sticksender 10-Feb-19
midwest 10-Feb-19
swampokie 10-Feb-19
swampokie 10-Feb-19
WapitiBob 10-Feb-19
pirogue 10-Feb-19
midwest 10-Feb-19
04-Feb-19
I see the app. period for putting in for elk in AZ ends on 2/12/2019 my last years AZ non res license is valid until 2/13/2019 can I use last years lic. to put in for this years elk draw or do I need to purchase a 2019 license to keep from getting rejected in the draw for 2019 ?

04-Feb-19
You're good with the license you have, although that seems like an odd expiration date if you bought it for last year's drawing. If your license expires on 2/13 this year, that means its start date would have been 2/14 last year. Last year's last day to apply would have been 2/13, so the license you have now was not valid on the last day to apply last year, which was required to apply. Did you have another license that expired last year on 2/13? if so, you didn't even need to buy the license you have now and could have saved that money.

04-Feb-19
I have heard yes and no??

04-Feb-19
I buy a license every year because I'm a resident and apply for two draws and buy OTC tags. Past experiences from others shows that as long as your license is valid on the last day to apply, your application will not be rejected. Keep in mind that if you draw you will have to have a valid license in possession when you hunt.

Good Luck!

04-Feb-19
Last year I just bought a lic and put in with it I might have had another lic from 17 that would have worked. I just happen to look on the AZ portal and saw my lic should be good for this years draw because it’s valid until 2/13. Probably will call AZ . need to be 100% sure , I have way to many points to mess up now. Thanks

04-Feb-19
I just called AZF&G and was told if my lic is valid on 2/12 it will not be rejected and no need to buy another one unless I draw this year.

04-Feb-19
The law clearly states that the license need only be valid on the last day of the application period to be valid for the drawing.

04-Feb-19
Looks like they cleaned up some of their old code.

04-Feb-19
To piggyback on this thread...can I just buy points if my license expires on 2/12? I haven't been able to navigate to that page. Thanks.

04-Feb-19
yes

04-Feb-19
Thanks

04-Feb-19
You apply for points just like a hunt tag but with a different hunt code.

04-Feb-19
Thanks again WB. Just purchased elk and antelope points, but those were the only two available to buy. Will other species be made available later in the year?

One additional question, if I may. In AZ does buying points only for five years get me the additional point, or do I have to pay the tag fee up front to get that point? Already been there and took the hunter safety course, just want to make sure I understand the loyalty point.

04-Feb-19
Kevin my understanding is you have to continue to participate in the draws for 5 continuous years and then every year after to receive and keep your loyalty point.

This is true for each specie. So you would need to purchase a license each year to do it for elk, pronghorn, and deer.

04-Feb-19
Yes, Kevin. Arizona has three drawings per year. The next one will be for deer and sheep in June. Turkey, Bison, Javelina and spring bear in about November. And yes, buying a bonus point each year will earn you the additional loyalty point after five years. You don't need to pay the tag fee ever to get and keep the loyalty point, just continue to apply for a tag or bonus point. BTW, it is against Arizona banking laws to allow them to take fees up front for any permit until you draw it, so that would never happen.

04-Feb-19
Gents, thanks for the feedback. Looks like we'll have to buy a new license in order to buy points for deer and sheep later this year? SF, thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding.

jdee, sorry for the hijack!

04-Feb-19
Do you get the loyalty point on the fifth years draw or does it show up after the fifth heading into the sixth?

04-Feb-19
After you purchase the fifth it will show up for the sixth.

05-Feb-19
Can anybody give me a ballpark date for when the Elk draw results will be posted?

05-Feb-19
Credit cards were hit on March 2 2018 and portal results were posted on March 8th 2018

05-Feb-19
Thank you sir!

05-Feb-19
In.

Hoping for that CC hit!

05-Feb-19
Just to clarify if I am unsuccessful with my hunt codes will I be awarded a bonus point?

Thanks in advance.

05-Feb-19
I’m in, AZ and UT $30 total.

05-Feb-19
Arizona changed their portal. It STILL sucks. Maybe sucks even worse than it did before, which is hard to do.

