Brucev 27-Jan-19
Brucev 27-Jan-19
23-Jan-19

StickFlicker's Link
Arizona Coues buck.

23-Jan-19
That had to hurt!

23-Jan-19
Ouch! Looked kinda intentional on the buck’s part. He came back around and tried to take out the other cyclist as well.

23-Jan-19
I hate those spandex wearing bikers like that. They ride in the middle of mountain roads, think they own the road. Get out of the way. That road was made for vehicles. Find a road that has shoulders and stay in it.

23-Jan-19
Maybe should wear full leathers?

23-Jan-19
Good on the deer

23-Jan-19
Pretty sure the buck won that round:-)

23-Jan-19
You guys do realize that the cyclist there was probably doing OVER the speed limit, right?

But I suppose you’re going to tell me that a guy on a Harley at the same speed would have been riding the shoulder in all of that gravel just to keep things interesting....

There are good, responsible drivers and there are idiots. Doesn’t matter WHAT they’re driving/riding; only matters whether they behave themselves or not.

23-Jan-19
Wonder how those women's exercise pants held up? Haha

23-Jan-19
GF the guy on the Harley has to have license and have plates on bike he paid for. Also the ass hole on the bike won't be riding in the shoulder when going 5 mph up the hill either. Hate the bicyclist in the mountains.

23-Jan-19
Last I looked, bicycles are vehicles and, unless restricted, have just as much right to use the road as motorized vehicles do. Slow down, pass when it's safe, and don't be an asshole.

23-Jan-19
JohnMC, you'd rather have HUGELY excessively loud (for no practical reason) Harleys in the mountains, ruining the mountain ambiance for everyone, than have quiet cyclists? I'd rather have 500 cyclists in the mountains than a single Harley. You may hate cyclists. I hate Harley riders.

23-Jan-19
Absolutely- I will take Harley that don’t expect cars to do 5 MPH behind them over bicyclist or New Yorkers in the mountains any day. Another thing the majority of Harley riders don’t have a problem with me being there to hunt. Doubt you can say the same thing about the bicyclers or New York’s. No I don’t ride motorcycles either.

23-Jan-19
Damn!

23-Jan-19
"You guys do realize that the cyclist there was probably doing OVER the speed limit, right? But I suppose you’re going to tell me that a guy on a Harley at the same speed would have been riding the shoulder in all of that gravel just to keep things interesting...."

All that can be said definitively is the guy on the Harley would have a way smaller penis.

23-Jan-19
Not a bad buck. Looks like a 3 year old.

23-Jan-19
Driving that road to my Lemmon has become rather dangerous since about they widened and improved it some years ago. Back then it was really too dangerous and narrow for bicycles but now there are hoards of cyclists doing that trip. Every time I go now there is always someone flying down that mountain at 40-50 plus usually in the middle of the lane. Dangerous for both motorist and other cyclists. Tucson has become a meca for cyclists coming from all over the US and many try the mt.

24-Jan-19
JohnMC, clearly you and I would not get along. You chose to attack me based on where I'm from, rather than the issue of harleys vs cyclists. Not all New Yorkers are terrible people who ruin the mountains. All Harleys are terribly loud and significantly detract from folks' enjoyment of national parks, scenic areas, and other outdoor locations.

I'm not a cyclist but I have much more respect for them than someone on the back of an obnoxiously loud overpriced compensator.

24-Jan-19
Someone has road rage really bad. All they have to do is read a thread on bowsite to be triggered into a rage.

I must admit I love messing with folks that have road rage and I know it's dangerous. I just can't help myself I love seeing them have a melt down.

At least the rider avoided the antlers, that would have been ugly.

24-Jan-19
2 summers ago my wife and I were headed down Rt 52 in Ohio when we encountered a long line of stopped traffic. It was in a straight stretch and we could tell something bad had happened. An EMS squad had just arrived. People were out of their cars walking around talking about what might have happened. One guy pulled a pair of binoculars out and promptly announced a dead deer on the roadside, plus some wreckage. 30 minutes later we passed the scene and noted a motorcycle which was totally demolished from hitting a deer and then wrecking. No idea if the rider lived or died. Considering we were both on our bike (a Harley, not that it matters what label) we were both sad and sobered to see such a wreck.

