BagginBigguns 22-Jan-19
Sivart 22-Jan-19
Snag 22-Jan-19
KSBOW 22-Jan-19
Ron Niziolek 22-Jan-19
Mule Power 22-Jan-19
Cheesehead Mike 23-Jan-19
22-Jan-19
I tried looking at the draw odds on the website. I must be missing something. Is it even possible to draw a gen tag w/ no points in the special draw?

22-Jan-19
Last year it took 1 point in the special.

22-Jan-19
In the preference point pass you do not have a chance. Last year was 97-98% chance with 1 point. In the random drawing you would've had a 29-30% chance with 0 points.

22-Jan-19
29% if app numbers stay steady. Although they didn't bump last year by much, they've gone from 1500 to 2500 apps over the past 5 years. It's more likely that the random odds will fall like they do every year in the regular draw.

22-Jan-19

22-Jan-19
Do you care to elaborate Bob?

22-Jan-19
Not here but I sent you a note.

22-Jan-19
When can I put in for a WY point? I think it's in the summer, but I just want to confirm.

22-Jan-19
Yes, I believe it's early July

22-Jan-19
Points 7/1 thru October.

22-Jan-19
Question guys 0 points here planning applying with a buddy in party app for general archery tag(Understand low chance I draw but hey why not). Do chances decrease as a party app? I assume they do, not planning on drawing with 0 points but figured why not. OTC back option in place, and plan to buy point if we don't draw. Thanks in advance!!

22-Jan-19
Your chances do not decrease. Party apps get one shot, just like individual apps.

22-Jan-19
Your chances are the same.

And to the original question yes... it is always possible. After the points based drawing sll applicants are entered into the random draw where they all have an equally low but possible chance of drawing. Just like the Powerball... someone has to win and ya gotta play to win.

23-Jan-19
And KSBOW, you don't apply for an "general archery tag", you just apply for a "general tag". If you draw, you'll have to buy an archery license, a habitat stamp, and possibly a feed ground permit depending on where you hunt.

• Sitka Gear