relliK reeD 15-Feb-19
Frankieg 20-Feb-19
Indiana35 23-Feb-19
Jaquomo 23-Feb-19
I-35er 13-Nov-21
I-35er 13-Nov-21
I-35er 13-Nov-21
28-Jan-19
I just ordered an E-bike from a Canadian company named Biktrix out of Saskatoon? Anyone have any experience with these guys?

28-Jan-19
Here you go Pat !!

28-Jan-19
I don't recommend any one to do a test drive on one of these, unless you have a few grand laying around you want to spend. I was blown away how fun and effective it will be as a hunting tool. I was Ice fishing this past weekend when a guy blew past me on one heading to a far off cove. Six inches of snow hardly slowed him down and he was fishing in five minutes. Would have taken me a half hour pulling my sled to get where he was.

28-Jan-19
I've done a ton of research on these ebikes and have seen and heard nothing but good on Biktrix. They are not marketed towards the hunting crowd like Quietkat, Rambo etc, but are built with better components and the overall specs are setup for the ultimate hunting bike. When I scrape up the money they will be on my short list. Would also love to hear from someone with hands on knowledge of one. Congrats on the purchase, hope it doesn't knock your dikn the drt.

28-Jan-19
Not to be confused with Dikpix or Diktrix.

29-Jan-19
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Idyllwild !!! Please, no Dikpix here.

05-Feb-19
I just got my E-bike from Biktrix yesterday. Had it assembled and running in about 1 hour. Oh my heck, what a game changer this bike is going to be. It came about 75% charged, I couldn't get off the dang thing....so much fun I rode it around my house and neighborhood until way after dark. I rode right up on 2 nice Muley buck that are wintering in my back yard, they just layed there and watched me get to within 30 feet before they got up out of their beds. Yes Pat was right these thing are amazing. Cant wait for spring turkey and shed hunting.

05-Feb-19
"Here you go Pat !!" Haha, Bill that was exact first thought!

05-Feb-19
I have actually been looking at these bikes for quite some time,long before Pats Review. I was hoping the price would drop to where I could justify the expense. At my age the ability to access the backcountry for extended days was becoming a little too much. I am now thinking I will have another 5-7 years to hunt back in!

05-Feb-19
I've actually mounted a tripod to the handlebars for my crossbow for drive by deer hunting. Whacking and stacking next year.

05-Feb-19
Haha dont let the cat out of the bag Dik, these really are game changers, and the slower they are to catch on the better. Thanks for the update. Those that have experience on an Ebike know what you're talking about. Everyone else can eat your dust on the trail!

05-Feb-19
Seems like the standard ebikes have 500W motors, how much of a difference do you guys think you see in 1000W motors vs the 500?

05-Feb-19
Depends on the motor, a mid drive motor typically produces more torque for uphill runs. The Juggernaut has 1000 watt mid drive motor and will do great. Mid drive sits in the middle of the bike and utilizes the chain. Most of your Rambo/Rad bikes have a hub drive meaning it spins your back tire. Even if your chain broke you could still throttle your back tire to get out. Both have their pros and cons 500 watt imo wouldn't cut it out west hunting elk etc. Would probably do fine hunting midwest whitetails on the farm. When you start researching these things you realize how many options are out there. I like the Juggernaut, but the price point on a Rad Rover 750 watt is enticing. Maybe Dik can give us a review after he gets a few miles on his!

06-Feb-19
Looking at their website, it looks like Biktrix only has bikes with a 1000 watt motor. To be able to use an ebike on public lands (where allowed), you will usually be restricted to a 750 watt motor. The best 750 watt ebikes that I have seen are from Backcountry eBikes (which use a Bafang Ultra motor, this is the absolute best motor available today). Quietkat bikes are extremely well built as well, but they haven't gone to the Ultra motor on their hunting bikes yet.

07-Feb-19
Go with at least a 750 watt, 1000 is better... most forest LEO's dont carry watt meters:)

08-Feb-19

eBike John's Link
I used to list Biktrix on my ebike store, the bikes are well built, I took the down because the owner would tell me the bikes were in stock and only after I sold one for him he'd tell me there was a month delay, making me look shady. Glad you like it. I've also sold a bunch of Quietkat, Rambo and of late BackCountry eBikes. In particular the Mule by BackCountry eBikes. As Olink says, it has the Bafang Ultra mid drive which is the latest and greatest motor out there. The founders are 2 hunters from utah and built it for themselves and everyone loves it. cost less than the 1000 watt Rambo and Quietkat too. I'll drop a link to show you...

08-Feb-19
I looked at back country as they are only an hour away from me. I had a budget of 3k or less. Because of the favorable exchange between a canadian dollar and an american dollar, plus some discount incentives I was able to get a 4k bike for 2500. So far so good as far as customer support . I still think they are all overpriced but if you want to play you gotta pay. Sure is hard to find a used one for sale !

