bighorn 14-Feb-19
Ucsdryder 14-Feb-19
Shawn 15-Feb-19
trkyslr 16-Feb-19
kota-man 16-Feb-19
elkster 19-Feb-19
fastflight 19-Feb-19
11-Feb-19
I'm looking for a bino harness. I mostly will use it in the tree stand while deer hunting, with my turkey vest during the spring and my annual trip out west to hunt elk, deer, or antelope. I would also like to have a spot to add my rangefinder as well. What one do you recommend?

11-Feb-19
I really like my FHF...

11-Feb-19
Take a look at Outdoor Vision. If I were in the market for one, I think I would choose theirs.

11-Feb-19
I have owned almost every type at some point or another, I have the Alaskan Guide Creations and the FHF right now, both are very good! I think I like the FHF the best. I also carry my 40 Cal. in a holster attached to the harness as well as my range finder. Works very, very Well!

11-Feb-19
Marsupial is a winner!

11-Feb-19
I have Sitka, Kuiu, other pouch types. And old style elastic web types. My new favorite is the (Rick Young). Easily adjusted to different thicknesses of clothing, hugs very tight to body for crawling. I use lens covers for protection. Not saying it’s the best but it’s my new favorite.

11-Feb-19
Kuiu is hands down the lightest and simplest. In my opinion that = "Best".

11-Feb-19
I like my Marsupial Harness. Gotta be careful with the magnets though. They will skew a compass. Just got to get used to holding further from the body.

11-Feb-19
I like my KUIU harness except for one very annoying thing. Even with the lid secured tightly, I hate the way it constantly fills up with pine needles, etc. May have to check out FHF.

11-Feb-19
Another Marsupial fan. I took out 1 of the 3 magnets and added some felt to the inside to make it even quieter. When I'm hunting with a compound my rangefinder sits right next to the binos. The rangefinder is easily removed when I'm using a recurve.

11-Feb-19

Brotsky's Link
I hate the pine needle thing too! Drives me crazy!

Thinking about trying one from T and K hunting next. Looks like a nice harness from a veteran owned company right here in SD. Check them out.

11-Feb-19
Got rid of my Kuiu harness for the same reason wbs states. Always debris in it.

Using the AGC KISS. Great protection and actual, real "one handed" access and return. I always have a pack, so I stayed away from some of the mini chest packs that AGC sells. Just need a place for bino's, wind checker, and rangefinder.

11-Feb-19
I like my Kuiu just fine. Haven’t had any issues and I wear it upwards of 125 trips afield each year. It gets some debris in it but not a big deal

Watch the Marsupial harness. We were way back in the mountains in Co and my buddy had his GPS thrown off by 180 degrees with it. We finally figured it out but it could have been bad. If you put the GPS on the ground and lowered his harness down to it, you could watch it get all messed up.

11-Feb-19
Really like my AGC KISS pack, do not use it in a tree stand. I prefer no chest pack in the tree stand. Can't set up my sticks on a tree with a pack on my chest.

11-Feb-19
marsupial for me..

came recommended to me after a guy had tried pretty much everything lol...

11-Feb-19
I used to use FHF. Last year I started using Mystery Ranches. I really like the mystery ranch

11-Feb-19
Outdoor vision is a very low profile option that works great. However, I went to the Rick Young harness this year for tree stand and eastern hunting and, I’ll be wearing from now on I believe. I really like it. I like the OV one too. It’s light, low profile and does it’s hob well. But, I like simple and light. The RY harness gets the nod from me.

11-Feb-19
I was very skeptical about the Rick Young harness just looking at it. Until I tried it. The demo video explains it a little better.

11-Feb-19
Are you guys using these with packs? I hunt with a pack on and have been wanting to add one of these. Unsure of how it goes with pack straps...

11-Feb-19
I like the Kuiu. It's quiet, easy to access and you can add a range finder pocket to the bottom.

11-Feb-19

kota-man's Link
Here's a "review" I did some time ago. I'm still big on the AGC, Outdoor Vision and the NEW Sitka Harness. Lots of good choices out there...I probably use the new Sitka Harness 90% of the time now.

