Ranger rick 02-Feb-19
bowbender77 02-Feb-19
SteveB 02-Feb-19
Ranger rick 02-Feb-19
dirtclod Az. 02-Feb-19
Scar Finga 04-Feb-19
Ranger rick 04-Feb-19
31-Jan-19
Looking for advice on kibab guides/outfitters for Mule Deer. Who do you recommend or not recommend? I have enough points to draw. I will continue to do the research and make the phone calls. Call past clients ect.. I have talked to a few already. Just thought I'd ask those with some experience as I have never been there before. Would need to keep it to $5500 or less. Thanks in advance for any advice.

31-Jan-19

bb's Link
Contact Jason Bond, He has been killing huge Deer On the Kaibab and strip for a long time. He kills some huge bucks in the OTC units also.

01-Feb-19
Thanks for the responses. I will check him out. Looking for a ligit chance at a 170+.

02-Feb-19
Duwane Adams, easily one of the best ever.

02-Feb-19
Steve, Thanks. I talked to him and was impressed. A big mulie is the only animal left on my bucket list so I want to be smart about how I do this hunt.

02-Feb-19
Duwane Adams is the real deal and knows the area as well as anyone. He should be helpful in your quest. Good luck !

02-Feb-19
Ranger Rick, there are several good ones mentioned here and that you would be happy with. Duwane has a little different approach with his pricing structure and # of days that appeals to me. One thing is certain, he knows Arizona deer and elk! Just make sure if you go that he gives you a guide with experience in the weapon you choose.

02-Feb-19
Thanks Steve. I've never gone guided before I like DIY, just concerned about a 22 hour drive and outside chance of an injury while being alone for 2 weeks. I Have a buddy trying to get out of work to join me. I like the idea of 1 on 1 with the deer, just not sure . Otherwise, I'll go guided.

02-Feb-19
Go unguided. Lots of Big Bucks.Save $1000 of Dollars. 12a /12b.

04-Feb-19
The Kaibab is pretty hunter friendly, stay away from the edge of the great big hole up there and you will be fine. get a good map, there are tons of roads, so you really can't get lost per say. you might get turned around, but it would be very hard to really get lost. a lot if not most of the terrain is fairly mild as well. I have hunted up there several times alone.

Go and have fun, let people know where you are camped, and leave a note at camp where you are hunting for the day. The downside I guess if you look at it like that is no cell service for a very large portion of the Bab.

Good Luck!

04-Feb-19
Thanks Mark! I appreciate the info. A few people have said the same thing. I am definitely leaning toward going at it alone.

• Sitka Gear