08-Feb-19
I bow hunted after a Kansas snow storm on my new Ebike this past fall. Then rifle hunted a mile from the truck in Oklahoma. Loved it, wish I had one years ago. I let my grown son try it out, he now has his own. It doesn't do well on a muddy road, in the bar ditch, it was a breeze.

08-Feb-19
Biktrix offers the Ultra motor in a full suspension fat bike. Heard rumors they are also coming out with a 750w mid drive, with extras for under $2k.

08-Feb-19
Well if you do go for an Ultra mid drive just adk the dealer if the Ultra has the teflon gear inside or uses all steel. Reason being, the Ultra is the best motor but the one weak spot is out of the3 inner gears 2 are steel and one is teflon to make it really silent but the teflon gear can get chewed up. BackCountry eBikes sell the Ultra mid drive with all 3 steel gears so that doesn’t happen and it’s no louder. Just something to consider as that detail is never listed anywhere

08-Feb-19
Good to know thanks John! Lots to learn and consider on these things.

Brun is that what you ride???

10-Feb-19
I also like the fact that biktrix is plug and play you can swap out for a bigger battery, or motor in the future. They offer a 20ah battery now which gives you several more miles. I cant make up my mind between the 26 wheel and 4inch fat tire or a 29 with a 3inch?

10-Feb-19
How suceptible to flats

10-Feb-19
3d I like that fact too. I'm thinking of the Juggernaut HD with the high end battery then adding the low end battery at the discounted price to bring with me as a back up in the backcountry. I sure like the 4" tires, but to Bous point they are all pretty susceptible to flats. Going tubeless seems to be the way to go.

15-Feb-19
Interesting information here. I to have been looking at ebikes very hard and done a ton of research. Really appreciate the info John and the fact that you offer us a discount. Will be pulling the trigger on one soon. Have anyone ever looked at the voltbike Yukon 750 limited? the price point looks good and reviews as well. just seems abit heavey but at 6-2 and 225lbs that may be ok

20-Feb-19
Hi everyone I purchased a rip current s from juiced bikes even has cruise I haven't road a bike in 50 years so it took me a while to research a hunting bike and being older and fat and short lol I only got about 100miles of wash board roads .and a new seat so far it's great .I need a sling for my bow yet . The laws are strict in Oregon for e bikes so not as many roads .but I'll be good on gravel by hunting season.

23-Feb-19
Twinetickler, which is quite? Mid drive utilizing chain? or Hub motors?

23-Feb-19
I installed tire liners and TruGoo in my 4" and ride a lot of rough stuff with sharp rocks. Zero issues with flats. Then I rode over a discarded Russian Olive branch with huge thorns beside the street down in town and got flats front and rear.

I'm just learning about tubeless but understand they aren't "flat proof", correct?

Indiana, I have a mid drive and my ex-GF has a rear hub drive. Honestly, the noise from the tires is way louder than any hum from either assist motor.

13-Nov-21
I bought the Juggernaut Ultra 1000 in November of 2018. I only used it in Iowa to get to and from my stands and to check cameras. Just last week, after only logging 205 miles on it, the rear hub shot craps. I was out of the 5000 km/1 year warranty period. Most importantly, I was disappointed that this happened after only 205 miles and right in the middle of archery season. And my local bike shop told me that the hub failed because it was inadequate for the weight of the bike and the amount of torque from the motor. Even though I was outside the warranty period, I thought that Biktrix would stand behind their product and send me a new hub. Instead, I had to buy one from Biktrix and pay for shipping. I couldn't find this size hub locally, so my hands were tied in terms of options. I do have the 4" tires, and there aren't alot of bike shops that carry that size. Thus, it is hard to find parts. As far as other aspects of the bike, don't buy fenders. They are poorly mounted and make a lot of noise. For purposes of protecting your backside, you can zip tie onto the back rack a piece of rubber mat. The front light is worthless; goes in and out due to shoddy wiring. So, plan on buying your own handle bar mounted light.

13-Nov-21
I bought the Juggernaut Ultra 1000 in November of 2018. I only used it in Iowa to get to and from my stands and to check cameras. Just last week, after only logging 205 miles on it, the rear hub shot craps. I was out of the 5000 km/1 year warranty period. Most importantly, I was disappointed that this happened after only 205 miles and right in the middle of archery season. And my local bike shop told me that the hub failed because it was inadequate for the weight of the bike and the amount of torque from the motor. Even though I was outside the warranty period, I thought that Biktrix would stand behind their product and send me a new hub. Instead, I had to buy one from Biktrix and pay for shipping. I couldn't find this size hub locally, so my hands were tied in terms of options. I do have the 4" tires, and there aren't alot of bike shops that carry that size. Thus, it is hard to find parts. As far as other aspects of the bike, don't buy fenders. They are poorly mounted and make a lot of noise. For purposes of protecting your backside, you can zip tie onto the back rack a piece of rubber mat. The front light is worthless; goes in and out due to shoddy wiring. So, plan on buying your own handle bar mounted light.

13-Nov-21

• Sitka Gear