svrelk 24-Mar-19
svrelk 24-Mar-19
29-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Ruger 556 in .223
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Ruger 556 in .223
'Morning All,

I have been out a couple times this winter and it has been between -18 with wind to calm and light Snow.

I've modified my set-up to stay out longer and get more remote.

Thanks for taking the time to view.

#LovinLife

Robb

29-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I'm using the Primos Boss Dogg and have had good results with it's operation in the below freezing weather.

I have been Very happy with my Kings Camo/Snow pattern, if anything it is to warm as I am snowshoeing into my set-up spots.

29-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Yes, even though I am a bachelor, I still do most of my lil' job stuff out in my garage as it stays 55--60 degrees during the winter, plus it keeps my home clean!!

I decided to put everything in a small sled ($25.00 via A-Prime) as it slides across the snow and when I had everything on my back I would sink a foot in the snow even with snowshoes on and man-O-man that gets a guy sweating Quick!

29-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been using hand warmers to keep all my battery stuff warm in the Top Pocket on my Gunrunner back pack (Eberlestock)

29-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Very nice and it all rides just fine
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Very nice and it all rides just fine

29-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I had such a damn hassle folding up my pop-Up blind that I use in the field that I have 'practiced' in the garage, up/fold down and repeat!!

I think I have it good to go...….I hope! haha

29-Jan-19
No gym this early AM as I am off to hunt some Yotes and see how my modifications are going to play out.

Thanks again

Good luck, Robb

29-Jan-19
well put together. I use a tensing predator back back and a bushmaster predator in 223 or a ruger 204

29-Jan-19
Robb,nice set up.A passion of mine as well.I have too much gear to mention frankly,including rifles.

Most of the time I use a custom 220 swift improved(50 gr Nosler BTs at 4300)but have 5-6 rifles dedicated to doing it including a 204 R AR.

I use hand calls(about 15 models)and electronics,primarily a Shockwave but have Lucky Ducks,WTs etc as well.

Use snow shoes a lot(prefer long wooden models for 'glide' and stability)and definitely need them here in NE SoDak this year.Fun but work. Often use a small sled like you as well and if hunting in more remote areas entailing longer walks(NoDak,Mt etc)often a slightly bigger sled with wood runners(noise and 'glide' again)so if shoot multiples,get everything out in one trip. As to packs,occ use a Kifaru Tarryall but most of the time an old thick beat up 'book bag' that my wife used to own.:-)Light tan,painted spotty white and near indestructible.

Normally be out calling at dawn but we are now minus 16 and dropping with 20 plus mph winds.Guess will hit near minus 40 with minus 60 windchills the next few days so at my age will sit it out awhile. Good hunting to you!

29-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I shoot a .243 Remington model 660 carbine [mfg 1970]

55gr Nosler ballistic tip pushed by 42 grs of Varget.

Typically hike out and hand call, shoot, and drag the flea bag back to the truck

29-Jan-19

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
My brothers and my best day, in blue jeans.
LINK's embedded Photo
My brothers and my best day, in blue jeans.
22-.250 Remington 700 sps. NF scope, Sierra bullets with 37 grain Hodgens H 414. Hand calls are my bro elk call and my varminter tweety by Randy Anderson, it has brought more coyotes to their demise than mange. ;)

29-Jan-19

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
This pile liked my Sitka traverse jacket in subalpine, with blue jeans and a carhart vest.
LINK's embedded Photo
This pile liked my Sitka traverse jacket in subalpine, with blue jeans and a carhart vest.
LINK's embedded Photo
I’ve even called coyotes while my kids are wearing mis matched “camo”. If they are close enough to dislike my camo more than the shine of my face or scope glass most likely they have all ready given me multiple shot opportunities.
LINK's embedded Photo
I’ve even called coyotes while my kids are wearing mis matched “camo”. If they are close enough to dislike my camo more than the shine of my face or scope glass most likely they have all ready given me multiple shot opportunities.
My camo varies depending on what I wear for the day. This cat liked black all the way up until 20 yards.

