ppfd 08-Feb-19
mountainman 08-Feb-19
altitude sick 08-Feb-19
Buffalo1 08-Feb-19
ppfd 08-Feb-19
IdyllwildArcher 08-Feb-19
ELKMAN 09-Feb-19
08-Feb-19
Bought a Hoyt powermax package this past fall. Looking for guidance in set up,tuning and replacement ideas for the sight, quiver, stabilizer. QAD rest that I like. That site is a fuse 3 pin and the stabilization is a short fuse brand as well. Arrow advice, Broadheads, any information you all can point me to. I downloaded the nuts and bolts of archery from AT Thanks

08-Feb-19
Wow, that is a lot of questions to answer! My advice to you is to find someone in your local community such as at your local archery range or pro shop that can mentor you in setting up your rig. The advice and experience such a person can answer is invaluable and can shorten the learning curve up significantly.

08-Feb-19
Brotsky x2

08-Feb-19
Brodsky X3

08-Feb-19
Like the others said. Try and find a reputable bow shop to get you headed in the right direction.

Even with google, there are so many things that come together to make a bow shoot good and also the archer shoot good that it would be a little overwhelming without a good mentor. Not impossible to do it by yourself, but much harder and likely much more frustrating.

Also, learn about arrow spine and which spine will work for you BEFORE you buy arrows. That may save you some money.

08-Feb-19
Yeah google led me here. No shops in my area I’ll get it figured out Thanks men !

08-Feb-19
With no shops in your area, try reading all you can. As you go along with setting your stuff up, if you get stumped, jump on here and ask about that specific thing.

Folks are more likely to answer a specific question. And there are some pretty knowledgeable people on here(and a few knuckleheads).

08-Feb-19
To start out you don’t need to know every aspect of archery. Just shoot and dial it in from there.

08-Feb-19
For starters- how do you know you got the correct draw length? Is the draw length adjustable on the model you purchased? How did you determine the desired draw weight?

If you don't have a bow shop around, do you know any bowhunters or archers who live close to you that would be willing to help you set your equipment up properly?

What was your source of purchase of the bow package?

What all was included in your bow package?

08-Feb-19
Went to a Hoyt dealer a few hours away and got measured for draw length. I do have a few friends that bow hunt, and there is a local club with a range I plan on joining. Bow was the powermax package with Fuse accessories, Easton carbon arrows, Been reading and watching YT videos. A lot to learn!

08-Feb-19
The ladies love a new bow owner.

09-Feb-19
I would do either a QAD or Trophy Taker on the rest. Sight I always recommend the Black Gold stuff just because they're not to expensive, built like tanks, simple, and have great CS. Quiver your going to want to do the Hoyt 2 piece standard not that carbon POS if your keeping it on the bow while hunting. If your wanting a detachable do the Tight spot. (Bow will need to be tuned for one way or the other, won't stay static both ways) Best stabilizers for hunting in my opinion are the Doinker Flex hunters in the either 6 or 8 inches. If you want to do strings I would go with JBK strings, best build quality and CS in the industry. JMO

• Sitka Gear