yeager 18-Feb-19
7mm08 20-Feb-19
7mm08 20-Feb-19
tobinsghost 20-Feb-19
ELKMAN 20-Feb-19
Adventurewriter 20-Feb-19
Cheesehead 20-Feb-19
24-Jan-19
I was gifted some ground antelope (about 3 pounds) for doing a co-worker a work favor. What are the best ways to prepare it without hiding the flavor. I've only had antelope steaks before & thought it was some of the best meat I've had.

24-Jan-19
Spaghetti, meatloaf, tacos, burgers

24-Jan-19
Without hiding the flavor, meat loaf or burgers. Jerky even. Most burger dishes require seasoning or sauce (tacos and spaghetti) and that will hide the flavor.

24-Jan-19
I like to add browned antelope burger to Progresso Vegetable Barley soup. Simmer and serve

Good stuff on a winter evening

24-Jan-19
The natural sage-yness makes it really good in breakfast sausage IMO. Goat sausage breakfast burritos are a staple during hunting season in our camp. Poudre

24-Jan-19
Best meat other than oryx it is easy to over cook just say heat over it and its done

24-Jan-19
if made into burger, do not cover with catsup or mustard to preserve the wild meat taste.

24-Jan-19
the best meat. love it

24-Jan-19
I shot two does last season and one processed into several types of sausage. I boned the other one out , froze it at my buddy's home and brought it home frozen. I ground all of it and vacuumed packed it to use many ways. So far the straight patties have been great along with one batch of spaghetti using Prego meat sauce.

24-Jan-19
Any beef or pork fat added to the ground? If so, the flavor will be altered a bit already. If not, as has been said, don’t over cook for burgers, tacos, etc. Jerky with the ground is a favorite...

24-Jan-19
A thick burger patty with a little garlic salt and pepper, medium rare, no bun, with a side of sauteed mushrooms and 2 eggs over easy. Serve with a big salad.

24-Jan-19
"Hamburger steak" trips my trigger, but we use it just like deer. I love it, but I guess I'm permanently out of it now, so I replace it with Axis.

24-Jan-19
We just eat burgers. Last night we ate stuffed peppers. That’s good too

24-Jan-19
Sounds good everyone. Thanks!

Midwest....think I'll try that first with some Chantrelle's the wife & I picked last summer. Sounds about perfect!

24-Jan-19
midwest and drycreek hit the nail on the head.Jus good ol' undoctored meat!

25-Jan-19
I like to just put a lil' Olive oil in the fry pan and cook it with onions, peppers, mushrooms and some cauliflower heads.

Enjoy!

Good luck, Robb

25-Jan-19
My favorite meat.

25-Jan-19
Antelope is yummy!

25-Jan-19
I have a VERY bland palate, so everyone chiming in with "onions, peppers" etc. makes me cringe. Since the question is how NOT to hide the flavor, good ol' burgers are my recommendation. Don't over cook any game meat.

25-Jan-19
Meatloaf, look up Hank Shaw's or Steve Rinella's recipes...

25-Jan-19
...and don't you dare put ketchup on it!

26-Jan-19
Surfbow.....I have Steve's cookbook & I'm not a ketchup on meatloaf kinda guy. ;)

26-Jan-19
Man, Smarba you are in the wrong place to be bland! Fabulous chili dishes down there and figured it would have rubbed off on you by now!

I am with you on the antelope burger deal though. Great just with a little garlic salt and pepper as a burger. No need to hide anything in antelope meat!

13-Feb-19
My fa vo rite.

18-Feb-19
Bratz

18-Feb-19
A friend gave me some burritos she made. She made the ground antelope into churizzo, and the burritos were just meat and cheese. Those things were amazing!

18-Feb-19
It is also great in chili, as is bear, elk, etc.

20-Feb-19
Kefta Kabobs!

20-Feb-19
Kefta Kabobs! With home made tzaziki sauce.

20-Feb-19
My wife and 13 year old prefer antelope over everything else except whitetail backstrap and tenderloins.

20-Feb-19
Patty up and throw it on the grill

20-Feb-19
Smarmba is right don't over cook with antelope just say the word Heat and its done

20-Feb-19
Tacos tonight!

• Sitka Gear