29-Jan-19
Right now I'm running my Savage .17 HMR until February 15. Since I have a 'cat permit here in IL, I'm going lighter on gun for the time being. Just got a Lucky Duck Revolt for a call. I have an older Flextone that's giving it up, and my backup is a little four sound Johnny Stewart. I've called in as many 'yotes with it as the other calls I've used, not that I've called in a ton though. After February 15 I'll probably run my Remington 700 VSSF II in .22-250 for a bit more range. Pack is whatever will hold the call, a seat, and some clothes. My older calls were smaller and more compact, thus I just used a standard el cheapo backpack. The Lucky Duck has a bit more size, so I got out my old Cabelas model pack with waist belt.

29-Jan-19

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo

29-Jan-19

kota-man's embedded Photo
I have several AR-15’s but my “go to” is a Proof Research 22-250. Snowshoes are a staple here for coyote hunting.

29-Jan-19

Every once in awhile I break out the HS Precision .204 Ruger...Here it is for a double.

29-Jan-19

The AR’s are all suppressed. Here’s a Christensen .223 AR15

29-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Snowshoes when necessary

Gotta love the scenery too

29-Jan-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Nice Kota man! Have a bunch suppressed as well.Love it. Are those wood bearpaws?Any info on make/model appreciated.I have a pair of wood bearpaws but no uplift in toe and on bad visibility days they will 'trip ya' a time or two.Usually use standards but...

29-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
And it’s always a plus to get a silver fox

29-Jan-19

The Dtech .204 AR has killed a bunch. As far as calls go, I’m a huge Foxpro fan. Currently using a CS24C and a Fusion.

29-Jan-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Good winter.:-)

29-Jan-19

Leftee—Those are “Maine Guide Rabbit Hunters”. Woodies are the only way to roll in the deep stuff! :) Here’s another suppressed yote...

29-Jan-19

Did someone say fox? Here’s a little lightweight Daniel Defense AR in .223...That's "stack'in them up leftee!

29-Jan-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Thanks for info on the ‘Rabbit Shoes’. Sadly sold my Dtech but this JP Enterprisss 204 works good.

29-Jan-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
On fox as well

29-Jan-19
I finally cut a couple inches off of the Dtech and threaded it for a suppressor. His guns flat out shoot. Lately, I've run into the problem of too many guns and not enough coyotes. :)

29-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Crappy pic I took a couple weeks ago on the ranch we hunt coyotes on.

There are 13 coyotes among the cattle in the pic.

29-Jan-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Hear ya on both scores. Am trying to find my fav coyote pic and then have to try get to town.Love the thread. Good hunting all!

Got it.Old but labeled 'frosted flake coyotes' by my buddy.

29-Jan-19
I’m using a H&R single shot .22 Hornet as here in the Northeast shots average 50 yards and I’m trying not to tear them up. I’m jealous of you out west guys with the long open range and legal suppressors!

29-Jan-19
Spike be glad you're not here today.Even the coyotes want out.We are stuck in the house now til thursday.

29-Jan-19
My setup is whatever weapon I happen to have in my hand at the time...8^)

29-Jan-19
kota-man,

How do you like your Christensen Arms AR? I have the same in .223 and the carbon wrapped barrel, also suppressed. I love the gun. I did have to send it in after owning it for 3 months last year because it would occasionally go full auto in 3-shot bursts... they replaced the trigger assembly and I haven't had a problem since.

29-Jan-19

jeck66's embedded Photo
jeck66's embedded Photo
$80 coyote shot this year!

29-Jan-19

jeck66's embedded Photo
jeck66's embedded Photo
2019 triple! Four came in... only one left!

29-Jan-19

jeck66's embedded Photo
jeck66's embedded Photo
The Christensen Arms also works on their big brother! I called this guy in last year in Montana.

29-Jan-19
Please come back and shoot some more!!

29-Jan-19
JTv...I LOVE that round in my 22-250’s...

