krieger 05-Feb-19
SBH 05-Feb-19
Shiras42 06-Feb-19
dallsheepstkr 06-Feb-19
mountainman 07-Feb-19
APauls 07-Feb-19
DMTJAGER 09-Feb-19
30-Jan-19
With all of these insanely cold temps I was wondering if any of you have ever tried Shiver Shield clothing? They recently had a booth at an SCI banquet and were claiming that weather like this is nothing for their gear. Would like to hear some real testimonies if anyone has tried it. Not cheap stuff and I want to do my homework before I would invest in any of the clothing (I did buy a hat, but left it at a friends and need to go get it so I can try it out in this weather).

01-Feb-19
Had never heard of it until now. Sorry, wanna know about Sitka Gear? :)

01-Feb-19

Shiras's Link
I am not affiliated, but just looking for info. Here is one of their videos.

01-Feb-19
If the insulation is a gel of some kind what happens when you get a rip? Looks interesting. I'm always a sucker for purchases when it comes to withstanding the cold up here.

03-Feb-19
That video is years old, are they still around?

03-Feb-19
They are. They were just at the SCI banquet in Omaha.

05-Feb-19
Cool beans, will someone please buy a set and let us know if it works? ;)

05-Feb-19
Put me down for skeptical.......

06-Feb-19
Tried it on and was outside for just a bit. Didn't get chilled, but it wasn't during the polar vortex either. Anyone? Bueller?

06-Feb-19
Polartech all the way. When I lived in the Arctic and Yukon river valley I stayed warm. Was out in -50 temps for 12 or more hours and stayed toasty warm.

07-Feb-19

mountainman's Link
Here is a current video on aerogel material.

07-Feb-19
I honestly think garments are being built about as warm as possible. Think of how much heat escapes around the waist, cuffs and especially neck/head area. There are openings where heat will simply escape. There is no magic potion. Unless the garment itself generates heat in some form you will get cold at some point. 100% heat retention isn't possible. The videos of this jacket doesn't look much smaller or thinner than a Sitka jacket. I am talking about videos where people are actually wearing the full parka.

09-Feb-19
Just my opinion but I've been using for 25+ years made in USA duel layer insulated underwear that has a anti-bacterial polypro inner and wool outer layer and has served me extremely well at keeping me warm in temps below zero. These new extremely high dollar made in China, Viet Nam or other foreign countries for mere pennies by virtual slave labor, insulated hunting clothing that costs 2-3x more than mine is most likely better at retaining hunter dollars than 2-3x more of their body heat VS what I use.

• Sitka Gear