Dirty D 12-Feb-19
Bosshog 12-Feb-19
Chuckster 13-Feb-19
t-roy 01-Mar-19
Scrappy 01-Mar-19
elkwhisper 01-Mar-19
Ambush 02-Mar-19
11-Feb-19
Ive been using the exodus for several years now and have had really good luck with them, never lost any deer and most go down insight. Wanting so switch to a spitfire or killzone this year mainly because im expanding my range by alot because of new setup and would like the bigger cut for if I do screw up or just better blood trails in general. Anyways between the spitfire and killzone is one significantly better than the other as far as leaving good blood trails and accuracy? Right now im thinking id like the killzone because i believe the box said 2 in cut while spitfire said 1 and 3/4 in. Cut. But the spitfire has 3 blades so...

11-Feb-19
I shoot both and have for years. They fly great out to sixty yards in my backyard(never shot an animal that far), leave great blood trails, and just plain get the job done. Now that I have said that I think I have found an even better spitfire that only has two blades.

11-Feb-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo

Scrappy's Link
I forgot to mention that you can get the two blade version on clearance for 14.99 at midway USA.

I killed my last three deer this past season with them, big holes equals big blood trail.

11-Feb-19
Scrappy,

You aren't supposed to hit them with an ax! LOL Dang man, that's crazy!

11-Feb-19
I’ve killed probably 125 deer with Spitfires and never had a single failure.

11-Feb-19
I've been using Spitfires for many years, on everything. I've never experienced a failure, nor has my long time hunting partner. There is a huge variety of game that will be encountered in a BC hunting season, so it's important to have a head that will handle all game under a great range of conditions.

Use a shaft on the stiffer side and 425 grain or more total finished weight.

11-Feb-19
Scar finga that poor deer ran out about 40 yards looked back and thought were did that axe come from, then fell over dead.

11-Feb-19
I think you are backwards. Shoot a solid, sharp, fixed blade - "if I do screw up ".

11-Feb-19
X2 Buck...too much information given. Should of just asked about the broadhead.

11-Feb-19
Thankyou for the input, sounds like spitfires are more popular, scrappy looks like them 2 blade spitfires do a fine job might have to get some of those with a deal like that!

11-Feb-19
I’ve shot many critters with Spitfires. Can’t go wrong with them. I just shot a doe this year with a NAP Doublecross. It did a great job also

11-Feb-19
Spitfire 125

11-Feb-19
Bosshog-it’s great that you have never lost a deer but when expanding your range you will regardless of what broadhead you shoot. The farther you shoot the more it will happen. Any NAP product is top quality and will work as intended.

12-Feb-19
1boonr- eventually every hunter shoots enough deer to lose one, but I don’t think extending range has a direct connection to loss necessarily. I’ve found deer less likely to to move or jump the string and more time to execute a perfect shot when they are out a little ways. Say 40 yards. When they are inside 20, they are more likely to jump the string and often times the shooting opportunity materializes quickly. This is all compounded by a steeper shot angle. Even with my trad gear, I want them over 15 yards. I’m not advocating anyone start trying to take long shots just because they are there. Everything must be dialed, your equipment, your shooting, your ability to remain calm and think, as well as your ability to read body language. To each his own, but slightly longer shots doesn’t always mean more missed or wounded game

12-Feb-19
Are any of you guys shooting these through "shoot thru" mesh on blinds?

12-Feb-19
Ya I know there is more possibility to wound the farther the shot but my max range before was 40yrds and now its going to be 60 yrds and im shooting 70 pounds and finally own a range finder and practice alot so I think Its still a reasonable range... i guess i kinda wasnt clear i have lost deer, just not with nap broadheads, and the ones i did lose i believe were 1 lung hits and the other heads i were using werent near as sharp or flew as wall as the nap exoduses ive used out of the box.

13-Feb-19
I have used nap crossfire broadheads for years. They don't make them anymore so I get them off e-bay. The broadhead spins on the shaft. I have not lost one animal while using them.

01-Mar-19
NAP Spitfire 100gr 2 blades are now down to $11.29 for a 3 pack at Midway USA

01-Mar-19
Dang it T-Roy I could have gone without that info. I bought four packs from midway USA for 14.99 a month ago. Now to decide if I need more or not?

01-Mar-19

elkwhisper's embedded Photo
elkwhisper's embedded Photo
Dozens of elk, deer , bears and turkeys with no problems with Spitfires..... this KS whitey was the latest recipient. Elk on the other hand I am shooting fixed. They are tough critters

02-Mar-19
Haha! The clown reinvents himself yet again. D360, I think your moma has your tubby ready.

• Sitka Gear