29-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

This was a good day

29-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Ruger M77 .220Swift That my brother gave to me for Christmas probably 35 years ago. Leopold straight 8x scope. Shooting Hornady 52gr bt hollow points with 37 grains of DuPont 4064 powder. Custom paint job using Krylon primer. (Nothing but the best)

29-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
This was a decent morning

29-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
That setup works good on cats as well.

29-Jan-19

BoggsBowhunts's embedded Photo
Custom build, Daniel Defense Barrel and Bolt Carrier Group, Geissele trigger, Midwest Industries rails. Holosun Red Dot zeroed at 36 yards is hold-on-yote accurate out to 300 (about 5" high at 100, 5" low at 300 with 55 grain fiocchi) Perfect for our farm where there aren't any shots past that (most well within 100), and since it doubles as a defense rifle, didn't wanna commit to putting a high magnification scope on it. Run a Foxpro Inferno call and have had zero issues with it!

29-Jan-19

And this one if I'm hunting a big ag field, Remington 788 in 6mm, McMillan A3 stock which I absolutely love, and a Bushnell Elite 6-24 scope which they discontinued. 100 grain Speer Spitzer Boattail handloaded with R22 powder. It can shoot way better than I can!

29-Jan-19
I'm shooting a Remington model 700 Classic 22-250 with one of the nice older Redfield 6 x 24 x 50 scopes,V Max Bullets and 4064 powder. My nephew shoots a Rock River Arms AR Wylde chambered 223 with a Trijicon ACOG and the V Max bullet.We switch up the callers, I have a Johnny Stewart and he has a Fox Pro with the fold out speakers. We just need to find more time to get out. Kurt

29-Jan-19

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo

29-Jan-19
Looks like you’re loading em a little hot, Ed! Maybe go a little lighter on the powder?! ;-)

30-Jan-19
Hell Yes!!!

Some Bad Ass Rifles right here.

Good one Ed---------->

You guys Rock

Good luck, Robb

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
My backpack is sooooo much more comfortable now
BULELK1's embedded Photo
My backpack is sooooo much more comfortable now
I really like the new set-up for getting in and getting out instead of having it all on my back like in the recent past.

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The lil cheap sled was a pinch noisy on the frozen snow but it was just fine for sliding On Top of the snow

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Beautiful Morning----cold but beautiful
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Beautiful Morning----cold but beautiful

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Picking a good spot to set-up the blind is a challenge as I want it somewhat hidden

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I like a Hillside View vs only flat ground view
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I like a Hillside View vs only flat ground view

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

30-Jan-19

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I try and keep the Boss Dogg about 60--75 yards Out from the blind.

30-Jan-19
Of course it was one of those days that I never called in a coyote!! Just a Racoon came up from the river.

Thanks for sharing all your very kool pix you guys and thanks for taking the time to view this thread.

Stay Warm!!!!

#LovinLife

Robb

30-Jan-19
I’m curious as to why you use your blind, Rob. Does it keep you warmer or do you feel you’re better concealed?

30-Jan-19
BULELK1 thats some beautiful country your hunting there,bet it was pretty cold out this morning, it looks like you have a nice setup. Bet your useing the Blind for the Cold and Concealment, I'm sure it works good for Both.

Kurt

31-Jan-19
True that-------->

Keeps me out of the cold and wind, helps conceal most all of any movement, I can do a set-up longer, I do have a small burner/16 oz. propane that I keep between my legs ~~ below my fold up chair.

I can change set-up locations very quickly and it takes like 10 minutes to breakdown/pack up and be on the go for about 1/2--3/4 miles away for a new set-up and start the calling sequence all over again.

I am always brainstorming for making things more efficient and enjoyable, 'Nice vs Need' or 'Need vs Nice' type logic...……...not going to $$$$ pricey.

I've searched for a snow camo blind like I have seen on Jim Shockey and Live To Hunt TV shows but I can't seem to find any in Snow Camo.....

