Z Barebow 19-Feb-19
Scrappy 19-Feb-19
SBH 19-Feb-19
midwest 19-Feb-19
SBH 19-Feb-19
midwest 20-Feb-19
Bowsiteguy 20-Feb-19
06-Feb-19
Anyone watching the Pure Trophies YouTube videos? These 5 brothers are like a pack of ninja wolves killing big bulls in that steep, brush country of Northern Idaho/Western Montana. Really enjoying the videos while doing my cardio at the gym.

One of the brothers, Ber, did a podcast with Dan Staton of Elkshape. Very interesting life story about how their parents got them out of a war ravaged, communist Laos when they were young kids and how they ended up in Missoula Montana.

06-Feb-19
Watched the start of it. Those boys appear to be having a blast! Will have to sit down and watch the whole thing! Glad that they made it out of Laos and to the greatest country in the world.

06-Feb-19
They have a ton of content out there on YouTube. Listening to the podcast with Ber, they don't leave much more than a backbone when they pack one out. Ribs go, organs go, stomach and guts....pretty much all of it!

06-Feb-19
These guys are the real deal. And like a pack of wolves is very acccurate . Year in and year out they kill bulls in stuff most people will never go!! Amazing people . Hunt

06-Feb-19
I hadn't heard of them but you got my attention. Its -5 today in Bozeman soooo maybe I'll be doing "office work" and watch a few of these. Good timing.

06-Feb-19
Agreed. The real thing

06-Feb-19
Wow that was a great video thx for sharing. I need to check out the rest of them.

06-Feb-19
Been watching those a while. Good stuff.

06-Feb-19
Public land elk hunting "reality show"...great video!

Ber and his Brothers put in a lot of work each Year...they certainly know how to get it done!

06-Feb-19
I've seen them before but need to check them out again. I like to watch hunting videos like that do help pass the time doing cardio.

06-Feb-19
thanks for throwing this up. Have some new stuff to watch on the stairclimber.

06-Feb-19
Haven't seen it, will check it out. Are they as good as the Amish guys? ;-)

06-Feb-19
Lou beat me to it! If these guys teamed up with the Amish guys there’d be no elk left. ;^)

06-Feb-19
Have to check it out. Sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing this Nick!

06-Feb-19

midwest's Link
Here's the ElkShape podcast....

06-Feb-19
They're a solid watch in my opinion. Nice to get away from the BRO show and see some quality hunting.

06-Feb-19
Agreed, good content... hard working elk hunters.

06-Feb-19
Bad@ss dudes and a very well done video!

06-Feb-19
I have seen 5-6 get out off a small Toyota pickup at one time. The way they hunt together is truly like a wolf pack! It’s amazing and there vegetables are the best around. The farmers market is the place for fresh veggies here and they have the best. They also leave nothing in the woods. I have seen 10-12 with pillow cases packing everything for back straps to stomachs! The real deal that’s for sure !! Hunt

06-Feb-19
Yup, been watching their videos for quite a while. Always entertaining.

06-Feb-19
Great stuff!! Funny thing was 20 minutes later I wanted to watch it again ( Get it? 20 minutes later!!)

07-Feb-19
Very good video and fun to watch. Will definitely look for more....and yes, I get it Shug....LMAO.

07-Feb-19
They’re enjoyable to watch and straight up killers! I enjoy watching an elk hunt that shows what unfolds with tactics shown and the results (pure trophies) vs putting on makeup, scratching each others butts and talking the whole time that some other groups show.

07-Feb-19
English language would help.

07-Feb-19
What is the purpose of the blue spray paint on the tree at 7:24?

I heard plenty of English.

07-Feb-19
Logging .

07-Feb-19
Generally for logging purposes. -- For those watching & have a tough time consistently putting bulls down don't let their vids get to you, those elk see few if no other hunters in that area, they're not pressured. You can tell by the elks demeanor & their willingness to pass 5 & 6 point bulls. -- Outside of that I enjoyed the 4-5 episodes I watched, no sheenanigans.

ElkNut/Paul

07-Feb-19
It's amazing their ability to find unpressured elk in OTC/General areas, relatively close to roads in wolf and grizz country.

08-Feb-19
Thanks for bringing this up Nick! I started binging on their content last night. Refreshing to see. They are the epitome of true hunters. Never giving up.

08-Feb-19
Great videos. No goofing around in camp, no crying and acting over kills, not a lot of talking and story telling. I’m over some of the other popular videos out there...as others stated this was refreshing. Just some great hunting in tough country. If they are on public ground....super impressed. Either way, they are killing big bulls and the calling is superb. They’re bringing em in close!!