I've had deer almost take me out a couple times while riding. Scarier than hell to have a full grown deer almost T-bone you when they burst out of the roadside weeds. Around here I won't ride during prime movement times and after dark, unless it's really necessary....and then I'm really careful.

And by the way: The road is big enough for all, but not big enough for some.

24-Jan-19
Scrappy- I'm with you on effin with folks with road rage issues....johnMC would be SO much fun!! I'd blow him kisses while he fingered me and blew snot all over himself while thinking of new profanity to use on an NJ driver! lol

24-Jan-19
I dont know what other states have for the number of bicycles on the roadway, but here in Colorado there are approx 800,000.

The pedal bikers on the shoulder - or in the driving lane - are widely known to not obey the rules of the road, slow down traffic and generally are the source of road rage when not allowing motor vehicles to travel safely.

Riders are not supposed to ride side by side, but that is not adhered to, and when motor vehicles are required to give a 3' berth, then it causes issues because the car cannot pass the cyclists.

Now, insert that condition in a long mountain road, with curves and vehicle traffic going in both directions, yeah, it's a problem.

Not near the problem I have when riding my loud Harley

24-Jan-19
Road rage? Y’all that don’t get road age, apparently haven’t driven thru or around Albuquerque. You’d drive away a different person......

24-Jan-19
Wow i must really be overcompensating. Own 2 harleys probably need to change my handle too Turtle ;)

24-Jan-19
Yikes!

24-Jan-19
Youch!

24-Jan-19
Who would have know the spandex wearers have invaded bowsite. Beware one of them will probably try to start to market a line of spandex bowhunting clothes. ;)

24-Jan-19
Ouch! My brother-in-law hit an eastern whitetail in almost the exact same way. He had road rash all over and was laying in the road bleeding and hurt, while the lady who fed all the animals in her yard along the road ran out to check on the deer, and completely ignored him...

24-Jan-19
Way to go Marvin! See what you started!!?? ;-)

24-Jan-19
That's crazy! Kevin

24-Jan-19
Would have been cooler if it had been a bear and got at least two of them...

Not a fan of bicycles on public roads at all.

They do not pay for the privilege to be on the road and rarely display any common curtesy. My experience with the majority of bicyclists is that they are flaming A-holes.

That extends to 4wd roads and trails as well. Mountain bikers are just as horrid as the road bikers! Mostly total jerks!

Would rather have Harley’s on the road any time. Have rarely seen a discourteous Harley rider. Have seen a few total idiots on crotch rockets though.

24-Jan-19
Last I check, at least here in Ohio, slower moving traffic HAS TO stay to the right. If it is a two lane road, cyclists have to stay to the right in the lane they are riding, not in the middle of it. That is why bike lanes are on the right, not in the middle of the road, as the guy seen going up the hill on the other side. They have to mind the speed limit also going down the hill, same as a car, even "if" they can travel faster than the posted speed limit. They don't have free right-away. DANNY

24-Jan-19
Here in iowa a cyclist is treated just like a car. When I first started riding on the roads I tried to be courteous and stay yo the right. I quickly realized I was just making it a very dangerous situation for all. If you don't stay right in the middle of your lane while on a bike idiot's in cars will try and pass even with oncoming traffic. I don't ride much on roads but when I do I'm riding in the middle of my lane.

Now all you with road rage can have your meltdown here on bowsite.

24-Jan-19
Wow! That Coues buck may have gone down but he got back up and ran away.

24-Jan-19
How did a video spark such a pissing match? GF, you really stretched that one.

24-Jan-19
Equating ALL cyclists because of a few that don't follow the rules of the road is like saying all hunters are like the poachers and road hunters that most people see.

I drive cars. I ride bikes. I see both sides. I have been swerved at by vehicles for no reason other than being on the same road. Maybe they had a bad experience with another cyclist. Wasn't me, so why take it out on me?

