ELKMAN 08-Feb-19
Boreal 11-Feb-19
WV Mountaineer 11-Feb-19
YZF-88 24-Feb-19
YZF-88 24-Feb-19
YZF-88 24-Feb-19
TD 25-Feb-19
05-Feb-19
Been seriously looking into a press + drawboard to string and work on my own compounds.

Those of you who work on your own bow, what is your set up like?

05-Feb-19

SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
SoDakSooner's embedded Photo
Not set up yet but this is my reloading bench/archery workbench. Just moved. Too many other projects right now.

05-Feb-19
EZ green press with homemade draw board, ProChrono, and digital scale.

05-Feb-19
I have had a home shop for years. Various bow presses over the years. Right now my current on is a bow time machine. For a draw board I built one with a load cell, other then that I have an arrow saw and everything else I need to cut fletch and build arrows. I can work any bow for the most part with all the tools and equipment I have. Indoor area to shoot, chronograph ect ect.

05-Feb-19
LCA EZ Green press with draw board, LCA bow vise, just ordered a bitz jig, and about every tool you can think of.

05-Feb-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
It's kind of tight...

05-Feb-19
I have 2 presses. One I have used for years and plan to get rid of and the other I just recently purchased. The one I am using now is an apple edge press. It is not a press you want if you press a bunch of different bows, but it is 100% secure once it is set up for your particular bow. It is a little slow to use, but I prefer to use it over my other EZ-press style press. I have a Caldwell Chrony, arrow saw, a few different fletching jigs (bitz and AZ EZ fletch), arrow squaring tool, bow vise, paper tuner, draw board, draw scale, grain scale and indoor range up to 13 yards.

05-Feb-19
Homemade drawboard with digital scale and pipe clamp style bow press with hardwood jaws (google them for archery talk plans). I have a couple of Bowmaster cable presses too for travel.

I cut arrows with a carbide blade on my 10” table saw. Use a propane torch to heat hotmelt glue. A Bitzenberger fletching jig, bow square, spirit level and 4’ carpenters level, vise with plywood jaw facing plus soft cloths for clamping bow. Old aluminum arrow straightener with dial indicator to check shaft and point runout, prior to cutting shafts and after broadhead install. Dental pick for separating string strands for peep and silencer install. Dial readout caliper for setting sight pins, rest adjustment, etc. Also a rarely used chronograph and digital powder scale.

You can get by without all the tools but they come in handy for the bow and arrow and other things as well. Good luck with it!

06-Feb-19
I have a fletching jig on a closet shelf and a portable press in a drawer. Also have a bow scale hanging from the basement rafters Works like a charm.

06-Feb-19

BWBOW's embedded Photo
BWBOW's embedded Photo
Have bow/crossbow press. String building supplies stretcher etc. Arrow saw. Fletching jig Bow vise. Home made draw board. Dont ever have to take my stuff to a shop

06-Feb-19
My shop entails an EZ Green bow press with drawboard, OMP bow vice, and a couple fletching jigs.

06-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

06-Feb-19
Wow you've even got a neon RAGE sign ELKMAN that's next level!

Currently my shop is basically my lap and some allen keys when I'm sitting on the lawn. I hope that changes though

06-Feb-19
That sign beats the Rage sticker on my toolbox. I have an Apple press, Apple vice, arrow saw, Bitz fletcher, most of the basic tools, Chrono, paper tuning frame, string board, some spools of B-55 and TS-1. for making trad strings. Some of this stuff is in my den in the house, some in a cluttered man cave room in the garage.

06-Feb-19

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo

06-Feb-19

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
DIY arrow saw. Designed and 3D printed all the parts.
YZF-88's embedded Photo
DIY arrow saw. Designed and 3D printed all the parts.
My EZ press showed up today. I use the same bench for reloading. It’s a regular steel shelf but I reinforced the middle bench with angle iron. I have a DIY draw board and arrow saw as well. Great not ever needing to rely on a shop.

06-Feb-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Hunting room/ bow room/ gear room!!

06-Feb-19
Wow Ken I know where I’m coming!!

07-Feb-19
Was looking at building a bench, but I like the shelf idea. Very cool, guys. Thank you for the ideas!

08-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

08-Feb-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

11-Feb-19
"Wow Ken I know where I’m coming!!"

You're welcome anytime Mark! I've had a couple of NJWW guys over already.

11-Feb-19
B&G pro shop. IF I develop a problem, I take it to him and he fixes it. Takes me longer to drive the 10 minutes to get there then the time it usually takes him to shoot it, diagnose it, and fix it.

I wish I knew how to work on them like so many of you. But, I buy what I can from him and he charges me nothing to tweek or work on my bows or guns.

24-Feb-19

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Just finished building the shop. Added a hickory shelf just for the bow press.

24-Feb-19

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Touched it up with some 3D printed arrow racks.

24-Feb-19

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

25-Feb-19
Mine isn't so much workshop as scattered mess......

YZF, what filament you use on that arrow rack? They make a "rubber" or flexible filament I think? Never used anything but PLA and ABS. Need to order some more soon and thinking of adding a few different kinds out there.

Great job BTW. I need to work my design software more..... takes me hours to get back up to speed with it when I haven't used it in a long time..... I know it too so I put it off even more..... the printer is the easy part....

• Sitka Gear