Good luck, Robb

31-Jan-19
Coyotes are soon to be protected in NH from April to September thanks to the Democrats Southern NH elected.

31-Jan-19

CJE's embedded Photo
CJE's embedded Photo
Remington 700, 223 Ackley Improved with a Nosler 50 gr Ballistic Tip.

31-Jan-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Coyotes got even today. Yesterday put 2 warm bloody coyotes in the box without the usual cardboard layer. Today get stuck and sadly discovered minus 20 temps froze those two to the bed of the box-over the handle of my shovel. Could not budge them and it was a long walk for help. The 2 today went in separate contractors bags on top. I knew better but.... Likely senility at work.

31-Jan-19
Robb....Maybe you can work out a deal with Paul at the Fort. He’s pretty handy at customizing ground blinds with a spray can, from what I’ve seen!

31-Jan-19

Tyler's embedded Photo
Tyler's embedded Photo
As close as I could get to an AR for hunting in Canada. Ruger mini 14 target rifle.

31-Jan-19

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo

31-Jan-19
Why did everyone forget to include their favorite call sound?

01-Feb-19

BULELK1's Link
leftee----------->

I have had really good fortune using these Trac Grabbers for getting unstuck.

I install them staggered, like one @ 10 o'clock and on the other back tire one @ 2 o'clock, maybe takes a minute per tire to strap on, sure it Rocks a little going out but I get out real fast!

Glad you survived the Hike for Help in that weather man.

t-roy----------> I would rather have one that is manufactured in the Snow Camo type pattern, even if it means buying another one, but a guy can Never go wrong with getting advice from Paul.

For hell sakes Tyler!!! Show off------> haha

I start my calling sequence with the Magpie chirp and then go to the Fawn in distress and so forth.

Granted, I have only had my Boss Dogg since December (I got an email from my A-Prime that it had gone from $299 Down to $199 on my Wish List so I bought it)

I'm still in the fascination stage of something actually comes in to my set-up!

Good luck, Robb

01-Feb-19
Yeh Robb I have a set of 2-sitting in my old lil jeep pickup which I store in winter(2 wheel drive).Not in the jeep now.

Edit to add:As to 'sounds',I'm pretty much all 'vocals' now.

01-Feb-19

dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
dm/wolfskin's embedded Photo
Those snow pictures made me cold. Keep killing them.

01-Feb-19
Mine is a .22 handgun!!! I like my coyotes waiting for me when I get there!!! I would love to coyote hunt out west someday. The fur out there is beautiful.

01-Feb-19
I just put on snow camo, grab my mouth calls and .204 and find a spot to sit or even lay on a bald hillside. Sometimes I use a dead jackrabbit or my daughters stuffy to wiggle around if they need extra commitment. Was laying down without cover and squealing and this dog was just looking at me from 800 yards and wouldn't come. Started shaking the fluffy around and that thing just whipped right in . Shooting them in self defense up close is hella fun.

01-Feb-19
Cnelk,, I use the same gun in a 6mm.. It shoots great.. Killed most of my deer with it also. I use the same load for yotes as for deer, not worried about hide.. 85 gr Sierra boat tail hollow points..

01-Feb-19
No shotgunners out there for coyotes? I've never gone out for a dedicated coyote hunt but if I'm turkey hunting I've found that making a little farm cat meow sound will bring yotes in close enough for a turkey load.

02-Feb-19
Sometimes when watching Big Al Morris on TV, I'm pretty sure they have a shotgun with them as he and his hunting partners bring in some coyotes Very Close!!!

Good luck, Robb

02-Feb-19
Gorgeous photos guys! Nice shooting!

A couple of questions..

I'm from CT, not a hunter friendly state. In the above photos, are you hunting private land, or is this state land? Is it as simple as parking, and hiking to your hunting area?

If private land, is verbal permission though? In CT, private land requires a written consent form from the landowner. And the state land areas are not very big.

Those are beautiful views! Keep them coming!

