan-19
Paul@thefort 23-Jan-19
sitO 23-Jan-19
skipmaster1 24-Jan-19
21-Jan-19

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
A couple weeks ago I was doing some small game hunting along with looking for a spot to try and get a deer with my pistol next year. It’s an overlooked public spot that has some of the thickest cover and best deer and rabbit sign I’ve seen in years in this particular county. just before dark I was slipping along an edge of hardwoods and thickets, looking for feeding squirrels or rabbits. I paused, scanning ahead and I caught movement to my right. At first I thought it was a fox or coyote but as it crossed over a down tree I saw it was a nice bobcat. It stopped at a little over 20 yards as it caught me drawing, it was too late, the arrow was on its way. The cat turned but not fast enough. The shot was perfect and it bolted into the thickets. I wanted to give it some time but I was running out of light and didn’t have a flashlight. I waited 15 minutes before pushing through heavy green briar in fading light. It was pretty nerve racking but the cat was down just a short way in. I never in a million years thought I’d have a chance encounter like this! The bobcat population is high but it’s very rare to actually see one. Even the CO came to seal the pelt, he said he’s seen a lot of cats this year but mostly trapped. I feel really fortunate to have been in the right place, right time and be able to make a good shot.

21-Jan-19
Nice bobcat and good shooting!!

21-Jan-19
Nice job

21-Jan-19
Dang! You’re on a roll lately, Greg! Congrats on a beautiful cat! A bobcat with a bow is high on my wish list.

21-Jan-19
That's awesome. I had one walk by me and it was a really cool experience. Just like lions, they are there but you never see them. Good job and good shot.

21-Jan-19
T-Roy- thank you. this season was pretty amazing. 2 longbow deer, 1 with a stone point, 1 with a trade point I made. Both made with feathers from a turkey I killed with my recurve and wrapped with sinew I harvested from a trad killed deer. I shot 2 with my recurve, I including a nice buck. I shot 6 with my compound, including a nice buck and I took my second every rifle killed deer.... and this bobcat and a ton of squirrels with trad gear. It’s been a Wild season. I passed a ton of deer too and saw some amazing things in the woods. Now I’m focusing on small game hard until I go to TX for a shooting clinic/hog/rabbit hunt.

22-Jan-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
That's really neat. I have always wanted to get one. Had this guy at about 50 yards last weekend.

22-Jan-19
Wow nicely done!

22-Jan-19
Spot-n-Stalk Bobcats!!

Very kool indeed

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

22-Jan-19
Wow, nice job, beautiful cat!

22-Jan-19
Great trophy....congrats!

22-Jan-19
BULELK1- more like stumble and find than spot and stalk!

22-Jan-19
Good job! Great looking bobcat!

22-Jan-19
Congrats man

22-Jan-19
Congrats! And very cool that you are taking game with your own made arrows as well!

22-Jan-19
Great work.

22-Jan-19
That's a hard trophy with a bow. Congrats!

22-Jan-19
That's the real deal right there. You are sure getting it done. Congrats!

22-Jan-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Nicely done Greg all arount. Bobcats are really neat. I had this guy jump into this tree 15 yards from my treestand, as a deer spooked it up there. I did not have a small game tag to hunt cats. Your cat kill will surely be a great memory. my best, Paul

22-Jan-19
Paul- that’s an amazing picture!

22-Jan-19
What a great trophy. Congrats!

23-Jan-19
Awesome! I've called in 3 bobcats and gotten 2 shots, but each time my arrow just barely missed. One of these times it will come together.

I've heard bobcat is good eating and I'm going to try it. Mountain lion is awesome and I expect bobcat will be also.

23-Jan-19
Great trophy, and shot.

23-Jan-19
Pretty cool ... congrats

23-Jan-19
Greg, PM me your email and I will send you the picture. Paul

23-Jan-19
I've killed two with a bow and "nicked" another. One just walked under my stand, but the others were called in.

Spot & stalk on one of these critters is a REAL accomplishment...add in the trad gear and it's just that much better, congrats man!

24-Jan-19
Thanks everyone, now all I have to do is pick out a mount! I want to make it clear though that I didn’t “stalk” this cat. We just sort of bumped into each other and I was stopped even it came walking in.

• Sitka Gear