Shug 03-Feb-19
Trial153 03-Feb-19
Shug 03-Feb-19
ELKMAN 04-Feb-19
x-man 04-Feb-19
Shug 04-Feb-19
timex 04-Feb-19
03-Feb-19
Let me start by saying I’ve never been much of a tinkerer. I set center shot ( flipper rest) then add / remove weight and move nocking point till arrow flies good. Never been a paper tuning / yoke twisting guy. I shoot an 16 year old bow with fingers. 68# draw with 28” FMJ 400 spine. I realize the arrow is on the lighter side for spine but if I lower the draw weight arrow flight gets sloppy.

All that being said I want to drop draw weight a little to ease up on my shoulder a little. If I use the brass HIT insert 75gr opposed to the 16gr ones that come with the shafts how much bow weight can I expect to drop down?

Thanks Mark

03-Feb-19
That 50 grains will weaken you up a bit. Grab some field points that are 50 grains heavier then what you shooting now and see how she does. I think you'd be ok down to about 60 or so with the added 50 grains....

03-Feb-19
Thanks Trial ... next question. Will the fact that a 50 grains more on the very front be different than 50 more grains set deeper into the shaft?

04-Feb-19
Not enough to matter for what your doing.

04-Feb-19
Agreed, Shooting fingers with a flipper rest pretty much makes your tuning a trial and error method anyway. No two shooters are the same.

04-Feb-19
Thanks guys...

04-Feb-19
I think your on the right track my compound is a bowtec 101st airborne with 70# limbs & as I get older & turn it down I keep adding point weight so I can use the same arrows. I'm currently around low 60# shooting 27" radial×weave 200s 430 spine with 150grain fixed 2 edge heads

• Sitka Gear