BOWNBIRDHNTR 29-Jan-19
TD 29-Jan-19
Brotsky 29-Jan-19
26-Jan-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
If he ever acts up he’s dead meat.

26-Jan-19
Probably better eating than those mule deer;-)

26-Jan-19
Only once. It was either the horse or the guide.

26-Jan-19
Great pic!! Any details available??

26-Jan-19
Talk about a great decoying situation! Wouldn’t want that “pack animal” with me during rifle season tho!

26-Jan-19
You been reading Louis L’Amour’s recently or what?

26-Jan-19
Worlds smallest Elk and smallest Deer... Louis is god.

26-Jan-19
Not recently, but read everything he wrote:-)

26-Jan-19
I've heard donkey/mule is actually quite good. I wish there was a season on all these desert burros.

26-Jan-19
Have all his paperbacks in my shed (Louis)2 copies of some. Great read on rainy hunt days.

27-Jan-19
Not sure that pack critter would work out too well in the rut though.....unless you wanted quite a ride.

27-Jan-19
Idyll,

An open season on all the feral horses across the west would certainly help as well. I would certainly sign up!

27-Jan-19
Yeah, I want a rutty bull within arms' reach behind me on the trail in the fall...I applaud that guy's "thinking out of the box" mentality though...

27-Jan-19
How did he get that pack elk in the plane?

Or did he just rope and rough break a new bull every trip?

27-Jan-19
I want to watch as he tries to get his elk inside that plane for the ride home. LOL

27-Jan-19
Had a lazy llama once but didn’t want to eat him . We did think about using him as bear bait

27-Jan-19
Think I’d stick to reindeer.....

28-Jan-19
I think the term burrito came from Mexican packers who got fed up with their stubborn burros.

29-Jan-19
Actually Mule Power, we had a burro named "Burrito" when I was a kid. Burrito wouldn't let anyone near his favorite mare, he was a real stubborn ass...

29-Jan-19
When working in Italy last fall I ate a "puledra steak", which is a young horse. It was great. It was better than any of the beef steak that I had in Italy. Not sure that it was ever used as a pack animal though.

29-Jan-19
I would think the pack animal pictured would be delicious but I heard donkey, burro and mule all taste like A$$....

29-Jan-19
Never ate em..... wanted to kill em more than couple times.....

That's a great pic. Love to see a video of em loading up though...... I imagine an epic rodeo or three..... if mules or horses had antlers the mountain trails would be littered with bodies......

And I believe kind of a rare old plane, a Waco radial engine biplane from the 1930s.

In one pic...... quite an insight as to the adventure some folks lived as life back in the day,,,,

29-Jan-19
You guys are missing the next level thinking employed here. If we can rope and break our bulls and get them to walk themselves back to the trailhead before we shoot them think of all the packing effort we can save!

• Sitka Gear