Iowabowhunter 01-Feb-19
Bake 01-Feb-19
Busta'Ribs 01-Feb-19
Iowabowhunter 01-Feb-19
Charlie Rehor 01-Feb-19
Busta'Ribs 02-Feb-19
29-Jan-19
Who's gotten their hands on this piece?

I'm looking for a better insulating layer for real cold weather underneath my Fanatic set, as well as something earlier in the season I can use as an outer layer.

Thanks!

29-Jan-19
The Midi is super sexy. I was fortunate to have tested Sitka's new 2019 Fanatic line back in November up in Alberta while Whitetail hunting in the Edmonton Bow Zone with Jim Hole, one of the guy's that helped in the development of the new line up. Jim also had the new Midi and I got to try that too, and I purchased one for myself as soon as I got home, so I've been using it here in New Jersey for Winter Bow season. The Midi is a great insulating layer that is ultra smooth and will glide on under your Fanatic or Celsius Fleece jacket, and it's very warm for it's weight. It's also super quiet and can be used as an outer layer either by itself on a cool day, or with a vest (I use the Fanatic vest) when it's not quite cold enough for the Fanatic or Celsius Fleece jacket. I think the Midi is just a must have piece for any serious whitetail bowhunter. Get it dude, you won't be sorry.

29-Jan-19
Sold!

29-Jan-19
Same here. Used it all last year. It’s not as insulating as the regular kelvin but a leaner fit. Can be used in many layering combos as Busta describes. Favorite new piece of 2018!!

29-Jan-19
Used it last fall top layer until it got too cold then used as insulating later. Super comfortable.

29-Jan-19
it was my favorite new piece last fall!

01-Feb-19
What are you guys using for your legs for Sitka? I have the older Fanatic set, then for earlier in the Iowa bow season I'm using some KUIU Attack pants but would rather save them for western hunting.

I need something that I can layer underneath the Fanatic when it's cold, and use as a standstill piece for the rest of the season.

01-Feb-19
I looked at it in the store. Almost pulled the trigger, but instead bought the Kelvin active jacket because I wanted something that would crossover better into the elk hunting realm. It was a nice jacket though

01-Feb-19
Good question Jake, that’s something that I think is missing from the Sitka line. I’m using the Stratus pants when it’s mild enough, but they’re not a layering piece. I have a quilted Primaloft bottom layer from Cabela’s that I layer under the Fanatic on the cold days, and on Ultra cold days, heavy weight primaloft pants from Barney’s in AK. That covers it all!

01-Feb-19
Thanks for the reply Christopher, I'll keep looking around!

I usually pack in my Fanatic set as it's just too dang warm to wear in, how do those Primaloft bottoms hold up for you?

01-Feb-19
I’ve always favored the Equinox pants and then layered underneath with either their long underwear, Merino heavyweight long John’s or in real cold the Kelvin pants. I have one pair of the Equinox pants a size bigger than normal for late season. This covers me in the Midwest thru mid-January. There may be a few days when I need the Fanatic Lite or Regular Bibs but when I use them I’ll open the side zippers while walking in to avoid over heating. I put more importance on the layers than the outer piece.

02-Feb-19
If I have to hike a long way in I pack most of my gear as well, including the Sitka bibs and the Primaloft bottoms, and I'd just be wearing a lightweight pair of quiet camo pants over my base layer merino to make sure I wasn't sweating. But I try really hard to avoid long hikes in cold weather because I find the exertion makes the long sits in cold weather much tougher.

• Sitka Gear