EmbryOklahoma 09-Feb-19
BULELK1 11-Feb-19
22-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Spicy Elk Burger is the meat I used
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Spicy Elk Burger is the meat I used
'morning All,

I like to have some eats during the week and I enjoy cooking but Not every day.

I started doing these Bachelor Gourmet meals a while back and I just keep experimenting with Idea's and options.

Here is my latest---------->>

Thanks for taking the time to view.

Good luck, Robb

22-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Instead of using oatmeal, as the burger is so very lean, it won't hold together, I have gone to a Flavored Wheat Thin to crumble/ mix in with the burger and an egg or two.

22-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I roll 'em into large balls and put into lightly oiled cup cake baking pan.

22-Jan-19
Thanks Rob, now im hungry! LOL

22-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
After about 35-45 minutes in the oven, I put different toppings on the mini meat loaf type Cup Cakes

The Honey topped ones kinda became my Fav to eat.

22-Jan-19
Dang good eating and ready to enjoy.

I get about 4 days out of this Bachelor Gourmet meal.

Enjoy!

#LovinLife

Robb

22-Jan-19
Looks like some good eatin right there!

22-Jan-19
Looks good Rob! How bout a recipe?

22-Jan-19
The wheat thins are a great idea. I tried several fillers for my venison meat loaf and found that my family and I like Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix the best.

22-Jan-19
Robb, do you think there is a way to make these without using wheat thins or anther filler? I'm thinking I could throw an egg or two in there and make them stick? These would be awesome on my Keto diet with a couple modifications to cut down on the carbs. Awesome looking dinner!

22-Jan-19
yum!

22-Jan-19
Awesome Robb!

ElkNut/Paul

22-Jan-19
Robb, you better not place that on Facebook, as you will have lots of gals coming and looking. Bachelor days over for sure and yea, maybe hunting also. Becareful what you put on the World Wide Web. my best, Paul

22-Jan-19
Great idea! I'm going to have to try a meal

22-Jan-19
Please tell me that is not turkey bacon. I like turkey and I like bacon but turkey is not bacon.

22-Jan-19
Looks delicious, Robb! I'll be making some of these up for sure! Mmm...mmm.mmmm!

Brotsky - for the Keto diet, I"ve found crushed up pork rinds work great as a binder or filler for a lot of different recipes....and pretty darn tasty too!

22-Jan-19
Thanks Josh, I even have some at home. I should have thought of that, everything is better with pork rinds!

22-Jan-19
Looks great! I'll second the Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing as meatloaf filler.

22-Jan-19
You should be getting a call from “Cupcake Wars” show, or, at least, Rachel Ray any day now, Robb. Those look delicious!

22-Jan-19
Great idea!

22-Jan-19
I second the pork rinds for load filler. I'm a year deep into keto, and the rinds are a staple.

22-Jan-19
Oh yeah, that looks great. I'm thinking a guy could make a bunch of those up, vacuum seal them, freeze, then just heat and eat at elk camp.

22-Jan-19

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Caribou Cup Cakes!

Thanks for the idea Robb!

22-Jan-19
Tasty treat, fun to eat! Thanks Robb!

22-Jan-19
Those look fantastic guys!

23-Jan-19
Thanks for the input fella's, Good Morning.

Maybe use the ole reliable ~~ Oatmeal ? Never really tried those pork rines? Chips???

Yes, Very High Roughage no need for a magazine in the Sit Down Office!! haha

I have added Turkey Bacon to my 'Mix' meals but still go Pork bacon for normal separate cook meals.

Heck yeah Paul--------> not a bad plan at all as I post on my OurTime.com dating site and have a lot of fun.

Thanks for sharing your ideas/thoughts.

Good luck, Robb

23-Jan-19
Brosky, I use about 10 to 15% pork butt in with my lean game meats. I think that might work in place of the wheat thins to hold it together. Rob , those look fantastic! Great idea, I'll be incorporating this into my meat eaters cook book!

24-Jan-19
Thank you Eric

Maybe 1/2 pint can get some Special Menu foods for ya JB!!! At the Diner?