11-Feb-19
320 bull...I've used about every harness out there with a pack and have never had any issues. Put the harness on and the pack over the top. Chest strap above the harness (and under if you want to use the binos with the pack on) and waist belt below.

11-Feb-19
I’ve had kuiu, Sitka and agc. I hated the kuiu because nothing holds it up once you take out the binoculars and it wants to fall down. The Sitka squeaked but was super slim and small. So far my favorite is the agc.

11-Feb-19
I have an AGC. It works fine. Be aware though with certain rubber armor (Leica is what I have) they will squeak like crazy. I had some soft liner sewn into mine to eliminate the issue. Also, I'm a bigger guy and climbing into a stand with steps or climbing sticks, the pouch will catch on damn near everything.

11-Feb-19
Another vote for AGC

11-Feb-19
Marsupial Gear.

11-Feb-19
I got the AGC KISS last fall and wore it in 4 states - all with a pack on. Worked well. I took my wife's sewing ripper and got rid of all the Alaska Guide advertisement patches - that saved a pound. Kept my Swaros a lot cleaner than the harness I used to have.

I haven't tried the others mentioned.

11-Feb-19
Thanks for the replies. I'm between the AGC KISS and the Kuiu harness with the rangefinder pouch.

Having the rangefinder close if very important for me.

11-Feb-19
Rangefinder pouch on the KISS would be pretty small. It is kinda tight for a bottle of wind indicator.

11-Feb-19
I tried to like my Kuiu harness for several seasons. In the end, the only appeal it had was weight and compact size.

11-Feb-19
Does the Kodiak Cub have a spot for a rangefinder?

11-Feb-19
I looked at KUIU and Sitka bino harnesses at DSC Convention this year. Wasn’t impressed with either. I bought a Badlands from Optic Planet the other day and am going to give it a try. A plus was it was on sale.

Will probably walk around the P&Y Convention just testing it out and at banquets from back table locations.

11-Feb-19
I’ve tried a lot. (kuiu, Rick young (no protection for the binos ) ,FHG (too loud), Alaskan guide (too hot), etc). I really like the Sitka one. Lightweight and cooler. Been sticking with that one so far

11-Feb-19
I have had several. I like my VORTEX one a lot. Nice for my wind bottle, range finder, license, etc. It's like a man purse for hunting.

11-Feb-19
I use an original FHF and now that it is well broken in my binos fit perfectly and it’s much quieter than when new. I like how simple and small it is, just enough room in side webbing to store windicator and cleaning cloth. Chapstick and license in front zipper. The bulky almost chest-pack sized harnesses do not appeal to me.

11-Feb-19
FHF for me and I use their range finder pouch too. I do use a loop of parachute cord to secure the range finder to the harness. This way I can drop it after ranging and not lose it. I've tried Bad Lands, Kuiu and Sitka (1st generation) and always seem to go back the FHF. That said, the choices are so much better than 20 years ago!

12-Feb-19
I used a Horn Hunter for years. Loved it. Two minor complaints: If not paying attention, the magnet lid can "snap" shut (makes a noise...not ideal). Secondly, the straps don't have much surface area, thus it puts more pressure on the shoulders. Also, lid is not completely sealed. Pros: quick disconnects to use binos w/o harness. Rangefinder holder and bungee leash. $50-70

My solution to my grievances was to upgrade to the Badlands: The magnetic closure is darn near sealed, keeps debris out (can still "snap" shut). The harness has great weight distribution and does not cut into my shoulders under my pack. Cons: no rangefinder holder (so sewed the case that came included with my Sig Kilo 2000 directly onto the side). Cons: no quick disconnects. There was also a "hydration reservoir bag" in a zippered area on the back of the harness, which i unzipped and cut off the mesh bag at the seam, no more bulk now. $sale$60.

