nvgoat 06-Feb-19
bowbender77 06-Feb-19
Bigdan 06-Feb-19
Bill Obeid 07-Feb-19
elkhuntinut 07-Feb-19
2 Points 08-Feb-19
Mudslinger 08-Feb-19
06-Feb-19
I'm Tony and a long time member of bowsite. Before I ask my questions I would like to say that I would be willing to give info on a premier elk unit in Colorado "GMU 61". I was hoping some AZ residents, or anyone who has elk hunted AZ, would be willing to chime in on my questions. I'd like to try to draw a quality trophy unit next year with 14 points. According to the odds Ive been looking at I would have less than than a 1% chance of drawing 9, 10, or 23. My question is this? Would unit 8 be worth burning my points on? It looks like my odds of drawing early archery in unit 8 would be pretty good. What other units do you think would be better than 8 but still have a good chance of drawing? Thanks in advance for any constructive opinions or advise.

06-Feb-19
PM sent

06-Feb-19
PM sent

06-Feb-19
PM sent

06-Feb-19
PM sent

06-Feb-19

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Here is a unit 8 bull I killed first day of my hunt

07-Feb-19
Pm sent

07-Feb-19
Have you looked in 7W ?

08-Feb-19
I stay away from unit 10 as, the rez now has possession of a large part of it and has put restrictions and fees for access. Unit 9 was actually pretty pathetic last year as far as large bulls. Feral horses have taken over the SE portion so the elk have to compete for feed and water. Like Big Dan showed, unit 8 is good but is a sleeper. You might look at 5BN, it has some rugged areas and, you can get away from people pretty easy. Stay away from 11M, 6B and 7E.

08-Feb-19
Just an FYI, My buddy shot a late season bull that scored 334" broken. It would have been around 352" fully intact. We did find a broadhead in it also, somebody thought they had a big bull. So I'm saying their are 350" bulls in the unit. My buddy did go guided also. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Sitka Gear