Thanks.

04-Feb-19
I've never took a shotgun with me but probably should, during Turkey season a Coyote better watch out.

Kurt

04-Feb-19
I'm assuming you're asking about the ones that escape the FORD?

04-Feb-19
APauls I don't know, I'm driving a GMC. But I'm sure it would work if I get one in the path of it.LOL.

Kurt

04-Feb-19
Air leak, written consent is only for deer and turkey. Small game only requires verbal permission.

My set up is a Mossberg 500 with #4 buck. Currently looking for a .223.

07-Feb-19
Good Thread,keep them coming. What choke and size shot are you guying useing in your shotguns.

Kurt

07-Feb-19
Seems like 22-250 is the favorite caliber for coyotes huh

07-Feb-19
22-250's are a great caliber, I have been shooting one for over 40 years. A lot of guy's are shooting AR's with the 223 which are very good and quicker on a follow up shot,same bullet,less powder,both very good.

Kurt

07-Feb-19
I have a numbler of rifles that I use for calling coyotes. One is an AR 223 but it gets little use, I prefer a bolt action. My favorite is a custom Rem 700 220 swift. And when I’m expecting longer shots and don’t care about the hides, I’ll take a custom Rem 700 240 weatherby. A few coyotes thought they were out of range for the 240, they were not.

07-Feb-19
Great photos.

I use a 204 Ruger Hawkeye Predator Varmint. 34 gr. Have shot a few with shotgun calling in the deep woods, but not my preferred method.

07-Feb-19
Just watched a YouTube video 22-250 vs 375 H&H magnum. Unreal the 375 only penetrated one more water jug then the 22.

07-Feb-19
There are a lot of good rifles, everybody has there favorite. I don't get to shoot it as much as I would like, but I sure like my Remington 700 22-250 Classic with a good older Redfield 6 x 24 x50 Scope, mounts and rings. Them 22-250's must be pretty bad if they keep up with a 375 H&H,din't realize they were that bad,Damn.

Kurt

07-Feb-19
Air Leak, I am from CT also. I think you only need verbal permission to hunt varmints on private property.

08-Feb-19
You guys hunting them with .223 ARs using high velocity 45 grain bullets so as little hole in one side of the hide and bullet fracturing as to not made it through the other side damaging the pelt or are youenz using heavier solids making 2 little holes? Lets talk cartridges and bullets...

Have never killed one so don't know what would be best...

08-Feb-19
Z--- I'm using 55 grain Full Metal Jacket/Boat-Tails

I've only shot 2 'yotes since late- December and both past thru as they where under 100 yards and lung shots.

1 of 'em had that mange-----Yuck!!!

Good luck, Robb

08-Feb-19
Thanks Robb... Curious, no expansion on exit hole with the FMJs?

09-Feb-19
'morning Z----

I never really looked at it for any exit damage, we have a $$ bounty on them here so I didn't have much concern.

No doubt some but prolly not much as them yotes aint real wide!! haha

Good luck, Robb

09-Feb-19
Mating season starting.Singles nite type stuff.Fair number died around here last week cause they stayed out late chasing.....

09-Feb-19
Bulelk make a smitty sled for your sled and it will pull like nothing.

09-Feb-19
I would stay away from the Vmax and use a soft point or hollow point. If close with a high velocity caliber a vmax will make a nasty hole.

12-Feb-19

BOHUNTER09's embedded Photo
BOHUNTER09's embedded Photo
Here’s another reason to take out a coyote every chance you get

12-Feb-19
That looks like a good of reason as I could think of

14-Feb-19
ruger M77 in 25-06 with 100 grain bullets. Old fixed redfield 8X scope deadly out to 300 yds with only 5 inches of drop and 3100 fps at muzzle

14-Feb-19
Besides my Remington 700 Classic 22-250, I also have a Exact Twin 700 Classic 25-06, I will NEVER part with the 25-06. Both have old Redfields on them,the 250 has a 6x24 & the 25-06 has a 6x18. 3 shots from the 25 at 200 yards you could cover them with a quarter.