These harnesses mentioned are much more of a bino "case" than just a harness. I personally don't see the value of the minimal harnesses, but then again, I haven't used them.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Horn-Hunter-Binocular-Case/1260831.uts?productVariantId=3010777&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03282269&rid=20&ds_rl=1246543&ds_rl=1246546&ds_rl=1247984&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-onjBRDSARIsAEZXcKY053ISBDmd357bBtPDILajCLjtSmjm_ied6wuboQwJq88IpamQMYkaAsqtEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.cabelas.com/product/BADLANDS-BINO-X-CASE-APPROACH/2660452.uts?productVariantId=5251397&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04844999&rid=20&ds_rl=1246543&ds_rl=1246546&ds_rl=1247984&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-onjBRDSARIsAEZXcKYLrQdqrqTrfWZQN6SK1HgIzLOw0vJU7-efz9eb8P-RQ7X1a3mFJk0aAiEoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Can't comment on the different badlands models, not even sure which one i have. Happy Hunting -SSS

12-Feb-19
I like the AGC Kodiak Cub. Fits my 10x42 with ease. Nicely designed and well built. Can't go wrong with it.

12-Feb-19
Is there anyone that makes a good hip pack for binos/range finder? I have low back problems and the extra weight on front all day does not feel good by the end of the day.

12-Feb-19
Tried a bunch, I’m liking the Rick Young the best.

12-Feb-19
I prefer the Kuiu, bought and sold the AGC and Outdoor edge models. The primary issue I had with each were the pocket dimensions (not"tall" enough) and noise.

12-Feb-19
Another Kuiu vote.

12-Feb-19
"I’m liking the Rick Young the best."

This looks to be the lightweight winner.

I had the crooked horn bino straps for many years but I must hunt too much in wet/snow conditions and got tired of them. The "suitcase on the chest" ones are nice for keeping things dry.

13-Feb-19
I use the AGC and absolutely love it. But my buddy feels the same way about his FHF. Both are excellent bino harnesses. I'd say you can't go wrong with either.

14-Feb-19
Don’t like Kuiu because of the debris it collects, lack of protection for binos and because it really can’t be used with a single hand. Always catches. Are any of the above truly single handed???

14-Feb-19
I haven't looked at the new Sitka harness. What is teh difference between it and the Kuiu harness?

14-Feb-19
The material is just as noisy as the Kuiu material when putting bino in and removing it. And has a noisy zipper and loud magnet. Both work very well if just walking around or sitting and glassing. But within animal hearing range you don’t want to touch them as a bedded deer for example will hear the material. They do have their place. But I think they are too noisy for stalking in close.

14-Feb-19
BullBuster - the Outdoor Vision is indeed single-handed use. If any Bowsiters are interested PM me for a discount code. Full disclosure, lead time is long right now, due to heavy backlog. Thanks, Geoff

14-Feb-19
I prefer the Outdoor Vision of all the models mentioned. I have a KUIU and a Badlands one if someone would like them.

Please just PM me. First come first served.

14-Feb-19

14-Feb-19
The Rick Young cut into the back of my neck on an elk hunt...I tossed it.

Still using my old Nikon straps, they're comfy, and working just fine.

14-Feb-19
I gave away the KUIU one. I still have a Badlands harness if anyone is interested.

Please PM me your address. Thanks

14-Feb-19
Both harnesses are gone.

14-Feb-19
Another vote for KUIU simple easy access.

14-Feb-19
Nice gesture Eric. Very nice!

15-Feb-19
Love the Rick Young bino harness and his neoprene bino cover. Got both for under 50 bucks and they are awesome. I am going to order 2 more of each. Another for me and another for a buddy and the I will have less than $150 for all 3. 2 year warranty as well. Shawn

16-Feb-19

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Well this new Bino harness just might be the ticket who’s always wanted a combo of a few diff harnesses. The ADAK harness will be offered through Orvis soon... said to be very quiet, protects binos 360, no magnets or noisy clips, and has straps for the binos. The rf is also made similar .. all one hand operation. I will be getting one of these to try out.

16-Feb-19
That one looks pretty good Chris...

19-Feb-19
Another vote for Rick Young. Although I haven't tried Marsupial, or ADAK.

19-Feb-19
Just wanted to jump back in and thank Eric V publicly as he came through on his offer a few posts ago and sent me his in new condition badlands harness. There are still good guys out there and he is one of them. Thank you

• Sitka Gear