I think I messed up. For the first time, we're actually putting in for AZ elk, and I just put in for myself, expecting an attach code or something similar like WY, NM, etc. Nope.

So I guess I have to get my buddy's info and have him apply with me, then buy his tag if we draw. What a messed up freaking system

05-Feb-19
Yes linehunter.

05-Feb-19
In and swinging for the fence.

05-Feb-19

05-Feb-19
In...

06-Feb-19
Mine expires 2/11 and it let me apply. The way I read this I better go back in and buy a license?

06-Feb-19
Thanks Scoot. Geez....how hard would it be to fix that? Simple!

06-Feb-19
I agree with the messed up Portal and their system as a whole. Same thing happened to me on the license being automatically filled in that expires on 2/2/2019. Luckily I noticed it and bought a new license. Then I went back to the portal and it shows my license as being expired in 2017--nothing from 2018 or 2019. I thought maybe it would take a day or two to post up so I waited a few days and tried again--nothing. So, I called them. I sat on hold for 1.5 hours before someone finally picked up (just left it sitting on my desk playing annoying elevator music while i worked). She looks it up and somehow they split my portal into two accounts--one with licenses through 2017 and no points and another with licenses from 2018-2020 and my bonus points. Unfortunately, there is no login information for my account with my points, so I had to get transferred to some other branch and sat on hold for another hour until finally someone disconnected the call. So, I sent an email on Monday and still no response. What a bunch of crap. If I didn't have a crap ton of points already I'd seriously consider dropping out!

06-Feb-19
I just applied and it auto populated my 2018 license number even though it expires in a couple days. I had previously bought the 19’ license and had to enter that number. Watch for this gents....there’s going to be some bummed out people that lose loyalty points etc.

06-Feb-19
I doubt that the system is smart enough to know if you applied with an expired license, so it probably wouldn't matter.

06-Feb-19
To actually "fix" the underlying problem(s) that none of you know about is actually difficult with the current computer code and licensing structure.

Licenses used to be for the calendar year, if you follow that premise, buy it in January, don't get twisted up on the day, and go about your business. If you're spanning two years for the Elk draw/Elk points, just be cognizant of the day you buy it. At some point the dept will change their licensing, rewrite their code, and things will flow a bit smoother.

06-Feb-19
"I just applied and it auto populated my 2018 license number even though it expires in a couple days. I had previously bought the 19’ license and had to enter that number. Watch for this gents....there’s going to be some bummed out people that lose loyalty points etc."

Your 2019 license doesn't show up because the 2018 license is still valid. When it expires, the 2019 license will then show. You don't have to enter the 2019 license number.

06-Feb-19
That makes sense Bob thanks...your wisdom on the draws is always appreciated.

06-Feb-19
Thanks for all the good information guys. I came to the conclusion that I had mine and my son's aps for pp's messed up so I made the call. My wait was about 40 minutes but it was worth it.

When I applied last week it made me purchase a license for myself and not my son. I had purchased a license over the counter in August of 2018. This does not show up on the portal. My son's license expires 2/11/19. I didn't catch it at the time as the portal let me apply. My mistake for not realizing that it wouldn't be valid on the 12th as needed.

I have now been told what I need to do to get a refund on my "extra" license and been assured that the original will be good for my point. I purchased a new license dated 2/12/19 for my son so he should be good for this year and next for the points.

06-Feb-19
my license is good till june 11 2019

06-Feb-19
I've never heard of AZGFD being willing to refund a license. They're usually considered non-refundable.

06-Feb-19
Paper licenses get entered manually, don’t show up in the online application system, and because of that he ended up with two. They’re going away in the future.

06-Feb-19
I purchased a license and entered the draw. I just checked my application for the 2019 draw, And it shows 0 bonus points. I have 8. Is this something that changes later, or do I need to make the call? Thanks

06-Feb-19
There are two locations that have a bonus point field, you want the one linked to your portal home page/dashboard/bonus points. If you go there and have zero you are one of thousands that created a new account or incorrectly linked your previous account. When I talked to licensing today she was working thru 2,700 accounts. If you go thru “draw application details” the bonus point field on that page is not linked to your accumulated points.

