Contributors to this thread:
Random Hoyt RX3 thoughts.
Picked up my RX3 Monday. Slowly building it up. Not much time as wrestling season is wrapping up.
random observations. Some have merit. Others do not.
1. I need a new bow press. Been wanting one anyway!
2. For $1,600...put the damn stickers on straight. The RX3 logo fell off.
3. I feel bad for you fellas that will be shooting the #2 cam in the 26.5# positions. NO valley. I went down to 26” and it’s OK. I am using the 80% mods but will try 85% for fun later.
4. Finish is OK.
5. I weighed my 2014 Spyder 34 and the RX3 totally loaded up. EXACT same weight! Like the RX3 feel better. Actually I have a lighter rest on the RX3 as well. Sort of disappointed about this
4. I transferred my 2 piece arrow rack and attempted to reproduce the Elevated 2 camp pattern with only 2 flat colors. Turned out OK.
5. Just need to tye in a peep and tune the rest before filging arrows. Looking forward to it.
More to come.
Glad you like it, I couldn't enjoy it when I shot it side by side to the other offerings this year, or next to my 15' Nutrum 34, not for 1600$ anyhow.
The number I one factor for me going with the RX3 is shoulder preservation due to the draw cycle. I shot them all and this draw cycle did it for me. The stupid high price of the bow is offset by deferring a FOURTH shoulder surgery for me. Personal preference of course.
In the interest of saving money, I reused my trusty 2 piece 4 arrow quiver and stabilizer. Well, it didn’t match so of course I made an attempt to duplicate the Elevated 2 pattern with the couple colors so happed to have.
You matched the quiver and stabilizer pretty darn good!
My wife has a machine that cuts stencils on stickers. All I had to do was draw a pattern in AutoCAD. Fun stuff. Ironically, I don’t wear much camo though!