'Ike' (Phone) 23-Jan-19
Brotsky 23-Jan-19
WapitiBob 23-Jan-19
'Ike' 23-Jan-19
SteveB 24-Jan-19
23-Jan-19

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
Earlier this month Toprut added the breakdown of the point pools, per hunt area on their updated web site. If you are wondering how you're sitting it'll give you a good idea; all species.

23-Jan-19
Dang, I’m still only seeing 17 totals...

23-Jan-19

Treeline's Link
Wyoming has 2018 up

23-Jan-19
Depressing.

23-Jan-19
Ike, you'll need their $20 yearly subscription to see 2018. I paid it, has value for me personally. They have some good data put together on their site and it's easy to use and understand. Solid research tool for $20.

23-Jan-19
Treeline: I don't think Wyoming publishes the breakdown of the point pools like WapitiBob posted. Obviously, you can request them or TopRut wouldn't have that info. In the Draw Odds section of Wyoming G&F website all unsuccessful applicants are lumped together where the pools show how many apps for each level of pref point.

I'm curious if 2018 data can be extrapolated from 2017. I would guess it would give a ball park figure where you are in line and as Trial said, it's a little depressing, especially at my age.

23-Jan-19
Brotsky: $10 for two states looks like a bargain if your time on the phone is worth anything (I don't work for Toprut)

23-Jan-19

23-Jan-19
I got it figured out Brots, thanks...

23-Jan-19
Bob, they do have the general tag pool as well. It's a little tricky to get to. Once on the WY elk page select nonresident, then in the bottom drop down box (show Unit) select "general units". Once that comes up on the right window you can select the "more" link under the general unit column for regular or special and get the point pools.

23-Jan-19
All the databases are public info. They can include the app name, party info, points of the applicant, where they applied and if they drew, etc, etc. That's how the outfitters get your info when you draw. Not sure of the cost, mine was free ;) It used to be the only resource for determining the actual points needed for drawing a gen license or how close you were to getting into the draw pool. GoHunt and Toprut now publish some of that info. As with everything, I'm sure not all are happy about it.

23-Jan-19
Public info, you have to like that! ;-)

24-Jan-19
If the databases are public where do we access them?

• Sitka Gear