Big Fin 11-Feb-19
BOWNBIRDHNTR 11-Feb-19
Beav 11-Feb-19
Shiras42 11-Feb-19
Treeline 12-Feb-19
axle2axle 15-Feb-19
04-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Not sure how many Coues bucks have been taken via spot and stalk. I'll probably never succeed. But, oh what fun.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
Not sure how many Coues bucks have been taken via spot and stalk. I'll probably never succeed. But, oh what fun.

Big Fin's Link
Southern Arizona in January is the essence of pure hunting fun, bow in hand. Not sure what I could be doing that time of the year that would give me more pleasure. If I find a better replacement, I'll be filming it.

If it's edible, we are chasing it and trying to convert it to food. Javelina, quail, ducks, jack rabbits, and yes, Coues deer.

Part 1 of 7 is now live on YouTube.

04-Feb-19
Just watched the 1st episode. Looks like its going to be a fun hunt!

04-Feb-19
Love hunting Coues deer!

04-Feb-19
i was there in January. Saw the same thing, white asses dancing off into the sunset.. urgghhh

04-Feb-19
Thanks for posting this, Randy!

04-Feb-19
This is going to epic. Please keep it coming!

04-Feb-19
Off to a great start! Can’t wait for the updates!

04-Feb-19
This is just what we needed! Thanks for sharing a look forward to the rest of the hunt.

04-Feb-19
SEVENTEEN HUNTERS! Seems more like a party than a hunt. Have fun chasing the Coues, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, . I will follow this one for sure. my best, Paul

05-Feb-19
Im looking forward to seeing this, excellent start! Thanks for sharing it here Randy. Looks like so much fun!

05-Feb-19
I always enjoy your videos!!!!

I will be following along, feeling your pain... BTDT

05-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
With all the rain this winter filling every small pool, sitting water is not an option. Given my antsy ways, it is seldom an option anyhow.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
With all the rain this winter filling every small pool, sitting water is not an option. Given my antsy ways, it is seldom an option anyhow.

Big Fin's Link
Part 2 of 7 is now live.

Video at the link provided.

How many times have you hiked all over the landscape, blown a stalk or two, only to have a close encounter right near where you parked the truck? Doesn't happen much with elk, at least for me, but with deer it seems to be a common occurrence. You'd think I would start paying attention to that pattern. But, that would imply I am smart enough to pay attention, a fact I disprove on a daily basis.

05-Feb-19
Great videos Randy. Can't wait to go back to Arizona!

05-Feb-19
Thanks for posting Randy!

I'm going to retire this coming May and I'm pretty sure I'll be in Arizona next December-January chasing deer, either Mule, Coues or both... I'm looking forward to it.

06-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
My, what big tusks you have.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
My, what big tusks you have.

Big Fin's Link
Part 3 of 7 is now live. The javelina and antelope jackrabbits are the targets of opportunity on this day.

06-Feb-19
"How many times have you hiked all over the landscape, blown a stalk or two, only to have a close encounter right near where you parked the truck?"

Happens to me so often that I sometimes think I'd be better off just sitting in the truck instead of trudging through the woods.

Thanks again for these videos!!

06-Feb-19
Care to share any more details on the Coues hindquarter cooked on the pellet grill? Looked delicious!! Looking forward to 4 more days of videos. Thanks again for sharing these.

06-Feb-19
Good stuff, my friend!

06-Feb-19
Good AZ video Randy, waiting on the last four. Also neat to hear you mention your Finnish heritage a couple times. Kurt the middle-hill Finn.

06-Feb-19
Great stuff. Excited to see the falconry!!

06-Feb-19
"Care to share any more details on the Coues hindquarter cooked on the pellet grill? Looked delicious!!"

Oh, it was delicious.

Next week we're releasing cooking videos of everything we cooked while there, including that Course hind quarter.

Thanks for watching.

06-Feb-19
Love coues hunting and was just about to go watch some of your shows on Amazon when I saw this post. It was tough going this year with all the water. I enjoy your work.

06-Feb-19
I am so hating work right now. I want to go back to Arizona. That coues meat looked yummy.

07-Feb-19
Very much enjoying this. Thanks for posting the links.

07-Feb-19
Looks like a lot of fun with a great bunch of guys!

Mom always wants me to smoke her some deer quarters with mesquite when I am down. Shoulders and hams. It does turn out yummy!

07-Feb-19
Good stuff Randy/Smoked Deer leg was epic Up in Phx . Have a buddy down south JimP From Eastmans. Have a good One!.dirtclod Az.

07-Feb-19
Keep 'em coming Randy! Can't get enough of these types of Arizona adventures! Man-o-man the chow looks good too! Kevin

07-Feb-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
What's not to like about Coues deer, ie, liver and onions, and red wine
What's not to like about Coues deer, ie, liver and onions, and red wine
and then back straps, mushrooms, steamed vegs, potoato and yes, red wine to wash it all down.
and then back straps, mushrooms, steamed vegs, potoato and yes, red wine to wash it all down.

07-Feb-19
Thats not huntin' in AZ....Spfork' beans and Burnt' hot dogs that fell in the dirt. Skunk in the trash! NOW THATS HUNTIN!

07-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Now this is a hunter.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
Now this is a hunter.

Big Fin's Link
Part 4 of 7 is now live.

I've always wanted to see falcons in action. Even more impressive than I anticipated.

Video at the link.

07-Feb-19
Thanks, Randy. I've been interested in falconry my entire life as well. When I was in college I used to read about it a lot, and I even requested a packet of information from Arizona Game and Fish, but I've never actually done it. Thanks for sharing that.

08-Feb-19
That was cool! looks like a lot of dedication to Falconry but you can see how rewarding it can be. Thanks for sharing Randy, I can see where that would be pretty exciting.

08-Feb-19
Wow...never seen a duck fly through the brush to avoid a predator above. Pretty cool video...thanks for sharing Randy. Kevin

10-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Close calls make for long hikes back to the truck.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
Close calls make for long hikes back to the truck.

Big Fin's Link
Part 5 of 7 is live at the link.

Sorry Sheep Show had me occupied this week and this is a few days late.

Hard to see it from the footage, but the buck stood up behind a tree that was only 21 yards away. Like always, the doe busted us and the short time the buck was standing around, he was obscured by brush.

The food is just too good to be a hunting camp.

11-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
There comes a time when you almost want to give up in frustration.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
There comes a time when you almost want to give up in frustration.

Big Fin's Link
Part 6 of 7 is now live at the link. The term "Ghost" is an understatement.

11-Feb-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Sun sets on another great Arizona hunt.
Big Fin's embedded Photo
Sun sets on another great Arizona hunt.

Big Fin's Link
Part 7 of 7 is now live at the link. Can I get an arrow in a buck bedded 34 yards away?

11-Feb-19
Thanks for taking us along Randy! Very fun hunts.

11-Feb-19
Close call Randy! Thanks for sharing!

11-Feb-19
Watched these all yesterday. Really enjoy that it is the sounds of nature and the hunters without someone shredding a guitar solo or something else to try to make it "more entertaining" or "more dramatic". Plenty of that in the hunt itself! Oh, and watched Matthew's Wyoming elk hunt. What a beast! Not that it matters, but did you score it?

12-Feb-19
Great videos! Really enjoy all your videos! Well done!

15-Feb-19
Nicely done Randy! Dang...that was close on that last buck...better luck next year! Also, great info on how the farm bill helps Arizona grassland wildlife...learn something new every day. And the chow, man-o-man you guys ate some great meals. That portable smoker with the javelina hams looked amazing. Great hunt...great video...good times! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Kevin

• Sitka Gear