Kurt

14-Feb-19
Ugh I already feel bad trading the 25/06 for my .308 thanks for bringing up old wounds lol. We killed some deer together and for the trade price I got I might as well kept it!

15-Feb-19
Sorry about that Spike, but them 25-06 as you know are some real shooters. Maybe you should just get another one.

Kurt

16-Feb-19
I use a 17-204, Lilja barrel, on a Rem 700 action with a Jewell trigger. Killed 88 so far this winter. These were on my last hunt last weekend. [url=https://flic.kr/p/SwrfCW][img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7863/33162260318_0c05ca4b20_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/SwrfCW]IMG_0011[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/156405073@N02/]Tim Richard[/url], on Flickr

17-Feb-19
Damn Carl, is that pic off your Trail Cam.

It sure says a Ton with out any words.

Good luck, Robb

17-Feb-19
My Nephew and I went out yesterday morning and called in 2, one of them didn't like some thing and backed out on us but the other one stayed a little to long. Nephew dropped him with his Rock River AR 223. He's going to get a full body mount. Now we need to get out more often.

Kurt

20-Feb-19
Come on,more Yote stories. We need to nock some more down.

23-Feb-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Well still popping away here despite constant snow and wind. And almost forgot-the coldest February on record. Damn. Snowing and the above makes it tough. Fun but very tough at my age. Mating season though and are again coming in. A neighbor got 4 yesterday-his best day ever. Here’s a couple good ones.

23-Feb-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I called this one in at about midnight during the supermoon the other night.

23-Feb-19

TRnCO's embedded Photo
TRnCO's embedded Photo
it was all about pairs yesterday for me. Got three pair killed and a 4th coming but fickle wind saved their hides.

23-Feb-19
Wow! That’s impressive, TRnCO. Good shooting! Beautiful yotes as well. What is on the end of your rifle barrel?

23-Feb-19
S.A.S suppressor with cover

23-Feb-19
Not hard to kill one,,,,, I use my 12 gauge or my 22-250,,, I just shot 6 of them with a 200 dollar used 17HMR, used 20 grain Hornady bullets

more of pia, fleshing them out, but of course I respect all wildlife, so I take care of the fur, no matter how poor it is, in Wis, I will get something for it

24-Feb-19
Dang good shooting Fella's!

I'm going to try and get out this week, if it isn't raining instead of snowing...…

Thanks for sharing

Good luck, Robb

24-Feb-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Only one calling set,one coyote yesterday.Another brutal S shoe drag though.Foggy and very little wind in the AM so would have loved to hunt more but the forecasted blizzard mandated preparations had to be done including feeding about 150-175 deer that are barely hanging on.The ol Triton hauled two loads of corn a few miles yesterday on a 'minimum maintenance'(AKA zero maintenance)road.Over a ton of corn that will likely be gone by tomorrow and the way the blizzard is howling as I type,doubt I will be able to feed again for days.Damn poor time for a tractor to break down.Sad damn deal for wildlife here this year.Everything struggling and slowly dying off.

24-Feb-19
Titan,not 'Triton".Sorry,with this weather have boats on my mind.

24-Feb-19

TRnCO's embedded Photo
TRnCO's embedded Photo
Here's the pic. I tried to post originally above. I was hunting the same ranch then as I was when I got these last 6.

27-Feb-19
I know that the 17 HMR is not the best round for Coyote's but I have one and if I have a chance to shoot a Coyote when I 'm in the woods with it would a 20 grain bullet ( hollow point or solid be better than the 17 grain bullets. And what weight bullet do you guy's who use a 25-06 have the best luck with,75,87,100 ?

Kurt

27-Feb-19
the 20 gr. hollow point would be a better choice then the 17 gr. v-max, out of the 17 hmr.

