Mule Power 28-Jan-19
Cheesehead Mike 28-Jan-19
fastflight 28-Jan-19
Topgun 30-06 29-Jan-19
Mule Power 29-Jan-19
grossklw 29-Jan-19
Mule Power 29-Jan-19
28-Jan-19
I have 4 points and am putting in for general elk tonight. I am doing the conservation stamp right away. I also see the credit card charge. Do I have the option of getting the archery license right now or does everybody wait to draw and then buy this later?

Am I correct that I will be able to bow hunt on this general elk license in September and go back late October with a rifle by buying this archery license. Thank you

28-Jan-19
Yes with 4 for gen tag just buy everything up front. No sense waiting and forgetting

28-Jan-19
Wait. They don't refund and something could happen to cause you to cancel the hunt. Pay cash at a store and save 2.5% on the 72 buck archery stamp.

28-Jan-19
Wait. They don't refund and something could happen to cause you to cancel the hunt. Pay cash at a store and save 2.5% on the 72 buck archery stamp.

***If he waits to do that, I'd suggest he only apply for his license online and also wait to buy his Conservation Stamp at a store too since the 2.5% credit card fee is not applied to license or stamp purchases made at authorized license selling agents.

28-Jan-19
You'll spend more in gas getting off the freeway and driving into town to Walmart to save a couple dollars. If you get your conservation stamp when you order your license, I'm pretty sure it's printed on your tag which means one less thing to forget, one less thing to print, and one less thing to carry. Not sure if the archery stamp prints on your tag if you draw - WY's never been a sure thing for me so I've never bought the stamp till I drew.

28-Jan-19
“With 4 points you can guarantee a 2 ptr a license too”

Yes and no. You could have another guy on your application in the Special draw and with a 2 point average be guaranteed tags. But you need more than 2 for a slam dunk in the Regular drawing. Good luck. I submitted my application tonight too. $1321 with the app fee, conservation stamp and cc fee. I still need the otc special management stamp too! If I miss an elk hopefully I’ll strike oil like ol Jed Klampett did to cover the cost. Even though I knew what the total would be when I looked at it I thought I cannot imagine spending that much for a tag if I didn’t know exactly where to find bulls! A gambler I am not!

28-Jan-19
Last year I bought everything ahead of time except the Elk Special Management (feed ground) Permit and it was a little bit of a pain in the butt finding a place to buy one on the way to my hunt. This year I'll buy everything online after I draw so I don't have to worry about it.

28-Jan-19
Thanks guys. I went ahead and did it all tonight although the archery license ended up as a separate transaction. I just couldn't figure out how to get everything in the same purchase. Anyway, it worked. Another question, am I right thinking that I cant start preference points back up until 2020 or can I purchase a point in 2019 to be used in 3 years or whatever a general license takes in 2022.

29-Jan-19
From: fastflight 28-Jan-19From: fastflight 28-Jan-19 Thanks guys. I went ahead and did it all tonight although the archery license ended up as a separate transaction. I just couldn't figure out how to get everything in the same purchase. Anyway, it worked. Another question, am I right thinking that I cant start preference points back up until 2020 or can I purchase a point in 2019 to be used in 3 years or whatever a general license takes in 2022.

***You will lose your 4 PPS when you draw that first choice elk tag this year and then won't be able to buy one until the summer of 2020 that won't be good until the draw in 2021.

29-Jan-19
Ohio hunter... gotcha! Very true!

No point this year FF. Either a first choice license OR a point in any one year. That’s one reason I help guys if I have enough points to. Down the road they may be able to return the favor. Why apply with more than you need if you can help another hunter at no cost to yourself?

29-Jan-19
Mule Power gets it, someone else could return the favor at some point. It literally wouldn't cost you anything other than 20 seconds of time to add a guy to your app that has 1 or 2 points and you'll still draw. Fastflight I'd see if you have any buddies or let someone on here go party app with you to guarantee their tag (if they are a 1 or 2 point guy), could help you at some point in the future. I'm not asking for me either, we're just north of 2 points in my group but I hope you add someone to your app that could need it :)

29-Jan-19
I’ve even paid guys for their extra points to jump on board. Why not... I’d be happy to buy them myself if they’d sell me more.

• Sitka Gear