MuleyBum 27-Jan-19
sitO 27-Jan-19
Paul@thefort 27-Jan-19
27-Jan-19
Yep, and that is very good news indeed.

27-Jan-19
It’s a Tragedy

27-Jan-19
I don’t have a strong opinion on their music, but my father falls uncontrollably into furious fits of wailing and a gnashing of teeth whenever he hears the Bee Gee’s. I’m not exaggerating....I played some unexpectedly when I visited home for Christmas and he lost it.

27-Jan-19
Didn't care much for them back then because I was more from the "disco sucks" side. Now when I hear one of their songs, I actually enjoy it.

27-Jan-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
And this mornings goose hunt. Cool Man.
And this mornings goose hunt. Cool Man.
No, NO, NO, not thoes Bee Gees, these BGs, Buck and Geese.

27-Jan-19

I moved the goose blind across the field to give the geese a different view of the decoys. In doing so the big Mule Deer buck showed up in the adjacent field.
I moved the goose blind across the field to give the geese a different view of the decoys. In doing so the big Mule Deer buck showed up in the adjacent field.
and an hour later three geese dropped in for a look
and an hour later three geese dropped in for a look
I picked out the closest one and let an arrow fly.
I picked out the closest one and let an arrow fly.
dropped in its tracks, number 66
dropped in its tracks, number 66

27-Jan-19
That's the BG's I like!

27-Jan-19

its mate knew something was up and started walking. Arrow on its way
its mate knew something was up and started walking. Arrow on its way
A near miss, some feathers, it did not stick around. smart goose.
A near miss, some feathers, it did not stick around. smart goose.

27-Jan-19
Ohhhhhhh. I like these BG's

27-Jan-19

an hour later I ended the hunt for the day. Not bad, one kill, one miss and a couple of other possibilities..
an hour later I ended the hunt for the day. Not bad, one kill, one miss and a couple of other possibilities..
While out hunting for the arrow, (should know better) a few geese showed up and wanted to land but, (the big guy was standing in the middle of the field) Bad! Now only once but twice.

27-Jan-19

Used 5 feeder Ultimate Wind Drifter Decoys, and use a large nail and hammer to make the decoy stake holes as the ground is frozen. A power drill will work also.
Used 5 feeder Ultimate Wind Drifter Decoys, and use a large nail and hammer to make the decoy stake holes as the ground is frozen. A power drill will work also.
you will loose them if you do not make a rap of orange tape on the stakes and wires as shown. Easy to find if dropped or left in the field. Same for turkey decoys.
you will loose them if you do not make a rap of orange tape on the stakes and wires as shown. Easy to find if dropped or left in the field. Same for turkey decoys.

27-Jan-19
I prefer Air Supply as in "I'm all out of blood" when on a recovery trail. I think that you may know the feeling that I just hate and hope it does not happen often to us.

27-Jan-19

I did the same tape on the arrow shafts and have not lost one this season. Easy to see in the grass.

27-Jan-19
Way to keep after ' em Paul.

27-Jan-19
Great pics. and tips. What bh do you prefer for for these big birds?.....,.badbull

27-Jan-19

Bob, I have killed over 100 birds, 66 geese and 54 turkeys with the 125 gr NAP Shockwave mech. Walmart use to carry them and on sale for 3 for $19.

Strong BH, blades and tip can be resharpened and blades (from other shockwave salavage) can be unscrewed and exchanged if bent . I purchased a few back in the day, and they just keep on giving. I do not use them for big game. Recently I purchased 3 packs, on sale for $9, Rocky Warheads from Walmart. Have not use them yet but will try them for turkeys. Paul

27-Jan-19
Paul, those are amazing numbers! Thanks for the bh info, l will look for some 125 gr. Shockwaves for turkey and possible use on Honkers that come into my brother's apple orchard. (Never killed a goose with my bow) Good hunting,...........badbull

27-Jan-19
Or as we call them around here......SKY CARP! ;-)

27-Jan-19
LMAO ! Paul, somehow I knew you were pulling our collective legs !

27-Jan-19
Come on Don, I would not do that. Well, got to make goose hunting with the bow interesting. Paul

27-Jan-19
Congrats again on another successful, thanks for sharing.

27-Jan-19
I once had my string slip off the top nock as I was pulling back to shoot my bow. Scared the BEE GEESus out of me! I'm here to tell you it's not a moment I want to experience again.

27-Jan-19
Paul I believe you may in fact be the "GBM"...bettin you can figure out what that means ;)

After setting out over 100 goose deke's this morning and not shooting a goose, I think I need to change some tactics! We did shoot some ducks, but the geese here just weren't playing the game today.

27-Jan-19
sito, here is now the geese see it. They fly over your set up and see guys with 12 gage shotguns shooting 3 inch #2 shot, and they think better of it. When they fly over my spread and see me with bow in hand, well you get the point. The geese think, "you got to be kidding" and in they come but to their demise. Presentation and mind over matter. my best, Paul

• Sitka Gear