08-Feb-19
Very nice. I'd be curious what a couple things said are that I couldn't understand but words aren't really needed for hunting videos. The language of the hunt is the same. These guys are loving it and that's awesome.

08-Feb-19
"I’m over some of the other popular videos out there..."

Bingo

08-Feb-19
APauls, I listen to quite a bit of Rammstein. Can't understand a word they're saying but I still bang my head! ;-)

08-Feb-19
Feuer Frei!!

08-Feb-19
Bang bang!!!

08-Feb-19
In the Sound of September video if it were me, I would have shown some emotion when that bull came in and it "jumped". Well that one may have pushed me over the edge. Have you ever seen a grown man cry?

13-Feb-19
awesome! He hit that branch hard on that shot. Crazy that the placement was still so good.

13-Feb-19
Whenever Rammstein is mentioned in a thread it is immediately Next Level.

13-Feb-19
Can’t wait to get home tonight and watch it.

15-Feb-19
Hey dirtclod, the English language is not a prerequisite for hunting elk. You sound like a F*ing twat when you make ignorant comments like that. No wonder why most people think hunters are a bunch of ignorant rednecks. You probably couldn't keep up in the elk woods with these guys for half a day...Carry on with your antiquated nonsense.

15-Feb-19
Saw one of their videos the other night - great stuff. These guys know how to kill elk and my son and I enjoyed watching it.

16-Feb-19
"You sound like a F*ing twat when you make ignorant comments like that."

I was struggling to come up with a witty retort, but I'll second that.

17-Feb-19
As midwest mentioned I would recommend listening to the Elkshape podcast. Interesting story of Ber's family getting in US and then into hunting elk. Picking huckleberries to buy a bow, no target, shoot into some hay bales and keep your shots under 20yds. No vacation in September? I quit. Hahaha!

17-Feb-19
Lol. Thought I was the only guy watching elk videos while on the treadmill! ?? Adding this to my list!

17-Feb-19
Very impressive young men. I finally got to watch the whole video. Those boys are damn good in the woods. Kind of guys I would like to hunt with for sure!

17-Feb-19
Awesome hunting and film!

Thanks for posting up this great American story!

Mark

18-Feb-19
I hunt with them. They're good. At my best shape physically Ber beat me to the top and carried a heavier pack.

It's impressive what they do and how they do it.

19-Feb-19
Good vid and a great public land bull.

19-Feb-19
Often from the truck.Success equals knowledge and WORK.Great guys!

19-Feb-19
Nicely done! That was a fun video to watch. Kevin

19-Feb-19
"English language" would help with most hunting videos. In this case, these guys speak the universal language of real DIY hunting. No proper English narration necessary.

As opposed to a fat hillbilly saying, "Ah dun seen dat ole buhl a cummin' an mah gaaahd dun wispered, git reddy an chute yo Maffyues bow wif a Rayge-tippd Fuhl Meddel Jaykit wen he he-its dat a clearin' at sebenny yords"

19-Feb-19
Hey, got me excited. my best, Paul

19-Feb-19
Their knowledge of fieldcraft/woodsmanship definitely shows through. No wanabees in the group.

19-Feb-19
They have a ton of videos on YouTube. The one I was watching yesterday three of them were heading down the trail and about the time I was wondering why none of them had a bow they stop. Yup the shooter left it in the truck. The dudes are some real killers that's for sure.

19-Feb-19
Listened to an Awesome podcast that had Ber on it today ....I don't know how to do the link but it was done by elkshape podcast, Dan Stanton I believe?

What a helluva a story this Ber guy has to tell. Oh and he speaks a few different languages for those worried about his english, but I'm sure everyone here does too:) Inspiring, and amazing what his family pulled off. The dude is for real and has gone through a lot. Self taught, picked huckleberrys to save up for his first bow. He never complained once about their hardships. Excited and happy to be alive and chasn bulls. Inspiring stuff.

19-Feb-19
SBH, podcast and link noted above...

19-Feb-19
Midwest...Ah yes:) My bad. Missed that the first time around. Thanks.

20-Feb-19
Well, I think I've gone through all their vids. Anyone watch the one where they are collecting the intestines? A little poop included? I think I threw up in my mouth a little...

20-Feb-19
Have a problem with shooting 70 yards, Jacmo? Anyway, these guys apparently hunt in the brush, where you can't even see seventy yards. My steelhead fishing buddy took five grunts into Laos, when it wasn't legal for us to be in there, to help coordinate some Hmong efforts in helping us. Doesn't surprise me, from his stories, that Ber and his brothers can get it done. Around here, many are woodland farmers, and only kill predators (deer).

• Sitka Gear