MichaelWilliams 24-Jan-19
MichaelWilliams 24-Jan-19
Iowabowhunter 25-Jan-19
NoWiser 25-Jan-19
Buffalo1 25-Jan-19
otcWill 25-Jan-19
PECO 25-Jan-19
24-Jan-19
Was a member of GoHunt in the past, honestly I'm not sure it was worth $150 for me-im sure some really use it and good for them.

I'm paying for my wife to go to school, and honestly just dont have the additional money to throw at a research tool when I'm also saving up for optics.

What's a good resource for researching mule deer units in Colorado? I'm going to hit their website hard of course, just wondering if there were a NJ y other resources I could use.

Thanks

24-Jan-19
Toprut has some good info. They have a free section or you can pay a yearly fee of $9.99.

24-Jan-19
I don't know about the value of those sorts of tools because it seems like as soon as they publish their ranking of units, or whatever, the hunting pressure ramps up accordingly. Example: I used to like to rifle hunt pronghorns every few years for a diversion. My unit reliably took 5 points for a resident. Then a couple of the research tools outed it as having big bucks and lots of public land. True. Now it takes 17 points, creeping by one point a year, and it's not worth that.

CPW website is a good source. But understand that some units with good rifle success aren't good for archery, and vice versa. The interactive maps showing summer range, migration routes, and winter range are as valuable as anything. Then its up to you to find the deer. Good luck!

24-Jan-19
I need some additional info about that. Can you upload it here, please? Hope to see it soon.

24-Jan-19
I need some additional info about that. Can you upload it here, please? Hope to see it soon.

25-Jan-19
TTT

25-Jan-19
Toprut is your friend. I've had GoHunt and there's no way it's worth the additional cost, for me.

25-Jan-19
I found the best research comes from basics not a computer program that spits out an answer. Analyze kill data from game & fish departments, talk with area biologist, talk with Outfitter references (both successful and unsuccessful), network with other hunters who have hunted the area of interest and look at P&Y and B&C record books to see where trophies have been taken.

Success and trophy animals as seldom taken easily- they require planning and preparation to put you in the area of opportunity.

25-Jan-19
Word of mouth! Talk to people. COs, biologists, bowsiters who's opinions you trust, locals in the areas you're scoutn, business owners, taxidermists, butchers, landowners, etc. It's crazy what people will just offer up if you talk to them. So few are willing to reach out and ask informed questions but the ones that do end up with success. No Stone Unturned. Follow this simple advise and you will get what you're looking for. Good luck!

25-Jan-19
There is good info on the Colorado website. They do not tell you if the animals were killed on public or private land, so the success rate can be very misleading.

• Sitka Gear