Contributors to this thread:
blackbear62 29-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 29-Jan-19
blackbear62 29-Jan-19
BIG BEAR 29-Jan-19
Screwball 29-Jan-19
Franklin 30-Jan-19
29-Jan-19
Finally harvested my Michigan black bear this year. It was a dry sow ~130#. Was thinking of having it mounted climbing a tree or relaxing on a tree limb. Have any of you done a mount like this. Was thinking may replace the stairway rail post with a small tree and have it climbing that up over head level. What was might the cost be and do you have any pictures. Thanks. Mark

29-Jan-19
Congrats on your bear !!! Just be aware..... that 130 lb lifesize mount may end up seeming very small when it’s done.... you might want to consider a rug. I’ve seen a handful of guys be disappointed after getting a life size mount. Just trying to be helpful.....

29-Jan-19
Thanks. I have killed other larger bears. Felt she might be the right size for a specialty mount since I don't have a lot of room. Semi cathedral ceiling in family room allows for a little higher than normal mounting.

29-Jan-19
Cool.... post pics on what you decide on. Congrats on your bear !!

29-Jan-19
Shot a blonde years ago around that size. Check out Mckenzie sitting on limb bear. Good taxidermist can make it look awesome.

30-Jan-19
You are correct blackbear….when doing unique, custom or artsy poses smaller bears are the way to go. If you had a tree and had the bear reaching for a old dried hornets nest or something similar that would be really unique and cool.

• Sitka Gear