BOWNUT 28-Jan-19
MF 28-Jan-19
brettpsu 28-Jan-19
brettpsu 28-Jan-19
GLB 28-Jan-19
Glunt@work 28-Jan-19
PA-R 28-Jan-19
27-Jan-19
Looking for ideas to strap a Recurve to the pack for hands free climbing in the hill country. I have put mine under the lid when not bush whacking and clearance is not a problem. But looking for ideas to strap it more vertically without having to break it down.

27-Jan-19
Wrap it (unstrung) in your coat or other spare article and then a couple bunjis should do it. Going crosswise is risky since it's so easy to fall.

The bunjis allow it to flex is you fall. Try not to make the strapping too stiff

27-Jan-19
Many packs have options to strap your stickbow yo your pack. I stop my longbow to my pack when I'm in Arizona all the time. It was a small pouch that pulls out of the bottom to protect the bottom limb, then straps that secure the riser.

27-Jan-19
I have a Wes Wallace 2 piece longbow that I have broken down for this reason and can put together very quickly and ready to go, takes up no room that strap to the pack along w/ the quiver. Compact and out of the way.

27-Jan-19
I thought about making a sling to carry cross ways on the back/pack or under the armpit along my side to snake through brush.

27-Jan-19
It sucks. No two ways about it. No fun carrying it in one hand with trekking pole in the other. No fun on pack through brush or steep slopes. Never would I leave it unstrung in my pack either. I just came to grips with knowing it’ll suck either way.

27-Jan-19
I just strap it to my pack (MR Pintler) with broadheads facing down at a slight angle on pack cinch down and go my bow is a titan 62 inches long.

27-Jan-19
A helium balloon will float that bow next to or behind you, ready for action. It works even better if the balloon is camo.

27-Jan-19
The heck with it, use it as a climbing stick as Nick mentions. I know he doe not say that but I carry the recurve in one hand and a walking stick in the other sometimes. I do quite a few hang and hunts in the mid west and just carry it. Shawn

28-Jan-19

BOWNUT's Link
If you like a back quiver this could work. Shrew Bows.

28-Jan-19
How do you get a heavy pack on with a recurve strapped to it?

28-Jan-19

brettpsu's embedded Photo
brettpsu's embedded Photo
Kifaru gun bearer worked pretty good for me.

28-Jan-19
I've done it with and without quiver on.

28-Jan-19
^^^ that might be a good option.

28-Jan-19
I just toss it up the hill, climb up, toss again, repeat. Just kidding...sort of

28-Jan-19
looks good, Brettpsu, good ideee.

• Sitka Gear