I have been behind the cyclists that won't be courteous to motorists. I don't like that either. But I don't take it out on the next cyclist I see. I get over whenever practical instead of holding up traffic.

When coming down a mountain pass I will go faster than any car and probably than any motorcycle if the road winds. I don't want to be near the edge of the road when doing that. Why not use the middle of the road, the same way a motorcycle does? Nobody will be behind me waiting on me anyway.

24-Jan-19

24-Jan-19
Luv it!

24-Jan-19
Ouch, tough to watch that one. That's a serious crash right there.

"How did a video spark such a pissing match?" Amen WV. Geez, some comments are incredible. Never ceases to amaze me on this site.

24-Jan-19
Some of you spandex wearers need to brush up on laws. Why not ride in the middle of the roads like a motorcycle? Same reason some motorcycles are legal on road and some are not. Does your bike have brake-lights, turn signal, registration, license plates, insurance? Do you need a driver license? For one I know the law states bicyclers can not rider side by side only single file. Most of the time that law is broken. Maybe in KS were there only a few, maybe only a few are a problem. In the mountains there are a lot more than a few and most are problem.

Brad that is hilarious!!

24-Jan-19
Bicycles are actually entitled to the entire lane of traffic, just like any other vehicle. I would be willing to bet that was part of an organized ride/race.

24-Jan-19
Cnelk that was funny.

24-Jan-19
Wasn't me, WV - 'twas John Mickey decided to make this about bicycles and bicyclists when no one in the video was seen doing anything the least bit questionable.

"Beware one of them will probably try to start to market a line of spandex bowhunting clothes" - So... when you say "spandex bowhunting clothes"... did you mean Sitka, UnderArmor, or Kuiu?

"And by the way: The road is big enough for all, but not big enough for some."

And there you go. Bicycles don't drive Stupid - Stupid People Drive Stupid.

24-Jan-19
People who only have bicyclists to complain about don't know how good they have it.

24-Jan-19
Haha....Kevin, we got them, too!

24-Jan-19
Oh man, that video cnelk posted was hilarious!

24-Jan-19
Believe it or not, Ike, a lot of hard-core cyclists love that one, too! I know I do, but I haven't shaved my legs in over 20 years... I could hunt pretty hard when my resting heart rate in Denver was high 30s BPM....

Except, of course.... Isn't that Clint Eastwood music in the background???

24-Jan-19
Problem is, for about 4 months, the bicyclists are blocking the roads way worse than what Kevin shows! Hell, they cover both friggin lanes for miles! Worse than sheep in Wyoming!

24-Jan-19
In the words of John Coffey, "Mostly, I'm just tired of folks being mean to one another".

24-Jan-19
I agree with Idyll, nice 3.5 year old.

24-Jan-19
Awesome video Brad! Super funny.

25-Jan-19
"How did a video spark such a pissing match?"

This is what happens near the end of every hunting season...

25-Jan-19
All you cyclist hates can kiss my spandex wearing ass. Next time you roll a stop sign, drive over the speed limit, or break any other traffic laws that you frequently break, look at yourself before hating the guy on the bike. By the way, the guy on the bike also has a car or two, a drivers license, pays registration, buys gas where a road tax is include, etc. Slip into your lady spandex hunting clothes and go cool off. I have many times been swerved at while riding my bike on the shoulder, and yelled at to get out of the middle of the road. One time even while I was riding the ditch on my evil mountain bike. I will end with a quote from above.

"And by the way: The road is big enough for all, but not big enough for some."

25-Jan-19
I like the rumble of a Harley or a Muscle car anywhere.

25-Jan-19
I’m going to revert back to what should be a common thread in everything you do. Just because you have the right to be in the middle of a lane doesn’t mean you should use that right to inconvenience everyone else. If you can’t do the speed limit you should let people who can around you. Safely and legally. That means get out of the designated lane. If you can’t show respect don’t expect any in return. Period! Block the lane for too long without caring and my rear view mirror will miss you by half an inch.

