elvspec 05-Feb-19
Deertick 05-Feb-19
Treeline 05-Feb-19
Franklin 05-Feb-19
dirtclod Az. 05-Feb-19
jjs 05-Feb-19
LKH 05-Feb-19
05-Feb-19
Anybody ever have luck doing this with a elk or deer cape draped over your back and head? I can remember when I was a kid seeing a drawing of an Indian brave stalking a pronghorn buck with an antelope cape on his back. Always wanted to try it.

05-Feb-19
Thought it was a coyote. Have one set up just for that but never been brave enough to try!

They make some pretty good decoys now that work well.

05-Feb-19
Checkout the "be the decoy" hat and shirt. Randy Newberg has a video of him and a friend using them. If I remember correctly it works for one of them. At the very least you'll entertain anyone watching. Also seeing as how most states have year long coyote rifle hunting may think twice about crawling around on the prairie with a coyote hide draped over you.

05-Feb-19
Worth a shot! I stalk them all the time, without much success but it sure is fun and it makes a hunter out of ya for sure!

This is with a longbow, could probably take one with an 80 yard compound shot. They’re curious enough a lot of times to get that close on their own.

05-Feb-19
I may try both next season. I have a good coyote rug with head attached and good cow elk rug. Thought I might try it a day or 2 and if it doesn't work break out the 7mm Mag on day 3.

05-Feb-19
Tough stalking antelope with anything but have considered using a shetland pony to walk behind. Sort of like Jeremiah Johnson hunting elk behind a horse but just trying to keep the scale relative.

05-Feb-19
I never understood those paintings of indians sneaking around in wolf or coyote skins. What was their strategy? That coyotes could calmly approach game? If anything, I think I'd try to look like ... an antelope. (In fact, I've made a hat, and plan to do that at some point -- perhaps 2019).

05-Feb-19
Kinda wonder if it wasn’t to herd or move the animals towards other Indians hid out on their escape routes or over a cliff.

05-Feb-19
Where they share property some are using a cow as the decoy....and they have had success.

05-Feb-19
Coyotes smell like Death why put a hide on thats gonna make you Puke?

05-Feb-19
Cut my whitey tighties off once and twirled it in the air to get the buck off the ground and come over and take a peek, almost worked until he got the wind.

05-Feb-19
Before the massive die off I used to get an archery only tag and hunt south of the Missouri in very broken country. It was a riot and something that I dearly miss.

• Sitka Gear