Good luck, Robb

24-Jan-19

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Thanks for the motivation, we made venison cupcakes last night. Escellent.

24-Jan-19
Robb, I'm going to make them this weekend. I think I've got it dialed in to be keto friendly. I'll let you know if they are Half Pint approved! Ha!

24-Jan-19
Here's my Keto version for you guys interested:

1.5 pounds ground venison

¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (might use cheddar cheese chunks and roll ball around them to make mini juicy Lucy's!)

¾ cup crushed pork rinds

4 slices bacon

1 large egg

¾ teaspoon salt

¾ teaspoon pepper

¾ teaspoon garlic powder

Onion, Mushroom, Green Pepper as fits your taste ( I use less or no onion as the onion adds up fast for carbs.) I may try some jalapeno in a few to see how that goes.

24-Jan-19
Brotsky, that is almost exactly what ours were, my wife is into keto. We did use jalapeno instead of green pepper. Spices also a little different.

24-Jan-19
I think I'll play with the spices a little as well PECO, maybe throw a couple others into the mix. Can't wait to eat these!

27-Jan-19

Whocares's embedded Photo
Whocares's embedded Photo
Ok.35 below this morning so thought I'd stay in an experiment. Elk cupcakes. Elk burger, egg, wheat thins, carrots, potatoes, red pepper, bacon, mushrooms, Lipton onion soup mix,. Put in oven at 300 degrees. How long, an hour?? Will put some toppings of horseradish, honey, and maybe steak sauce on at 35 minutes as suggested by Rob, and put back in for another 30 minutes?? Oh yeah, mixed a little steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce in too. We shall see.

27-Jan-19
Great! Now I've gotta make some cupcakes. I'm also following the Keto plan. My clothes already fit better. Gotta be ready to kill an elk this September, it's been too long!

27-Jan-19
They are done and better than i would have thought. Excellent as a matter of fact! The neighbor woman invited me for supper later so I'll take he a couple.

27-Jan-19
I’ve used Ritz crackers as filling before when I didn’t have any bread crumbs. Works pretty good to bread fish fillets too.

27-Jan-19

Busta'Ribs's embedded Photo
These were money! Mix 2/3 straight ground venison and 1/3 ground chorizo. Cut 6 strips bacon in 1/2” pieces and cook, throw in a chopped onion, a chopped jalapeño and 4 garlic cloves and sauté in bacon grease till onion is translucent. I drained 75% of the grease halfway through. Set the onion/bacon mix aside to cool. Crush tortilla chips and mix with beaten egg, 1 cup of corn, 3/4 cup salsa, 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix, tsp oregano, tsp chili powder, tsp salt. Mix meat all ingredients together and form into meatballs (cupcakes) and bake at 350 for 45-50 min or to 155 degrees. I made a sauce with 3/4 cup sour cream, 3 tablespoons spicy ketchup, lime juice from 1/2 a lime and Tabasco to taste. I hacked the cupcake idea from this thread part of the recipie from Scott Leysath’s site. But these things were next level!

27-Jan-19
Looks delicious will show the wife. I don’t cook but she does and is an awesome one

27-Jan-19
I had keto mule deer cup cakes Friday evening for dinner. They were dynamite! Followed my recipe posted up above. They were even Half Pint approved (with no peppers or onions of course)!

27-Jan-19
Looks good. Great idea, Robb

28-Jan-19
I love meat loaf but always wound up tossing a lot of leftovers away. This simple idea solves that problem as the cupcakes can easily be frozen individually before cooking, then thawed and cooked in whatever quantity you need. And if you do have one or two left over, just cut them in half and grill a Hawaiian roll and you’ve got gourmet sliders the next day!

09-Feb-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Oh yes! They were delicious! Thanks for the idea. 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes will do. I used... 2 lbs of venison, one bell pepper, 5 slices of cooked bacon, 1/2 cup of of grated cheddar/Colby cheese, two sticks of pepper jack cheese, garlic, pepper and two eggs.

11-Feb-19
Yummy for sure!!

Thanks for sharing ~~ All

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear