SaltyB 07-Feb-19
Timbrhuntr 08-Feb-19
Beendare 08-Feb-19
rooster 08-Feb-19
05-Feb-19

BackcountryBloodline's embedded Photo
BackcountryBloodline's embedded Photo

BackcountryBloodline's Link
When friends and acquaintances first started asking what I would be getting up to on the weekend and receiving a reply of "bear hunting," I quickly realized that the majority of people in the lower mainland have no idea anybody even eats bear. I had started hunting just as the rug was pulled out from under us regarding the grizzly hunt and although there wasn't any form of provincial vote on the matter I don't think that would have helped much with our current public perception of bear hunting in most urban areas. I had recently started putting together a video of my first year hunting with my son and quickly decided to try and take the opportunity to explain both the edibility and sustainability of bear hunting in BC in a way that non hunters might be able to digest.

I tend to avoid Facebook like the plague these days but I posted it on there and the response was surprising, almost none of my friends hunt but it seemed to be quite well received by people I never would have expected to take interest. I also used it as a bit of a springboard to explain the need for predator management and the hypocrisy of someone eating beef but having an issue with Canada Goose using coyote fur or typing angry comments on hunting photos/videos from their own leather couch.

Either way, I had fun getting a bit of practice filming/editing and creating memories for my son and I...feel free to share it, you never know who's mind you might change. Hope everyone is getting excited for spring bear, just got a new string and cables put on the bow and will be spending the next few weeks experimenting with a couple different arrow builds to try and get my fixed blade broadheads flying as true as possible.

06-Feb-19
Great job with your son and the camera. Really enjoyed that you could share this.

06-Feb-19
Very nicely done, thanks for sharing.

06-Feb-19
Excellent video, really enjoyed it. Congratulations to you and your boy.

06-Feb-19
Very nicely done my friend. You and your son will never forget those memories. Great video.

06-Feb-19
Well done sir!

06-Feb-19
Very well done. Made me smile! Hunt

06-Feb-19
Outstanding feel good video.

06-Feb-19
What a cool video and experience!

When I first saw the thread title I thought maybe it was about using bear tactics to date soccer moms. You know, like baiting them with sweets, playing dead when they attack, etc...

06-Feb-19
Dang double clutch!

06-Feb-19
That was great ! That youngun is game ! He reminds me of when my oldest boy started hunting with me, I had to carry him on my back through the berry vines squirrel hunting. That really brought back memories. Thanks !

06-Feb-19
Nicely done and welcome to the bowhunting world!

06-Feb-19
Enjoyed that. Thanks!

06-Feb-19
Good memories...from another BC bowhunter!

06-Feb-19
Cool video, GJ

06-Feb-19
Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. It reminds me of the hunts with my boys years ago. Those are the memories that last a lifetime.

Moe

06-Feb-19
Awesome!

06-Feb-19
Great cinematography, and storytelling...way to go, Dad!

06-Feb-19
Well done, sir. Nice rug aside, that video will be cherished more. I love the tone on that electric guitar, too.

07-Feb-19
Well done. Me, I'm not getting that close to a grizzly!

08-Feb-19
Well done !

08-Feb-19
Good platform Bloodline...keep up the good work.

08-Feb-19
Great job, on the video, the hunt and parenting!

• Sitka Gear