06-Feb-19
Thank you. Would it be improper to just try and reapply for the draw. An hour of my time is worth more than $30. Thanks again.

06-Feb-19
Why re apply? You applied and reading your note, it's valid and sitting there waiting. Check your points thru the portal dashboard "bonus points" link, not the "draw apps" link, and if needed call at that time.

07-Feb-19
I called this morning and was able to get right through. I was advised that the bonus points do not show on the application part of the portal. The rep advised if the bonus points under that section of the portal are correct, they will transfer over as part of the draw process. Thanks for the information above.

07-Feb-19

07-Feb-19
They were running on 386's a few years ago and introduced their new IT guy as "one of the best in the country". It's been a dbl cluster shag ever since.

You have never been able to modify an AZ app without calling. Can't do it online in Oregon either. pita

check your messages

07-Feb-19
I feel for your pain. It would be nice if others could join your application rather than having to share your personal info with one designated person to apply for all, as other states have done. If it makes you feel any better, 10 points has a relatively low chance of being drawn in many of the better units...so you may well get all your points back after the drawing.

09-Feb-19
I sure hope you gents are correct. My license is valid from 02/13/18 to 02/12/2019. After being on hold with the AZG&F twice for a total of an hour and twenty minutes I submitted my app without getting a new license. If I lost my points I might have to consider harakiri with a dull snuffer!

09-Feb-19
I always apply for deer along with elk so it’s irrelevant for me, I have to cough up for a new one each year regardless.

09-Feb-19
I think I was OK but didn't want to take the chance, I bought the license to be on the safe side! Looking forward to the draw! Good luck everyone!

ElkNut/Paul

09-Feb-19
No need to hope, you'll be fine.

09-Feb-19
Thanks for the reassurance, good luck in the draw guys.

09-Feb-19
I cant believe u guys buy twice as many licenses as u need. Maybe people with deep pockets like u can keep azdgf financially comfortable. Thanks for the contributions

09-Feb-19
Mine auto filled and expires the 11th. It won’t let me purchase a new license !

09-Feb-19

WapitiBob's Link
The current portal is a temp quick fix and has a few bugs.

Go here and buy your license, picking the start date you want...

https://license.azgfd.gov/home.xhtml

09-Feb-19
Same issue Steve. But click on one of two boxes and you can purchase a new license even though your current licenses is still valid for a few more days.

10-Feb-19

SteveB's embedded Photo
I get this every time after form is filled out and click continue. I’ve even tried other browsers. It will not let me purchase a new license!
SteveB's embedded Photo
I get this every time after form is filled out and click continue. I’ve even tried other browsers. It will not let me purchase a new license!

10-Feb-19
I get the above every time I try to buy a new license even after filling out the form and clicking continue. Even with various browsers.

10-Feb-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Why would my bonus points show zero on my app when I have 10?

10-Feb-19
Nick, mine looks the same (0) on the "Draw Apps" page, but the point show up on the "Bonus Points" page.

10-Feb-19
swampokie....a lot of guys apply for more than just elk/pronghorn. Meaning they don't buy "twice as many licenses as they need". The purchase of one license per year is required to be able to apply in all 3 of Arizona's application periods each year. Still a bargain compared to the total cost to apply for multiple species in other states like WY, MT, CO.

10-Feb-19
Yeah, mine show up on the points page. Weird. Just another AZ head scratcher.

10-Feb-19
I just buy one a year and I get either two deer/sheep draw entries and one elk/antelope entry or vice versa. As long as you start the license on the last day of the draw period.

10-Feb-19
I just buy one a year and I get either two deer/sheep draw entries and one elk/antelope entry or vice versa. As long as you start the license on the last day of the draw period.

10-Feb-19
The "app details" screen does not link to your current points.

10-Feb-19
You think there’s glitches now? Wait till credit cards start getting hit and portals updated with results.

10-Feb-19
"The "app details" screen does not link to your current points."

I wonder why they would even put that "Individual Bonus Points" and "Group Bonus Points Average" on that page if that's the case? They must like getting panicked phone calls. lol

• Sitka Gear