Franklin 28-Mar-19
'Ike' (Phone) 29-Mar-19
TEmbry 29-Mar-19
Lost Man 30-Mar-19
Nick Muche 30-Mar-19
Kevin Dill 31-Mar-19
24-Jan-19

spike78's Link
Not sure if this was posted but what do you think of the sentence? Disgusting shooting cubs.

24-Jan-19
You could almost argue that killing the cubs was the only merciful thing that could be done at that point, but the rest of their actions make it pretty clear that they just don’t function on that wavelength....

Pretty flipppin’ pathetic....

24-Jan-19
Brad, I think Alaska fish and game don't mess around. I think the sentence is a good one and probably tougher than he'd get in any other State. Forfeiting boats, vehicles and guns is gonna hurt! I'd always like to see these clowns get more time though....

24-Jan-19
You got to wonder just WTF people are thinking that do that.

24-Jan-19
One more thing to add to their sentence:place these two between a sow and her cubs putting them where they can't get away from mama bear.

24-Jan-19
Pathetic. Only hope here is that the general public understands that they were in no way hunters ... just a couple of goons with guns with no appreciation for wildlife or ethics for that matter. Would have loved to have seen the look on their face when they denied it and then the officers told them "we have undeniable video evidence".

24-Jan-19
Interesting story. A few years back two hunters here in Colorado killed a bear that was in its den (cave). They had found tracks leading in. Went and purchased a left over bear tag and came back and with a flashlight, spotted the bear and killed it. Turning out to be one of the largest bears even to be killed in Colorado.

This action led the Colorado Wildlife Commission to approve and then add to the "Illegal To Do section" of the big game brochure, ie, illegal to bother or killed a bear in its den"

At the time it was not illegal but surely deemed unethical.

24-Jan-19
So was is bear season when they killed the mother?

24-Jan-19
Mmm... cubs

24-Jan-19
I they took the momma bear home...that could be forfieted too. Storing illegally taken game.

24-Jan-19
No closed season on black bears in many parts of Alaska, most of PWS as well.

Can’t shoot a sow with cubs though. Likely shot the sow and realized it had Cubs. Pretty piss poor situation they got themselves in.

28-Mar-19

marktm250's Link
Not that we needed any more bad publicity here, but now the game camera video is top of front page on dailymail.com. I don't even know what to call these guys or what planet they are from. Of course, they had to be shirtless as well.

28-Mar-19
I don't want to sound like a PETA member here, but I wonder how Renner would feel if some guy broke into his house and shot his wife and kid while they slept in their beds. Just saying...

28-Mar-19
Pretty expensive lesson for stupidity.

28-Mar-19
Expensive? Slap on the wrist imo.

28-Mar-19
The big pinch comes with the suspension of any hunting for 10 years in not just Alaska but in almost all of the U.S.

28-Mar-19
With his comments in the video, they should have taken it for the rest of his life. What a moron.

28-Mar-19
x2 Nick. The comments they made were the most telling. They should never be allowed in the woods again. Disgraceful.

28-Mar-19
So does anyone here really think banning them from buying hunting licenses is going to stop them from hunting, they're such sticklers for obeying the law anyway.

28-Mar-19
"So does anyone here really think banning them from buying hunting licenses is going to stop them from hunting, they're such sticklers for obeying the law anyway."

No but taking their boat, truck, guns, phones, skis, etc, fining them 9 grand with 11 grand suspended hanging over their heads might make them think twice.

28-Mar-19
idiots

28-Mar-19
Horrible

28-Mar-19
Pieces of sh-t.

28-Mar-19
This is a slap on the wrist and a outrage. Taking away a poacher`s hunting privileges is a joke....they obviously don`t honor them any way. Lifetime ban and a year in prison along with $10,000 for each animal.

28-Mar-19
Agree with Franklin.

28-Mar-19
Yup more jail time poachers don't care about game laws!! I agree though that Alaska id tough on poachers. In NY they would of paid a 1500 dollar fine and got 3 months probation and lost their licenses for a year!! Shawn

28-Mar-19
And the headline reads "Killed by hunters"... great.

This is just the kind of garbage they ran nonstop on TV during our bear campaign. And people who don't know better watch it over and over, and in the booth they vote against us...

28-Mar-19
X2 Jaq....this was an episode of "Cops". Who hunts without a shirt on.

29-Mar-19
No words...

29-Mar-19
I think what they did is disgusting, but I also can’t see how guys label a 6 figure loss plus 10 years of hunting rights as a light sentence.

Forfeiture of all gear involved as well as the truck and boat is a huge financial loss.

Not to sound like I don’t care about situations like this, but the main thing that upsets me is the fact there was a trail camera there to capture it all for PETA to run nonstop in their campaigns to sway the public’s view of hunting.

30-Mar-19
Pretty big financial hit but not enough for what they did. I’d imagine they’ll be getting some pretty frequent visits from the local warden too for the next decade or so. I had a dumba** friend who shot a deer a week early on land he just purchased and lived on. Turns out a warden was looking for illegal ATV riders on the public land behind his new house and happened to bust him with the deer. He got fined pretty hard and guess who paid him a visit that spring turkey season? The same warden and this time he pointed out some old corn from a feeder behind his house. Cited him for baiting turkey, he went to court and lost, was fined heavily and lost his license for 2 years. He gave another friend who was a new hunter permission to deer hunt his land that fall since he couldn’t. Guess who showed up? Same warden, cited the friend for improper orange and a few other things that cost the newby $380 in fines and a mark against his license. Now nobody hunts the land, his dream come true turned in to a nightmare over a dumb decision. This will likely follow these guys.

30-Mar-19
Trevor, had there been NO camera, I’d be “ok” with the punishment. But since there was a camera and I was able to see how these assholes acted as well as heard what they said.....in my opinion they got a slap on the wrist. They knew what they were doing was wrong. Now, because of their ridiculous decisions the hunting community is on their heels trying to disassociate with what the main stream media has labeled as Hunters in that video and all the news articles.

31-Mar-19
Misdemeanor crimes? Unclear.....

• Sitka Gear