25-Jan-19
What about vehicles putting under the speed limit in the left lane? What about vehicles putting under the speed limit on a 2 lane highway? Do you half inch them also?

25-Jan-19
It was all the deer's fault. No stop and no signal. Shot right across the road. Didn't even touch his horn.

25-Jan-19
Lots of kids out there riding bikes because they cant drive a car yet. I hope you don't run them off the road too. A guy almost hit my daughter once then slowed and yelled at her (12) to get off the road ! Well I was behind her following on my bike. I raced after that guy and caught him as he turned into his driveway. Lets just say he'll think twice about messing with a ladies spandex wearing cyclist or their kid again!

25-Jan-19
Mule (and others) just because you perceive someone as being rude to you doesn't mean you should put their life in jeopardy. Some cyclists are jerks and some drivers (seems like a lot by reading this thread!) are jerks.

Take a deep breath, calm down and let's get back to the topic of crashing into a deer. Whether you're in a vehicle, motorcycle or bicycle, hitting a deer is no Bueno...

25-Jan-19
Anyone.... cyclist, pedestrian, vehicle driver etc.... that comes charging into my driveway aggressively uninvited will be looking at the business end of a 9mm

25-Jan-19
So you are going to run over someones kid, then shoot them?

25-Jan-19
Seems you invited them when you ran over their kid.

25-Jan-19
Easy there PECO.... nobody ran over anybody....

The last time I ran someone over was August of 1987 when a drunk walked out in front of my semi..... Its not something anyone wants to do, believe me.

26-Jan-19
If none of us ever acted like douche bags maybe we'd all get along, and if frogs had wings...

Lucky that fella wasn't hurt worse. That's pretty scary stuff.

26-Jan-19
I like the john Wayne video lol

26-Jan-19
"Lets just say he'll think twice about messing with a ladies spandex wearing cyclist or their kid again!"

Timbrhuntr did you verbally or physically assault him in your spandex in HIS driveway? Not sure what your outcome would be in MY driveway. I guess that depends on the state.

You should be a little more cautious approaching people on their property. In the street, different story.

26-Jan-19
Is your driveway your safe place like your keyboard is Quinn? Most real men would have done the same as Timberhunter

26-Jan-19
Another tough guy that is going to run over someones kid, then shoot the parent of the kid in their driveway.

26-Jan-19
Peco learn to read. He said "A guy almost hit my daughter once then slowed and yelled at her" Almost is not run over. I am guessing there are two sides. Did he really almost run her over? Did he stop and yell at her because he did almost run her over and the yelling because she was not paying any attention or being safe and it was his way of trying to keep her from doing it again?

Us guys in CO that are sick of bicyclers (and New Yorkers). It not the little kids on bikes or the guy that it is his only mode or transportation. It the fellers in spandex riding a bike that cost as much as some cars that think there shit don't stink/most the people you see on bikes in the mountains.

I am not going to run them over or miss them by 1/2 inch with my mirror. But I will continue to honk at them to get over. If I see a ass hole on a bike and can do my part to educate, you can count on me to help.

26-Jan-19
I will agree with you on one thing, the price of bicycles is out of control.

26-Jan-19
"or miss them by 1/2 inch with my mirror" Great that you won't "buzz" us. Most of us obey the rules, understand that we have no chance against a vehicle and try to stay out of the way and safe. We have friends that have been hit, and at least one friend that has been hit and killed. On time I was honked and yelled at, called a spandex fag, while in a parking lot getting ready to ride a trail. The abuse we take while minding our own business and obeying the laws is really shitty. The number of times I have been yelled at, buzzed, or honked at when I was riding solo, on or even off the shoulder, completely off the road, with no other cars in sight, is crazy. Once I was even buzzed by a hippie van that was smoking bad, and probably off to a environmental protest. Sad.

26-Jan-19
You know you are a pain in the ass if the hippies are messing with you ;)-

26-Jan-19
The only thing I could think about is that would be me on my first ride on a new 5K electric bike!

27-Jan-19
Man I wish I could get that close to a coupes buck.

27-Jan-19
Coues

• Sitka Gear