27-Feb-19
Thanks TRnCO. I thought it would be but I haven't had the 17 very long or shot it much to know yet. And also wasn't sure about the 75 grain or 87 for the 25-06. Kurt

05-Mar-19
Couldn't get to a gun fast enough,had one run thru the back yard this morning.

Kurt

18-Mar-19

boothill's embedded Photo
Won this Howa Model 1500 22-250 w/nikko stirling 4x16 at a Mule Deer Foundation banquet Saturday evening. Can’t wait to get it dialed in soon and do some calling.
boothill's embedded Photo
Won this Howa Model 1500 22-250 w/nikko stirling 4x16 at a Mule Deer Foundation banquet Saturday evening. Can’t wait to get it dialed in soon and do some calling.

18-Mar-19
Congrats on the sweet gun, BootHill!

18-Mar-19
Went out and ran a few rounds thru it yesterday afternoon. A simple bore sighting and a couple minor adjustments and was hitting the 280 yard gong repeatedly. Didn’t have time to really put it on paper and dial it up right. But really impressed with the trigger on this gun as it is my first Howa.

20-Mar-19
I also got a new Coyote Gun, haven't had time to sight it in yet. Rock River Arms EOP Varmit 5.56/223 with the Wylde heavy 24" stainless barrel, I am going to put a Older Redfield 6 x 18 x 40 or 6 x 24 x 50 on it. This is the First AR type rifle I have owned but I think I am going to like it. I couldn't pass it up for the price, Kind of a Retirement present for myself.

Kurt

20-Mar-19

smarba's embedded Photo
Came running, I drew when he passed behind a bush at about 60 yards, nailed him at 40 yards when he held up broadside
smarba's embedded Photo
Came running, I drew when he passed behind a bush at about 60 yards, nailed him at 40 yards when he held up broadside
smarba's embedded Photo
This one ran in to 20 yards and froze.
smarba's embedded Photo
This one ran in to 20 yards and froze.
smarba's embedded Photo
I killed this fox after missing him twice. Small, jumpy target. But curious enough to keep returning to the call.
smarba's embedded Photo
I killed this fox after missing him twice. Small, jumpy target. But curious enough to keep returning to the call.
Full camo (facemask removed in the photos), electronic caller set at 23-30 yards and same bow setup I use for all my hunting.

But they aren't called Wile. E. for nothing! There are a plethora of reasons I've only managed to kill 2 in the past 3 years of calling them, despite calling in dozens. Came in too fast, hang up too far, wind betrays me, come in from unexpected direction, jump the string, catch me drawing my bow, you name it, it's happened to me! But when it comes together it sure is sweet.

20-Mar-19
Smarba that's the real way to get them,way to go man. But anyway is a good way.

Kurt

20-Mar-19
Dirt hole set with a good strong trap !

20-Mar-19
Too cool smarba. Outstanding!

The grey fox is one of my favorite critters.

20-Mar-19

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Where did this come from. I will try again. Not my image must have come from heaven!

20-Mar-19

BB's embedded Photo
Shot with a Canon. That's my present set up!
BB's embedded Photo
Shot with a Canon. That's my present set up!
After owing dogs for some many years, I could never kill another coyote or fox, but I sure enjoy shooting them with my coyote equipment. A hand held Canon!

Have a great bow hunt. BB

24-Mar-19
Sweet Carl ~~

Good luck, Robb

24-Mar-19
We also use a mounted coyote as a decoy and dogs.

24-Mar-19

svrelk's embedded Photo
Double with my boy earlier this year...
svrelk's embedded Photo
Double with my boy earlier this year...
Mossberg 835 ultra mag..for the hard chargers.. RRA ATH with a match grade load of Varget topped with a 50gr. VMAX for most of the rest... Shockwave and hand calls..

24-Mar-19

svrelk's embedded Photo
Another hard chrg
svrelk's embedded Photo
Another hard chrg

24-Mar-19

svrelk's embedded Photo
Leave em hanging....
svrelk's embedded Photo
Leave em hanging....
svrelk's embedded Photo
Fawnlivesmatter..